Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
The ground assault seems to have started.

Internet and all communications from Gaza just got cut off, amongst an unprecedented level of bombing.
There is a post somewhere mentioning the Israeli leadership/military saying that this would happen when they decide to go in.

It's going to be a blood bath.

Last edited:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think the fact that to some, killing babies being ‘a European value’, and not just the universal value it is, explains why they have the views they do. Israel and its people are an extension of Europe, and its values. That Israel has killed Palestinians at a greater rate, than vice versa, and that 40% of Palestinians killed have been children, doesn’t have the same impact to them.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Israel commiting genocide all while the world is sitting silently. History won't look back at us nicely.
History is written by the winners. Nazi Germany were the losers. Israel will be the winners and when Palestinians will be gone as refugees in other countries or dead, they will be just a spec in history and Israel what had always had to be, the promise land for jews and a consequence of the Holocaust (is not)

owlo

This is going to get so much more fecked up. Not even sure I have the words to enunciate my position.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
History is written by the winners. Nazi Germany were the losers. Israel will be the winners and when Palestinians will be gone as refugees in other countries or dead, they will be just a spec in history and Israel what had always had to be, the promise land for jews and a consequence of the Holocaust (is not)
Harsh but probably closer to reality than not.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is going to get so much more fecked up. Not even sure I have the words to enunciate my position.
And i suspect it won't be contained just to that region. I hope I'm wrong.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
No light, no communication, no way of getting help. How many are trapped and dying as I type this?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
No, don't worry, it's no longer the middle ages. In 2065, a sociology professor at the Benny Gantz University will do a land acknowledgement regarding the sadly displaced peoples.

RedDevil@84

The ”history is written by winners” are true enough, but i feel like it changed with mobile phones and social media. The losers in earlier wars had no way to get their histories out, now they do.
And then? It juts becomes a folklore on the internet. Major media and govts will deny it, shout fake news, insert new angles to confuse people and then in few years nobody is sure what happened. Everyone picks sides based on their bias.

owlo

And i suspect it won't be contained just to that region. I hope I'm wrong.
Biden is doing a good job keeping a lid on it right now. All the agitation is coming from Iran. They need dealt with, but hopefully after this, not concurrently to it. More will likely die in that conflict than this one, but it needs done.

Other than that it's mostly civil disobedience; most nations realise that Israel don't have much more of a choice than Palestinians in this. I just wish they could find a way to lower the brutality of it all.

BootsyCollins

And then? It juts becomes a folklore on the internet. Major media and govts will deny it, shout fake news, insert new angles to confuse people and then in few years nobody is sure what happened. Everyone picks sides based on their bias.
I really hopes it will become more than just folklore on the internet. But maybe you are right.
It just feels hopeless, thousands on thousands will be burried under their own homes, and i will go insane if i think that in a few months no one will care, or even belive that it happened.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Biden is doing a good job keeping a lid on it right now. All the agitation is coming from Iran. They need dealt with, but hopefully after this, not concurrently to it. More will likely die in that conflict than this one, but it needs done.

Other than that it's mostly civil disobedience; most nations realise that Israel don't have much more of a choice than Palestinians in this. I just wish they could find a way to lower the brutality of it all.
you‘re talking about peoples lives like they‘re leaves falling down a tree in autumn

makes me vomit

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Not to forget that in 50-60 years time, who will care? cells or no cells will be history and life goes on

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The ”history is written by winners” are true enough, but i feel like it changed with mobile phones and social media. The losers in earlier wars had no way to get their histories out, now they do.
The Muslim world won't forget for sure, there's a massive disconnect between the rulers of these countries and their people's views, eventually these puppet regimes will fall and can see the issue likely starting the next world war. This could all be prevented with the US withdrawing unconditional support and Israel adhering to international law.