Television It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Nickosaur

Yeah the podcast is great. They've started to cover some of my favourite episodes in the series. I'll watch Nightman Cometh again in preparation for this!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Again, if you guys listen to/watch the podcast you will see just how close they actually are to their characters :lol:
Yeah, Rob and Glenn definitely have some of Mac and Dennis' traits. Not so much Dennis' predatory ways obviously, but Glenn definitely has a short fuse and seems easily irritable. Rob seems just as insecure as Mac does.

I don't think Charlie has much in common with his on-screen character, since in real life he seems quite intelligent, and wears clean clothes. It doesn't sound like he eats cat food or huffs paint either.

Nickosaur

Yeah, Rob and Glenn definitely have some of Mac and Dennis' traits. Not so much Dennis' predatory ways obviously, but Glenn definitely has a short fuse and seems easily irritable. Rob seems just as insecure as Mac does.

I don't think Charlie has much in common with his on-screen character, since in real life he seems quite intelligent, and wears clean clothes. It doesn't sound like he eats cat food or huffs paint either.
Definitely seems to be the most intelligent and talented of the three.

decorativeed

No new podcast today, but they've announced live dates in UK and Ireland. Sadly only two shows in London (Royal Albert Hall) and one in Dublin, in April. Shame nobody else gets a look-in but I suspect most of the people on here are well served!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Went to the Sunny podcast live show tonight. I scoffed at the price when they went on sale, but my wife got me tickets for my birthday.

It was great. Won't spoil it for when it comes out, but it was a great experience. Getting to hear Charlie Day sing live was worth the ticket price alone. Guy's crazy talented.

decorativeed

Went to the Sunny podcast live show tonight. I scoffed at the price when they went on sale, but my wife got me tickets for my birthday.

It was great. Won't spoil it for when it comes out, but it was a great experience. Getting to hear Charlie Day sing live was worth the ticket price alone. Guy's crazy talented.
Glad I decided not to get tickets in the end as it would have been the second event I wasted tickets because of getting Covid again.

Looking forward to watching it on YouTube though. I've missed having a new episode every week since they started recording the actual show again recently.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
New season started this week, two episodes. I'd read it was going to be on Disney+ in the UK the day after it airs in the US, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so you'll have to sail the seven seas.

Enjoyed episode 1 a lot more than episode 2. Both were good but the "here's a bunch of family members we've never mentioned before" angle in ep2 was a bit cheap..

parkthebuslads

Thought the first episode was ok, if a little awkward at times. Thought episode 2 was terrible, not least due to the performance/prescence of the actress playing Charlies mum, a performance I have always hated.

Hoof the ball

New season started this week, two episodes. I'd read it was going to be on Disney+ in the UK the day after it airs in the US, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so you'll have to sail the seven seas.

Enjoyed episode 1 a lot more than episode 2. Both were good but the "here's a bunch of family members we've never mentioned before" angle in ep2 was a bit cheap..
They're right there in season 1 on Charlie Got Molested.

decorativeed

Just watching the first two of this season. It's really not very good anymore, is it? They don't even seem to be in character any longer and the writing is really poor. Surely everyone involved knows this?

Pickle85

Just watching the first two of this season. It's really not very good anymore, is it? They don't even seem to be in character any longer and the writing is really poor. Surely everyone involved knows this?
Really? Got to disagree...I think they have peaks and troughs like any series but they keep it remarkably fresh. Not seen any of the new series (I'm in the UK) but have enjoyed the last few and reviews so far seem to be favorable. How do you mean they aren't in character?

Nickosaur

All subjective of course but seems like you might be in the minority, based on both fan and critic reviews.

I think the podcast has massively helped them focus on what made the show great.

Woodzy

I share the opinion that first episode was pretty good but second episode was a bit shit.

Something about the show does feel pretty flat tbh, it also looks like the cast have aged exponentially since the last season.