Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

RedTiger

Half mast
In 2018, they, men, women, and children, walked peacefully to the same border that was breached this time, were shot with a lot of bullets, and in response the elected Israeli government became more right-wing
I found my post about that from 5 years ago.
I've said this previously on the forum and perhaps I wasn't taken seriously, but the only viable course of action for the protesters is to wear nothing but loin cloths when they approach the Israeli fence (which isn't the actual fecking border by the way) because anything else will be construed as a provocation and used forever as a reason to keep them subjugated.

They're all going to die anyway so they might as well allow history to paint them as non violent protesters from this point on.

RedTiger

Half mast
No no, Bibi the cnut is 99% lying.

There is evidence that several heads of councils (like "mayors" of adjacent small villages) in southern Israel were sent messages- to their phoens- by Hamas, warning them of an attack from Gaza on the Jewish holidays (i.e sometimes between the end of September and the beginning of October).

This info was passed on to higher authorities. wasn't taken seriously.
If this is true then he really does need to step down.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Yes, the first tweet at least, about intending to bomb trucks from Egypt, has been posted here.

I'm truly amazed at the millions (by guesswork) of Israelis who will find it easy to not particularly care/rejoice about the fact that 2M people are going to be treated like cockroaches.

What Hamas did made a lot of "central" and even left-leaning Israelis stop differentiating between their men and the average Gazan.
They were already being treated like cockroaches.

Oscar Bonavena

No no, Bibi the cnut is 99% lying.

There is evidence that several heads of councils (like "mayors" of adjacent small villages) in southern Israel were sent messages- to their phoens- by Hamas, warning them of an attack from Gaza on the Jewish holidays (i.e sometimes between the end of September and the beginning of October).

This info was passed on to higher authorities. wasn't taken seriously.
Excuse my ignorance, but why would Hamas warn Israeli officials about an impending attack?

reelworld

I found my post about that from 5 years ago.
I remember there was a mini outrage when the picture of the woman medic who got killed during that march was circulating around social media. And some Israeli defenders was trying to paint that she was collateral damage.
IDF tweeted the next day "We know where every bullet went"
Basically confirming that they killed the medic on purpose.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Her career as an attorney has basically crashed and burned before it even took off. One can despise the current Israeli government, but behaving like an apologist for Hamas after the events on Saturday is outright malicious.

Peak stupidity.
Its pretty much like attempting to celebrate the actions of the 9/11 hijackers immediately after it happened. Unfortunately, this sort of narrative has infested college campuses in recent years and subsequently metastasized through social media amplification, which results in what we see here - the celebration of terrorism as a device to advance intersectional power.

frostbite

Excuse my ignorance, but why would Hamas warn Israeli officials about an impending attack?
Don't believe anything you read. There are hordes of trolls on the internet now. Especially since Musk has allowed anyone to post anything on twitter. Some people will get caught in the propaganda. After all, what else can Hamas sympathizers do?

In reality, it doesn't matter much. Hamas bite off more than it can chew. Religious fanatics are not considered to be especially smart, but what Hamas did was really stupid.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hamas informed the media & IDF that at 500P local time yesterday, they would begin to shell a southern city (can't remember which one). It was the location of several media crews &, right at 500P, the rockets started in a heavy barrage.

Seems as though there is honor among thieves. IDF door knocks the building with inert ordnance to announce what building will be hit & gives the innocents time to escape at least from the immediate danger. Hamas did the same with that city.

frostbite

Since everyone is posting their ideas, here is my scenario:

Putin planned the whole thing! Hamas fanatics are too stupid, Putin sold them a great plan, perhaps through some Iranian friends, and the Hamas idiots believed they will somehow kill Jews and survive. Now they know they will not survive, but it is too late.

What does Putin get out of this? Hamas sympathizers are outed in US, we have another mess, the public gets outraged with Biden who allowed all these Muslims to immigrate to the States, Trump becomes the President and sacrifices Ukraine. Hamas is terminated, but most Arabs do not like Hamas, so it is not really a problem for anyone if they are eliminated.

