Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonred

Well he isn't coming anymore so don't see the point of swooning over someone who hasn't kicked a ball for us like he is a red. I know he is a decent player and would have worked for us but it's time to let it go and end the bickering between fans.

Last edited:

CM

""Probably the player that I was looking for is a player that allows me to play with three at the back and play wing backs." Jose Mourinho

You were saying fellas?
I was saying it would be a stupid idea and I maintain that stance.

stevoc

It's fairly obvious.
Who Perisic, based on what?

The idea that we were trying to sign a 28 right footed winger who has never played as a wing-back to play as a left wing-back is well a bit silly. If we were switching to 352 we have just signed a left wing-back and not bothered with wingers at all.

And of course the whole discussion about us switching to 352 was nonsense anyway seeing as Mourinho clearly stated in one of his first press conferences on the US tour that 352 wouldn't never be his system but he would use it on occasion.

CM

It makes me feel better to know I was absolutely right that Mourinho was planning to sign him as a LWB. And you were wrong.
So I'm wrong because Mourinho might (he doesn't even specify Perisic) believe he's a good option for that position? Who's rattled your cage? :lol:

goin4glory

Who Perisic, based on what?

The idea that we were trying to sign a 28 right footed winger who has never played as a wing-back to play as a left wing-back is well a bit silly. If we were switching to 352 we have just signed a left wing-back and not bothered with wingers at all.

And of course the whole discussion about us switching to 352 was nonsense anyway seeing as Mourinho clearly stated in one of his first press conferences on the US tour that 352 wouldn't never be his system but he would use it on occasion.
He's left footed and plays on the left for both Inter and Croatia. You don't know if he's never played as a wing back since you've prob never watched more than 2 games he's ever been in.

I never said it would be the preferred system and just because he would give us the option to play in a 3-5-2 doesn't mean he couldn't also be useful in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Mourinho's comments are clear. He wanted Perisic as a wingback so he could change to 3-5-2 if needed. It's almost certain that Ibra will rejoin us and possible we get Griezmann in January too, it makes perfect sense to use a 3-5-2 system when you have so many goal scoring threats who operate centrally.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's left footed and plays on the left for both Inter and Croatia. You don't know if he's never played as a wing back since you've prob never watched more than 2 games he's ever been in.

I never said it would be the preferred system and just because he would give us the option to play in a 3-5-2 doesn't mean he couldn't also be useful in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Mourinho's comments are clear. He wanted Perisic as a wingback so he could change to 3-5-2 if needed. It's almost certain that Ibra will rejoin us and possible we get Griezmann in January too, it makes perfect sense to use a 3-5-2 system when you have so many goal scoring threats who operate centrally.
He is right footed, just incredibly two footed. There is almost no difference really, even more than Neymar, Cazorla and possibly Dembele.

Dante

Average bang
EPL is much better than Serie A but looking at the UEFA country ranking

Italy and England are very close.
That's almost entirely down to Juve's success in the CL. It reflects well on them as a team more so than Serie A as a league. France are quite close as well, if you only consider the last three seasons. Give it a bit longer, and PSG will single-handedly drag up Ligue 1 in the same way.

stevoc

He's two footed but every time i've watched him play he's seemed to favour his right for shooting and i'm not going to say i have watched him hundreds of times but i have never seen him play as a wing-back and in following this thread i've never seen anyone else claim he's ever played much as a wing-back.

They aren't really mate he could be talking about anyone. We don't even need Perisic or any other new signing to play 352, we have Young, Shaw and Blind who are all more than capable of playing as a LWB for the few games that we will use the formation this season. Between that and Mourinho saying we already have 'pure wingers' has me suspecting he was just spouting shit in general the other day.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Napoli, Roma did too.
Napoli and Roma were unlucky to find Real Madrid in the last two UCL.
Then, Napoli reached a good UEL semifinal in 2015 but AS Roma last year was awful, eliminated by Porto and Lyon..
Anyway we're OT.

To stay IT, this is the article of tomorrow's edition (21 August) of Gazzetta dello Sport:
And
1. Perisic is set to extend his contract (€ 5,5 mln a-year)
2. United actually tried to sign Perisic only in June, then they progressively walked away.
(Sorry if my English is not fantastic)

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

goin4glory

He is right footed, just incredibly two footed. There is almost no difference really, even more than Neymar, Cazorla and possibly Dembele.
He's clearly left footed but can use his right. It takes 5 minutes of watching him to see this and debating otherwise is just ridiculous. Neymar and Cazorla are both decent with their bad foot but they're still primarily right footed players.

He might well be but that still doesn't make me wrong.
An opinion on something that's subjective can rarely be factually wrong but still be horrendous. So you've got that.

