Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
At some point, as I mentioned before too much anger, the international community should find some land and gift it to the Palestinians, so they can be resettled. I cannot see any other way tbh, I just don't see Israel relenting in their quest to expunge them.
Similarly we should relocate all Ukrainians to other parts of Europe.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Threatened to do this many times before so let’s see:

Pintu

The post is a joe surely?
No it is not a joke. This the normal way our media are supposed to report on Israel’s brutality… Harm to the Palestinian victims is irrelevant…. When you start talking about the harm done to the poor soldiers enforcing the Apartheid you might get an audience.

Pintu

it looks like Netanyahu’s fascist regime isn’t going All-in yet, some invaders were denied the opportunity to further some ethnic cleansing projects. And we all gotta feel for these brainwashed thugs.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
At some point, as I mentioned before too much anger, the international community should find some land and gift it to the Palestinians, so they can be resettled. I cannot see any other way tbh, I just don't see Israel relenting in their quest to expunge them.
That's exactly what we did after WW2. On one hand to clear our guilty conscience and on the other to move them far enough so it wouldn't become a european matter ever again. It worked a treat.

I agree with @Raoul. Without the US nothing will ever change. The UNO is owned by the big five, the EU won't lift a finger, China doesn't care and Russia has other problems. The rest of the nations simply don't have the power nor leverage to do anything meaningful other than symbolic gestures. My german ex-wife was in the West Bank in 2015 and what she saw there was beyond belief. If one thought that the Apartheid was bad, they didn't see what's happening there on a daily basis. And that was 8 years ago, you can imagine how it's going right now with their far-right government. And of course there's not a single peep about that in the western media.

I do agree with your last sentence and I firmly believe that it will happen in the course of the next 30-50 years.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
That's exactly what we did after WW2. On one hand to clear our guilty conscience and on the other to move them far enough so it wouldn't ever become a european matter again. It worked a treat.

I agree with @Raoul. Without the US nothing will ever change. The UNO is owned by the big five, the EU won't lift a finger, China doesn't care and Russia has other problems. The rest of the nations simply don't have any power nor leverage to do anything meaningful other than symbolic gestures. My german ex-wife was in the West Bank in 2015 and what she saw there was beyond belief. If one thought that the Apartheid was bad, they didn't see what's happening there on a daily basis. And that was 8 years ago, you can imagine how it's going right now with far-right government. And of course there's not a single peep about that in the western media.

I do agree with your last sentence and I firmly believe that it will happen in the course of the next 30-50 years.
Yeah, it's like trying to understand the end game then pragmatically thinking what can be done to prevent it.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah, it's like trying to understand the end game then pragmatically thinking what can be done to prevent it.
There's nothing that can be done unless the US make a dramatic u-turn, which of course will never happen. There's no way the US would turn their back on such a major ally in that region.

The Palestinians are too weak, too divided and simply don't have the means to defend themselves other than launching some rockets and suicide attacks which in return will fuel the repression and accelerate the illegal settlement policy. The rest of the world just doesn't give a feck. The richest arab countries in the region, the supposed allies of the Palestinian cause (hahaha) have good relationships with Israel and are allied with them against a common enemy (Iran). So there's no support from that side to be expected other than some pocket money to prevent the Palestinians to starve to death. That's also what the EU and the US do by the way.

Israel has one of the most far-right regimes on Earth, a tragedy for such a developed and culturally rich country and when you take the WWII events into account, yet no one bats an eyelid. Their government is now completely unhinged, they don't even care about the appearances. They're hell bent on getting Jerusalem back, which they will achieve in the short-term, and in the long run expunge the Palestinians from the West Bank and Cisjordania. The most probable relocation being Jordania or any other neighbor country willing (or not) to welcome them. They're fully aware that they're going to lose the demographic battle and there's no way they allow that to happen. So it has to happen fast.

It is one of the biggest tragedies of the past and current century and no one is really willing to speak about it.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Israel bombing Damascus less than two weeks after the devastating earthquake that affected Syria and Türkiye.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Israel never cared, but they're just taking inhuman behaviour to a whole new level. Obviously with the blessing of the US at every step.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Israel never cared, but they're just taking inhuman behaviour to a whole new level. Obviously with the blessing of the US at every step.
Yep. Same with Saudi in Yemen tbh - there’s a common denominator though.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
For what reason is Israel bombing Damascus? Serious question.
Syrian civil war from 2011 has turned into a proxy war involving the US, Russia, Iran and Israel (and other smaller militias). Hezbollah / Iranian militias have a pretty strong presence there so this is essentially Israel fighting Iran but on foreign soil.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Syrian civil war from 2011 has turned into a proxy war involving the US, Russia, Iran and Israel (and other smaller militias). Hezbollah / Iranian militias have a pretty strong presence there so this is essentially Israel fighting Iran but on foreign soil.
Thanks. Don’t recall hearing the capital itself bombed before, is that a regular occurrence?

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Thanks. Don’t recall hearing the capital itself bombed before, is that a regular occurrence?
Damascus suburbs were bombed the shit out of in 2014/15/16 iirc - around that time. I’m not entirely sure how heavily bombed it’s been in recent times. But again, it’s more where Israel think Hezbolla/pro Iranian militias are to be honest, although I do take whatever Israel say with a healthy dollop of salt.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Israel is weaker than at any time I can remember.
That may be a perceptual illusion among those who get their information in groupthink echo chambers (like this thread) and various Twitter accounts.

In reality, they aren't any weaker today than 10 or 20 years ago given that the power structure that undergirds Israel (ie US support) hasn't changed one bit.

IhabX7

That may be a perceptual illusion among those who get their information in groupthink echo chambers (like this thread) and various Twitter accounts.

In reality, they aren't any weaker today than 10 or 20 years ago given that the power structure that undergirds Israel (ie US support) hasn't changed one bit.
I agree that the unconditional support from the US remains the same and will probably remain as such for a long long time. I'm interested to know, where do you get your information from in general?

owlo

I don't think so. Israelis are currently super unhappy with the government and terrified of the judicial change. There's been mass rallies and protest etc against it. A majority of the country are being buffeted by centrifugal force of the Haredim and the Ultra nationalists who have formed some sort of unholy alliance. Ben Gvir is literally a meme in Israel (heavily ridiculed and disliked) yet he holds huge power, the Haredim want to row back the secular rights of the state (gay rights, religious freedom, right to insult the jewgod, more money for religious studying etc) and through Ben Gvir and co are possibly able to do that given the assault on judicial powers. Bibi is so under siege he'll do anything to hold power and this is giving rights to these clowns. Meanwhile there is no organised 'opposition' as such, because they all want different things. Most modern secular Israelis want a two state solution, demand one even. (Jerusalem still an issue) Haredim really don't care as long as 'little israel' is religious. Ultra nationalists want to keep settling and harrassing the Palestinians etc, and meanwhile you have people elected under the guise of 'National Security' because people are scared. People are less patriotic, they do their national service but believe less and less in the 'cause.'

The power structures in Israel don't really allow for severe civil unrest, and it'd take the Army to step in for it to get anywhere. [Which they pretty much won't] But make no mistake, the unrest there is huge at the moment, and the power of oneness is diminishing. The law of return is pissing people off, so is support for Russia in general, the government are distrusted and the country is not in a good place. For the first time, people want to escape not go there.

Sure, if they get invaded they will kick ass, but that's a given. Internally it's far weaker.

Edit: I dont think much of this will be in the echo chambers, as it's simply not relevant to them.