g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Isco

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No pace, no power, no head to play for United, brilliant piece of scouting :lol:

Andersons Dietician

No pace, no power, no head to play for United, brilliant piece of scouting :lol:
Apparently it was something like 5.6mil he was offered to us as well. Always admired him that under 21 tournament he was in when Moyes took over he and Thiago were magnificent. His form at the back end of last year tho was easily in that moment the best player on the planet.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
That quote makes me skeptical at best about the truth of the reports. The correct idiom is big-head and has nothing to do with body, that quote makes us look like a modeling agency.
It clearly means he is a great player, but too small for the Premier League.

Hojoon

It clearly means he is a great player, but too small for the Premier League.
I took it as more of a flatter to deceive which is what bid-head tends to imply, which was an understandable criticism at the time since his passing choice and weight of passing were inconsistent. The part that makes it hard to believe is David Silva and Mata were great for our rivals at the time and are smaller than Isco. One of them we broke our transfer record at the time just a few months after the supposed scouting report about Isco.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Quickly becoming one of the best players in the world.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Isco has been unbelievable this year. On a personal level, the pity for him is that he plays with Ronaldo: it overshadows his contribution to Madrid's success.

Bale's career at Madrid is being binned by Isco and Asensio right now.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I took it as more of a flatter to deceive which is what bid-head tends to imply, which was an understandable criticism at the time since his passing choice and weight of passing were inconsistent. The part that makes it hard to believe is David Silva and Mata were great for our rivals at the time and are smaller than Isco. One of them we broke our transfer record at the time just a few months after the supposed scouting report about Isco.
Shouldn't have said it though because everyone can understand it in a different way :lol:

LoneStar

Isco's performance v Italy
Class player. He's made such a transformation in such a short period of time. The natural heir to Iniesta?

On a side note, the RM team is looking more and more ridiculous. They have some amazing young talent. Good luck to Bale and Barca.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Waiting for Thiago to fully impose himself in the national team - that's something he hasn't done on a consistent basis so far. Spain should be able to play an awe-inspiring brand of football in Russia and Denmark with the combination of him, Isco, Asensio and potentially Ceballos (though the former tournament might be too soon for him) - especially with Lopetegui at the helm. Almost definitely the most tasty prospective lineup since the decline of Xavi.
What is his contract situation at madrid?
Current deal expires in 2018. But Madrid have been working on a 4 year extension over the past couple of weeks (with the option of an added year and a reported release clause of €700 million).

marktan

Isco's a very good player, but I watched him a fair bit for Madrid last year and a lot of the time he flatters to deceive in the final third. A lot of times he messes up the final pass, takes a weak shot, or fails to dribble past his man.

That said, he's a very good midfielder. His close control is great, much like Iniesta he can wiggle away from his man. He reminds me a lot of Verrati in that sense (though I rate Verrati higher defensively). People that say Isco > Bale imo have it wrong, because though Bale's regressed a bit physically due to injuries, his decision making, dribbling and finishing in the final third as an attacker is a lot better than Isco's. The one that looks likely to replace Bale is Asensio, whose dribbling, passing and shooting I've been very impressed by (the only bit he doesn't match up to Bale on is physicality / striker finishes (e.g. headers), but that's to be expected given his age and build).

Isco does still have a problem though, because his best position is in midfield, and Kroos, Modric and Casemiro are about as balanced a midfield as you could want. He's kind of a mix between midfielder / attacker, which is why he struggled so much for game time when Bale was fit because he doesn't really replace anyone in the Madrid first eleven when everyone's fit. That seldom seems to be the case though, so Isco should be happy enough with the time he gets at Madrid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
The comparisons with Iniesta are exaggerated. At his age, Iniesta was a top 5 player in the world. Isco is not even one of the best 5 players from Madrid.

Hojoon

Shouldn't have said it though because everyone can understand it in a different way :lol:
True, but the only sources who claim the scout said it are the same or similar sources who said we've signed Gaitan, Garay, and Cavani a million times :lol:

Isco Disco though :drool: Such a fitting nickname.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
True, but the only sources who claim the scout said it are the same or similar sources who said we've signed Gaitan, Garay, and Cavani a million times :lol:

Isco Disco though :drool: Such a fitting nickname.
The next summer hit: Disco Isco :lol:

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Isco seems to be the ultimate creative player, he is as truly two-footed as I've seen in any player for a long time, he dances through opposition tackles because he can go either way, the closest we have is Henri Myki, (but his reactions are still slow).

Isco doesn't seem to fit any pattern of play, because he is the ultimate creator, he's like a footballing 'banksy' takes up his brush (or in Isco's case the ball) and creates. His main opportunity has come when through Bale's injury, Zidane at Madrid (and also now Spain) seek to play without a centre-forward. Isco fits the bill, nobody, even his own side don't know where he will turn up, but his energy and ability to see and use space is fantastic, he rescues other players, provides an 'out ball' when they need it and he is not afraid to accept the ball when he is being marked.

However in a fixed system of play, Isco could be a problem, wanders about doesn't fulfil a role, or if forced to do so becomes only half as effective. Takes a brave manager to pick him and allow him to dictate how the team will play, as the game goes on, again the ultimate in 'game-management' perhaps?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Isco's performance v Italy
Brilliant performance all around.

That scouting report or part of it can't be true. "His head is too big for his body". Imagine sending a scout who comes back with such a report about a player.

Culero

The comparisons with Iniesta are exaggerated. At his age, Iniesta was a top 5 player in the world. Isco is not even one of the best 5 players from Madrid.
Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo and Isco. He clearly has a case there, he is a tremendous talent that is now imposing his game more. At his age of 25 now he is hitting his prime

Isco is the one player I have always wanted in Barcelona, a natural heir to Iniesta indeed.

Treble

Iniesta? He will score more goals but Iniesta is an all time great. Iniesta's technique is unique.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Heh. He's been in incredible form for a few months but yesterday wasn't one of his best games. Fell into his old habit of one extra touch on the ball, which killed off a couple chances, and made too many mistakes with the ball, epsecially misplaced passes

Was very useful and he scored and his workrate is good as always, but he can be much better and needs to be much better than yesterday. He's been good in the last 3 CL games, but not great.

The final step for him now is to take the performances from the league of the last 2 months into the CL and the big league games. Hopefully he will
Wum surely.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Iniesta? He will score more goals but Iniesta is an all time great. Iniesta's technique is unique.
I don't know if Isco will be an all time great but his technique is unique too.

Obiorahking_

Isco is 25?

I've always thought highly of Bale, but I think Madrid would be wise to invest in Isco as a cornerstone player going forward than Bale considering his age and atrocious injury history.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo and Isco. He clearly has a case there, he is a tremendous talent that is now imposing his game more. At his age of 25 now he is hitting his prime
You can't mention Isco and Marcelo without Benzema and Bale. Bale was a real balon d'or candidate just last year and benzema is inconsistent as feck, but when he's on song he's easily our second best player

@utdalltheway nope, confirm every word. Performances like yesterday can and must become the norm for him rather than the exception

Obiorahking_

They really aren't. Very similar style of play and as great as Iniesta's technique is, Isco's is at least on par. And I'm really not being biased here.
Isco better be a runner up or come close to winning the ballon D Or next year.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He was bad in the weekend game vs Valencia and was subbed off at half time but I read he was ill for that.

He still needs to be more effective on the final third sometimes and despite his fantastic technique he still has odd games where he loses the ball too often. He's brilliant though, had a terrific end to the season last year and has started just as well. He's not Iniesta but he's not too far off.