Edit: This also explains the hordes of English-speaking trolls that "support Hamas" on Twitter and other social media.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anyone revelling in the Hamas murders deserves opprobrium but I don't think you should define someone for life by their student politics.
I think they should be able to have their views, but in today's day and age, employers can easily find out if they are interviewing someone who has in the past publicly expressed appalling views that if revealed could hurt their brand or else are just so offensive that they don't want them anywhere near their company.

Last edited:

The Original

Hamas informed the media & IDF that at 500P local time yesterday, they would begin to shell a southern city (can't remember which one). It was the location of several media crews &, right at 500P, the rockets started in a heavy barrage.

Seems as though there is honor among thieves. IDF door knocks the building with inert ordnance to announce what building will be hit & gives the innocents time to escape at least from the immediate danger. Hamas did the same with that city.
Has Hamas ever done this before? This seems very much like an ad hoc tactic to gain legitimacy after perhaps realising that their recent barbarism was simply far beyond the red lines of most of humanity.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Its pretty much like attempting to celebrate the actions of the 9/11 hijackers immediately after it happened. Unfortunately, this sort of narrative has infested college campuses in recent years and subsequently metastasized through social media amplification, which results in what we see here - the celebration of terrorism as a device to advance intersectional power.
I really don't understand how they think it's persuasive for those not already on their side to glorify or justify terrorism against innocent civilians.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I think they should be able to have their views, but in today's day and age, employers can easily find out if they are interviewing someone who has in the past has publicly expressed appalling views that if revealed could hurt their brand or else are just so offensive that they don't want them anywhere near their company.
Yep that's certainly true and my generation was lucky not having social media when we were dickhead teens posting stuff to shock etc...You'd hope employers can realise people grow and mature, and that the bounds of acceptability change over time etc...but I guess hiring is a risk management exercise ultimately, so you filter out anyone with a dubious posting history.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Has Hamas ever done this before? This seems very much like an ad hoc tactic to gain legitimacy after perhaps realising that their recent barbarism was simply far beyond the red lines of most of humanity.
No clue about previous instances, I just happened to be listening to MSNBC & the field reporter was discussing the 500P as the clock turned to that time.

Could very well be an ad hoc decision for just that reason.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Isreal treat civilian casualties as acceptable collateral damage, partly due to the fact that Hamas position themselves around vulnerable civilian infrastructure. It’s unfortunate, but there is a distinction between accepting civilian casualties and outright seeking them out. If Israeli soldiers started purposely gunning down women and children and claiming victory, I suspect world opinion would shift very quickly. And who knows, maybe that will be the case when they go in.
They probably do that but diplomatic ties don’t allow it to be an issue or part of the larger narrative. I’m reading that the civilian casualties on both sides are something like 6000 vs 300 over the last 15 years. I find it very hard to believe that all of these were ‘collateral’.

Hamas targeting civilians is nothing short of an act of terrorism and there’s no place for that being anything but fully condemned from all sides and acted against. But I am keen to understand fully what Israel are vs what they are viewed as, since it seems they’re far more brutal and ‘terrorist-like’ than their international image.

frostbite

They probably do that but diplomatic ties don’t allow it to be an issue or part of the larger narrative. I’m reading that the civilian casualties on both sides are something like 6000 vs 300 over the last 15 years. I find it very hard to believe that all of these were ‘collateral’.

Hamas targeting civilians is nothing short of an act of terrorism and there’s no place for that being anything but fully condemned from all sides and acted against. But I am keen to understand fully what Israel are vs what they are viewed as, since it seems they’re far more brutal and ‘terrorist-like’ than their international image.
No, they don't do that.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
She didn't celebrate anything

JeffFromHK

This number reminds of the fact that 300k to 900k Japanese civilians were killed by USA in ww2 while only less than 1700 USA civilians were killed by Japan in the same war

JeffFromHK

This is just a conflict with no resolution, both sides have their minds filled with hatred and just wish to fight until the other side ceases existence. Both sides are victims and sinners.

Laurencio

Rich western kids trying to score morality points on an issue they don't understand as the two state solution slowly bleeds to death is probably the best example of how the world has failed to educate the coming generation on the complexities of the real world.

Zen86

I’m not saying whether they do or don’t, but it’s just plain wrong to assume something like this because it fits with what you want to believe.

Trying to justify these actions with “Israel probably do the same” is quite distasteful.