Isco

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
He should be the first thing we ask from Madrid when they come for De Gea. I love both Mata and Mkhi but Isco is different class and can play as a third midfielder with Pogba and Herrera so he pretty much covers every midfield position bar DM.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Isco is more like a David Silva/Iniesta/Coutinho style player but much more capable of winning a game on his own due to his more complete attacking game. The game flows through him when he's on the ball, he can carry it so well, can beat 2 to 3 players at a time when he wants and can certainly dictate the tempo of a game.
Wait, what?

Reynoldo

He should be the first thing we ask from Madrid when they come for De Gea. I love both Mata and Mkhi but Isco is different class and can play as a third midfielder with Pogba and Herrera so he pretty much covers every midfield position bar DM.
I agree, if they come a calling then the first words out of our mouth should be Isco + another/cash

Šjor Bepo

I agree, if they come a calling then the first words out of our mouth should be Isco + another/cash
Agree, no point of selling for 50 or 60m when just his replacement will cost the same or more(if we are really into oblak).
I know there are always talks about trades and they never happen but if there is a club that would agree on a trade its probably madrid.

GM K

Sadly, I have to against your opinion mate...

He will slow down the tempo, the Pogba mate...Unless, he has Kross ability, Pogba will be rotten in Madrid Bench...sorry to say...

And have you look Madrid bench warmers mentality ??? Morata, Kovacic, Ascensio, and Vasquez ??? That's a winner mentality...if you have the chance give all your best...

A little pity, in the age of 23, as the most expensive players, his play should be more than this...And there's no excuse of saying this is his first full season in EPL...currently, he is still playing like a kid...while we are expecting a leader...

So, no...not this version of Pogba...may be if he can prove it next year and year a head..
Pogba will comfortably get on Madrid's bench and have good game time. No doubt about that. He is not slower than Modric, James, Casimero, Kroos and most of the rest. He has a passing vision as good as Kroos and Modric. He dribbles better than most in Madrid's midfield and he packs a shot as well as Kroos.

The lad has been given too much stick because of his price tag but if his mates (and himself) had put away half of the chances he created this season, we would be having a different conversation. Pogba will be one hell of a player in that Madrid team brimming with talents. Just imagine Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale being the players he is feeding with opportunities through those insane passes of his.

Wait until he has a good rest in the summer and we improve the quality of our team. Then you'll see that boy's incredible abilities.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I thought he was fantastic last night. I never realised just how good he is at dribbling and his use of the ball and work rate were both excellent. Am I missing something with him? He doesn't seem to get too much praise but anytime I've seen him this season, I've been impressed.

What does his form mean for Bale when he returns?
Madrid fans absolutely adore him. Was in Madrid last month to watch the game vs Alaves and every time he did something remotely decent, the fans in the stands raised their adulation to a much greater level than in comparison to any other player on the pitch.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In the sense that Coutinho picks the ball up deep from midfield and runs at the opposition..
Isco does that too, and most of the time with much more purpose. I get the point about dictating the game, but Coutinho, unlike Iniesta and Silva, is awful (well, if we're considering who he is against here) at it.

Šjor Bepo

As if Madrid are going to let Isco go given his age, nationality and how good he is.
and why should we sell De Gea? He is top 3 gk in the world alongside Buffon and Neuer, if they want him they should bring something special to the table rather then money we already have.

Blind

Fantastic player, really hope we pick up a midfielder in that mould this summer but I'm not getting my hopes up. Everything at Spurs goes through Eriksen and everything at City goes through Silva, I can't point to any player in our squad even close to that level of influence.

predator

Youth NITK
and why should we sell De Gea? He is top 3 gk in the world alongside Buffon and Neuer, if they want him they should bring something special to the table rather then money we already have.
If De Gea wants to leave should we keep him? If Madrid were poaching De Gea and he preferred to stay then we wouldn't have a problem.
I don't think Isco would want to leave Madrid and join us.

buckooo1978

Mata is more of a second striker than a playmaking attacking midfielder like Isco.
we've used Mata on the right though with a bit of a free role....coming inside to make room for Valencia

Isco had a free role last night operating at the tip of a diamond I think - I might be wrong

could be the ideal position for Pogba perhaps

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Isco does that too, and most of the time with much more purpose. I get the point about dictating the game, but Coutinho, unlike Iniesta and Silva, is awful (well, if we're considering who he is against here) at it.
I wasn't saying Coutinho is in the same league as him, more his style of play is more similar to Isco than Mata.

