Isco

MUFC OK

Great player but cant forgive the diving. Makes it harder to tackle him as he will turn and under the slightest contact hits the deck, uses the ball very well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Superb player, ridiculous that he's not a guaranteed starter but that's the quality that Real have. There's also Asensio and now Ceballos who are both extremely talented players that can't/won't break the first XI. An embarrassment of riches if ever there was such a thing.

EDIT: Forgot Kovacic as well. Seriously Real's B midfield is better than most teams first...
Lucas Vasquez isn't bad either.

jungledrums

Is there a better number 10/attacking mid in world football? He's fecking outstanding.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Is there a better number 10/attacking mid in world football? He's fecking outstanding.
oh to have him and casemiro in our side. all the talk is (often rightly) about Ronaldo and Bale, but wow these two: no wonder they won La Liga and the CL

Robertd0803

Fantastic player. Annoying that he goes down from a gust of wind but he really is brilliant.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
His ball carrying ability is no less than Lionel Messi, Luka Modric and Eden Hazard's.

What usually let's him down is his decision making with his passing and the weight of the pass when executed.

He is a great press resistant player in the ilk of the Dembele who plays for Tottenham.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who? I've held this opinion for quite some time, I'm not getting carried away.
Dybala, Hazard, De Bruyne, Ozil, David Silva, Pogba, Coutinho, Kroos, Ribery, James, Insigne, Pastore, Alli, Eriksen...

All on the same level or better(dybala is outright better). For us though, only Dybala i'm sure would be better than Isco

jungledrums

Dybala, Hazard, De Bruyne, Ozil, David Silva, Pogba, Coutinho, Kroos, Ribery, James, Insigne, Pastore, Alli, Eriksen...

All on the same level or better(dybala is outright better). For us though, only Dybala i'm sure would be better than Isco
Pogba isn't a 10, Kroos isn't, Ribery isn't, Hazard isn't really either. Coutinho, pastore, eriksen, Insigne, James and alli aren't better than Isco.
There is at least a discussion to be had over De Bruyne, Dybala, Silva and Hazard too. It seems in an effort to disprove my point, you've just massively exaggerated.

Eddy_JukeZ

Apparently United scouted him back in Malaga. Apologies if already posted.

"Towards the end of Sir Alex Ferguson's time at Manchester United, a senior club scout was dispatched to assess Isco, then at Malaga.

The player was watched several times, before the report was filed back that he wasn't considered good enough to move to Manchester United.

"He's good, but not quite quick enough and his head is too big for his body," was the verdict on the then 21-year-old playmaker."

This obsession with pace some have is quite odd.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...united-in-super-cup-as-reds-rue-missed-chance

Hojoon

'Head is too big for his body'

Sounds like a load of crap to me.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob

"Towards the end of Sir Alex Ferguson's time at Manchester United, a senior club scout was dispatched to assess Isco, then at Malaga.

The player was watched several times, before the report was filed back that he wasn't considered good enough to move to Manchester United.

"He's good, but not quite quick enough and his head is too big for his body," was the verdict on the then 21-year-old playmaker."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...united-in-super-cup-as-reds-rue-missed-chance
:lol:

Who scouted him? Our marketing department?

Blind

That's proper scouting like. His control and having the confidence to play out of any tricky situation is exceptional, also has great hair.

Bojan11

Same moron scouts said the same about Silva. We didn't sign Silva because he wasn't pacey enough.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
A very good player that combines tremendous strengths (technical ability, ball control in tight spaces, good sense of how to combine with others) with significant weaknesses (a mediocre athlete for a top footballer, especially for a player that is usually used as an attacker). Currently undergoing the transition from underrated to overrated.

He is probably best suited in the long run to be a deeper lying midfielder, where his athletic shortcomings would be less important. But the presence of Modric and Kroos has made that difficult.

Hojoon

I don't think that was meant literally.

More like Isco believing he's better than what he is.
Isn't the correct idiom big-head and no part about body is included? That makes us look like a modeling agency.

Suedesi

Same moron scouts said the same about Silva. We didn't sign Silva because he wasn't pacey enough.
Jesus fecking Christ, if our scouts come to that conclusion I should be a lot more tolerant with average Caftards here.

We need Spanish scouts in Spain, English people are decades behind continental Europe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A very good player that combines tremendous strengths (technical ability, ball control in tight spaces, good sense of how to combine with others) with significant weaknesses (a mediocre athlete for a top footballer, especially for a player that is usually used as an attacker). Currently undergoing the transition from underrated to overrated.

He is probably best suited in the long run to be a deeper lying midfielder, where his athletic shortcomings would be less important. But the presence of Modric and Kroos has made that difficult.
Are you the guy who scouted him for united?

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
When one player doesn't make it because his head is too big for his body you can now understand why United got here it is today. Sad thing

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just rad United refused to sign him in 2013 because "his head was too big for his body" :lol:
Whoever that scout is I'm sure he's the type of monster who, when making a cup of tea, pours the milk first before the water. He probably eats soup with a fork, too.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Just rad United refused to sign him in 2013 because "his head was too big for his body" :lol:
Guess that is just another way to say he is too smart. There are coaches who are not that good at working with smart players. It would suit Moyes perfectly well if this was a reason not to buy a player. Just a horrendous coach.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Not been posted in this thread but I remember it being said elsewhere about a year ago.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Guess that is just another way to say he is too smart. There are coaches who are not that good at working with smart players. It would suit Moyes perfectly well if this was a reason not to buy a player. Just a horrendous coach.
Yep, he would have asked Isco to play as DM ;)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best #10 in the world for me. Said it before but nobody could come into that madrid midfield and do a better job then anyone there currently. Modric, kroos and isco are the best in the world at what they do and they do it brilliantly together. Casemiro behind them has turned into a very good player as well.

Of course, for them to be so successful with a diamond like that they need excellent fullbacks in an attacking sense, and marcelo is as good as any left back Ive ever seen going forward, so he's as important as anyone. Probably Modric, marcelo and ronaldo are the 3 players who are there most important, but then their others are all world class as well.

RoyH1

If that scouting assessment on Isco is true, I hope we're hiring better scouts in the future!

SambaBoy

Wasn't it Fergie's son who said he wasn't quick enough and ruled him out of our list of transfer targets?

I remember us being linked with him when he was at Malaga and then seeing that article about him being too slow for the wing. I suppose at the time it wasn't a bad shout, as Fergie didn't really play with a 10 and he would have most likely struggled on the wing like Kagawa did.

Classical Mechanic

Wasn't it Fergie's son who said he wasn't quick enough and ruled him out of our list of transfer targets?

I remember us being linked with him when he was at Malaga and then seeing that article about him being too slow for the wing. I suppose at the time it wasn't a bad shout, as Fergie didn't really play with a 10 and he would have most likely struggled on the wing like Kagawa did.
Martin Ferguson, his brother.