He's two footed but every time i've watched him play he's seemed to favour his right for shooting and i'm not going to say i have watched him hundreds of times but i have never seen him play as a wing-back and in following this thread i've never seen anyone else claim he's ever played much as a wing-back.

They aren't really mate he could be talking about anyone. We don't even need Perisic or any other new signing to play 352, we have Young, Shaw and Blind who are all more than capable of playing as a LWB for the few games that we will use the formation this season. Between that and Mourinho saying we already have 'pure wingers' has me suspecting he was just spouting shit in general the other day.
It really wasn't difficult to connect the dots earlier in the window on Mourinho using him as a wing back, hence why I suggested it in the first place. He said numerous times we'd been training in a 3-5-2 system and played in it a few times in pre season as well. He also said he wanted to sign players which gave us different tactical options so that along with the consistent and reliable rumours of us being in for Perisic made it fairly obvious it would be as a LWB.

When you also add in the likelihood we resign Ibra (which Mourinho obviously has 1st hand knowledge on) and possibly Griezmann it also makes sense. Griezmann plays mostly as a 2nd striker anyway and a 3-5-2 would allow him to use both Lukaku/Ibra at the same time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's clearly left footed but can use his right. It takes 5 minutes of watching him to see this and debating otherwise is just ridiculous. Neymar and Cazorla are both decent with their bad foot but they're still primarily right footed players.
Perisic is right footed player who can use his left extremely well.

Also in general (not replying to you) Some Bayern fan said his weaker foot isn't that strong and some United fans latched on to that to use it against Perisic saying "he isn't even that 2 footed player". He is as good as they come.

SwSw

What does Perisic needs to do to get rated? I keep seeing people coming out with different reasons not to get him. First it was, it will eat into Martial's playing time. Then, it was because he isn't productive enough. Now that one of our CAF members posted that he is directly involved in 6 of Inter's last 11 matches, they say the Seria A is rubbish.

I strongly believe Perisic would bring additional balance to our team. Wouldn't it be much more beneficial for Mata/Mkhi + Perisic than Mata + Mkhi? Since both of them keep running into each other, congesting the center and always wants the ball to their feet. No one bar Lukaku in our team is really making lots of off the ball runs. We need that. Not another flashy but demands the ball to their feet players.

ti vu

What does Perisic needs to do to get rated? I keep seeing people coming out with different reasons not to get him. First it was, it will eat into Martial's playing time. Then, it was because he isn't productive enough. Now that one of our CAF members posted that he is directly involved in 6 of Inter's last 11 matches, they say the Seria A is rubbish.

I strongly believe Perisic would bring additional balance to our team. Wouldn't it be much more beneficial for Mata/Mkhi + Perisic than Mata + Mkhi? Since both of them keep running into each other, congesting the center and always wants the ball to their feet. No one bar Lukaku in our team is really making lots of off the ball runs. We need that. Not another flashy but demands the ball to their feet players.
Answer: unless he gets signed and performs; people would be in denial forever. In case a Perisic indeed stays at Inter, then no amount of evidence of him at Inter would cut through people's personal perspective. The best both sides can do is agreeing to disagree and move on.

AndyJ1985

We should be aiming a bit higher than a journeyman winger who never stood out in any league he was in.
Like we should have been aiming higher than a Chelsea reject, and a big lumbering donkey of a striker from Everton. Should have bought the amazing Fabinho instead of Matic. Should have bought Aubameyang instead of Lukaku. That's all we heard for weeks. Same shit with Perisic. Armchair experts on here know nothing about building a functional team.

Red_toad

Which comments are those? Don't recall him mentioning him by name. I do recall him saying he was seeking a wingback, but never mentioning whom he was referring to.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Think he was never first choice and for the money they are asking clearly we are not willing to make a deal. I dont think he signs a deal before transfer window shuts in the hope we sign him. He will sign a new deal if we dont after the window shuts. On our part, i think we know the price they will let him go for and unless another target we are chasing or a better option does not say yes we may go back for him in the final 3-4 days.

iportman

Serie A is a mediocre league in fairness.
just to remind you that "mediocre league " had a team in the champions league final , when was the last time a premier league team was . The premier league is overrated and over hyped which becomes very evident anytime an English team plays any of Europe's big clubs.

acnumber9

just to remind you that "mediocre league " had a team in the champions league final , when was the last time a premier league team was . The premier league is overrated and over hyped which becomes very evident anytime an English team plays any of Europe's big clubs.
That team has won that league 6 times in a row. I don't think think citing Juventus helps prove the point the league isn't sub par.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shame, he could have been really good on our right wing. I think we should just say sod it and spend the 50 odd million, nobody will remember the fee next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.