Aza Boy

He is not slower than Modric, James, Casimero, Kroos and most of the rest. He has a passing vision as good as Kroos and Modric. He dribbles better than most in Madrid's midfield and he packs a shot as well as Kroos.

Wait until he has a good rest in the summer and we improve the quality of our team. Then you'll see that boy's incredible abilities.
Yes he is slower than Modric and James...No need an argue for that...

He is par with Kroos...but still inferior in Vision and Passing...Pogba still like to do Hollywood pass ala Gerard...Kroos already master how to set up the tempo...he is the best version of Carrick's type midfielder...

Dribbles better than most Madrid Midfielders ??? Who ??? Modric, Isco, Ascensio ???

If you compare with Kovacic and Casemiro, yes he will win...but Pogba will be pissing himself thinking playing as pure DM...Have you seen Casemiro playing mate ??? Have you seen the difference in the playing style...Casemiro, while a late bloomer, play everywhere, he is the tall version of Kante...

Pogba, if Madrid bought him, will not be an automatic starter for them...that's why Madrid did not overbid us...face it...we've been tricked by the super agent...if the rumor is right, the Agent got 40 million net, Juve got 20 million net...so the actual value of Pogba was only 40 million...which is reasonable for potential World Class Player like him...but always remember, like James, the word "Potential"will be turn to be "Shite", if the player can not prove his value...

I don't want to bash Pogba...but i think millions of supporters like me expecting something more than usual play for the most expensive player of the world...against big teams...lead us to the glory in the future...but all depends on himself for turning the hefty burden of become the most expensive player to the true World Class Player he supposed to be...

Let's see the next year, he will be 24 next year...If he turns the way the fans have expected, that will be the happiest season in our club time....

Šjor Bepo

If De Gea wants to leave should we keep him? If Madrid were poaching De Gea and he preferred to stay then we wouldn't have a problem.
I don't think Isco would want to leave Madrid and join us.
If...reality is we dont know. He doesnt look to me like he is unhappy though, club is slowly getting on his feet, lets win Europa League this season, next season CL with Mourinho as manager i can see him looking positive at things in our club. But even if he does want to leave, he is under contract and should act as professional and tbf to him he already showed last time we can count on him on that front.
Isco going to us is another story but that shouldnt stop us asking for him. He isnt a starter for them, knowing Madrid this summer they will sign at least one new shiny toy for offensive part of the team so there is space for us to work on.

GM K

Yes he is slower than Modric and James...No need an argue for that...

He is par with Kroos...but still inferior in Vision and Passing...Pogba still like to do Hollywood pass ala Gerard...Kroos already master how to set up the tempo...he is the best version of Carrick's type midfielder...

Dribbles better than most Madrid Midfielders ??? Who ??? Modric, Isco, Ascensio ???

If you compare with Kovacic and Casemiro, yes he will win...but Pogba will be pissing himself thinking playing as pure DM...Have you seen Casemiro playing mate ??? Have you seen the difference in the playing style...Casemiro, while a late bloomer, play everywhere, he is the tall version of Kante...

Pogba, if Madrid bought him, will not be an automatic starter for them...that's why Madrid did not overbid us...face it...we've been tricked by the super agent...if the rumor is right, the Agent got 40 million net, Juve got 20 million net...so the actual value of Pogba was only 40 million...which is reasonable for potential World Class Player like him...but always remember, like James, the word "Potential"will be turn to be "Shite", if the player can not prove his value...

I don't want to bash Pogba...but i think millions of supporters like me expecting something more than usual play for the most expensive player of the world...against big teams...lead us to the glory in the future...but all depends on himself for turning the hefty burden of become the most expensive player to the true World Class Player he supposed to be...

Let's see the next year, he will be 24 next year...If he turns the way the fans have expected, that will be the happiest season in our club time....

How are Modric and James faster than Pogba? James is like a snail.

How is Pogba inferior to Kroos vision and passing wise? I don't get it.

Modric is not a dribbler for all his talents. Minus Isco, I am not convinced anyone in the Madrid midfield dribbles better than Pogba. Okay, let me agree with you that Asensio is because the lad is a good dribbler.

Casemiro? I have watched him closely. Very rash, very card prone, and average football IQ. That does not mean he is not a very good player, because he is, but spare me that comparism with Pogba.

I repeat, if half of the chances Pogba created this season had been converted, we would be having a different conversation. Watch him next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mental post. Your standards must be ridiculously high or maybe it's to do with the fact that we (United) are absolutely starved of a player of his quality that can move around the pitch so effortlessly with the ball and dictate a game.

I have looked at several ratings sites who all have him as the second best player on the pitch behind Modric. He was ridiculously good.
Nah, it's paranoia. Basically i think we're better off with him playing but unles he plays like a top 5 in the world, he's gonna lose his place once bale is fit

That, and i really really wish he'd reach that level. He's my favourite madrid player

And it is true that yesterday he was a level or two below what he's capable of

lawliet354

Thankfully the new coach rates him a lot. He was being called for the NT even when he spent a lot of time on the bench. Now he's playing much more and shining, so you guess the outcome.

He and Thiago will make up for a good Xaviesta replacement
That's good then, if Del Bosque actually called and played him in Euro things could have been different for Spain, one of my favourite player to watch right now

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
DIdn't he sign a new contract recently?
Marca said he has but don't think it has been officially confirmed. transfermarkt still says his contract expires in 2018.

I reckon Isco would want to wait until the end of the season before signing a new contract but looks like he's got his wish and is in the first team. Problem will be the return of Bale. CL final in Cardiff, you can see Bale starting over Isco even though he shouldn't.

KingofNYC

Asensio and Kovaic are better dribblers. Kovaic main problem is that he's too gunho to play DM.

Modric is quicker than Pogba, not necessarily a better dribbler though. However, when things are tight, Modric is definitely more capable than pogba to command a midfield and break the press.

Pogba is very good youtube player imo. I rate pogba alot, but he is nowhere near his transfer value

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He should start over Bale in the CL final if Bale is fit to play.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Zidane has done a great job motivating because he's always been linked to move due to a lack of playing time before but this season he's been sensational. He's backed up his incredible talent with solid performances.

Mohammed Javed

hes got the potential to be a future ballon d'or winner. Hes magnificent on the ball, the way he glides past players is terrific. I hope to see him in a United shirt soon.

KN5

Isco is brilliant; his close control is magnificent, he moves forward between the lines and creates room for the others to exploit. Insane two-foot dribbling, his passing could become a bit better if he wants to reach the level of Iniesta/Silva (not that they are totally similar players mind). Isco is just 25 years old, he can easily play for Real Madrid the next five or six years. I guess up until now he has just been that guy who came from Malaga, not a shining star like Bale. However, the tables have turned and I really doubt Bale will start the Champions League-final even if he is fit. I am so glad Isco didn't end up at Arsenal or Liverpool over the last two years, they would have gotten a gem on the cheap - he most likely wouldn't have gone there anyway.

That is kind of the thing as well, I think Real Madrid are sick and tired of Bale's injuries - and with age, I guess it is only going to get worse. In his 4th season, Bale has played 30+ league games only once and over the last two seasons he has 42 league games in total. Do I want Bale at United if he cost 60M? Sure - but again, I think his injuries would only increase with age. No player gets a lot of injuries and then suddenly just stops getting them...
Same, however, I'd only pay 60m if he could adapt to playing without his speed and power, with injuries especially it's a must he does it as injuries will take their toll on him and he's only a couple of years from 30!

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
hes got the potential to be a future ballon d'or winner. Hes magnificent on the ball, the way he glides past players is terrific. I hope to see him in a United shirt soon.
Don't think so personally. I'm a huge fan, but don't think he'll ever be a top 5 in the world player. Given how goal oriented the ballon door has become, he would have to also score 25 plus goals a season, and I don't think he is that type of player.
He is probably just below or just about world class.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was talked up a lot when he was coming through. Didn't quite live up to that. That said, he's starting to now show why there was so much hype surrounding him.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Asensio and Kovaic are better dribblers. Kovaic main problem is that he's too gunho to play DM.

Modric is quicker than Pogba, not necessarily a better dribbler though. However, when things are tight, Modric is definitely more capable than pogba to command a midfield and break the press.

Pogba is very good youtube player imo. I rate pogba alot, but he is nowhere near his transfer value
Seen little of Asensio but Kovacic is not close to Isco with the ball at his feet.

Eddy_JukeZ

Excellent player.

If there's a chance of a DDG-Isco swap deal, I'd be all for it.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Nope, no where close.

Erics_Collar

Yet another extremely talented player I want to beat to death with a lead pipe. Just stay on your feet and stop falling over FFS.