Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Not so much closer to goal but with the freedom to not have to worry about defensive duties all of the time, some on here seem to think if you pair him with a DM it'll be freedom city for him but it wont, in a 2 man midfield your defensive responsibilities are inherent. My problem with Perisic or any player of his type in a front 3 is he doesn't score nearly enough, if you commit to a front 3 I think all 3 need to be more about goals than width, and with Griezmann I'd play him off the RW like we do with Mata who spends most of his time central. Truth is Pogba and Griezmann in the same team has always been an awkward fit, we see it for France where Pogba is half the player, although part of that is he's paired with Matuidi who chases everything like a dog and leaves Pogba as the deeper CM most of the time.
Maybe Jose has something else in mind. In a midfield 2 he will have defensive responsibilities, yes, but not as much as a DM but I get where you're coming from. As for goals I expect us to sign a new striker and if Perisic wll chip on with about 10 goals or so that's enough.

Arthur Friedenreich

I for one am excited that he's coming if he's coming.
I was against this sign and i"ve posted it in another thread too, but after some researches i changed my mind and i think he will be great.

I probably saw 5 Internazionale games this season and i got the idea that he was a player like Willian, who i dont rate very high tbh.

I was following Inter because the b@stards are destroying the carrer of a young Brazilian named Gabriel Barbosa, who is a SS and they barely play him, and when they do, they use him as some kind of 10, very deep, then, maybe i was not paying enough attention on Perisic.

But, if you read the Inter foruns, the reactions during the season game by game, the conclusion is that Perisic was a great player in a very bad team, during a s#it season; and this is an important detaile.

Sometimes the level of a team will obscure our opinion about the level of specific players, like, lets say, Liverpool-Coutinho.

Lentwood

Funny how the people knocking Perisic are probably the same people who still rate Juan Mata

We have a knack for really over-rating the ability of our own players and an arrogance that says somebody who "only" plays for Inter is unlikely to be good enough

I would like to see where Mata pops up when we eventually ship him out because the only place I ever see him linked with is Turkey. Genuinely don't know who would take him in the big 4 leagues

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Funny how the people knocking Perisic are probably the same people who still rate Juan Mata

We have a knack for really over-rating the ability of our own players and an arrogance that says somebody who "only" plays for Inter is unlikely to be good enough

I would like to see where Mata pops up when we eventually ship him out because the only place I ever see him linked with is Turkey. Genuinely don't know who would take him in the big 4 leagues
What a train wreck of a post.

Lentwood

What a train wreck of a post.
My point - lots of posters jumping on the bandwagon who assume because Perisic is 28 and plays for Inter must be no good. Yet the competition at Utd is Juan Mata, a teenager and a 21yo who we all seem to rave about.

What is your point? It is unclear?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My point - lots of posters jumping on the bandwagon who assume because Perisic is 28 and plays for Inter must be no good. Yet the competition at Utd is Juan Mata, a teenager and a 21yo who we all seem to rave about.

What is your point? It is unclear?
First you assume that you know what people think about Mata and then you go on and talk about Mata not being a big 4 league player.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Because they ain't been good enough. Mkhitaryan despite scoring the goal on Wednesday was diabolical. He's been poor for the last 3 months of the season. Oh and he agreed about Jose benching him, so not sure why you arguing that.

Martial has been given lot of chances and has also been poor for club and country. So do tell me what Jose should do besides bench him when he's playing poorly? I'm all ears too.

It's between you and harms for my next poster of the year. Everything you say (throughout the forum) has been decidedly on point.

Dr. StrangeHate

Perisic with 11 goals 8 assists in the league - redcafe goes HIS END PRODUCT SUCKS OMG HE IS SUCH A SHIT PLAYER I DONT WANT HIM WAAA WAAA WAAAAA

Takes a look at Man Utd squad's stats in PL - Ibra with 17 goals 5 assists, Mata 6 and 3, Martial 4 and 6, Rooney 5 and 5, Rashford 5 and 1, Pogba 5 and 4....

Yeah sure, he won't improve the side at all. :houllier:
Just because he is better than what we currently have, doesn't mean he is the best option out there.
He basically is a boring mourinho player which is fine because that is what mourinho's sides are and we knew that when we got him in. It's just not my cup of tea.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

It's not like Mata was excellent at Chelsea and Valencia before, is it?

gulli_G

Maybe he is competition for Shaw as a WB, he doesn't have to be the best, but just good enough for Shaw to compete, if Shaw does not improve next year, he will be gone and Jose will get a proper LB.

Alternatively he is a backup winger, for Bale (heres hoping) and competition for Martial.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I hope he doesn't sign him now. You just know the resident feckwits will be on his back each and every game telling us how he's shit every game regardless of his actual performances. Fellaini all over again.

Moonred

Kind of makes sense to get a player of his age. Will do a great job for a few years and at the same time will let Martial etc grow. Good player with a wide range of skillset. Anyone who thinks he is just a hardworking player has me wondering if I have been seeing a different player. Could be a difference maker in a typical mourinho side.

evil_geko

So these days we are satisfied with "better than what we have" and smaller improvements than looking for the best...*sigh*.

VanGaalyTime

So these days we are satisfied with "better than what we have" and smaller improvements than looking for the best...*sigh*.
Still remember when we signed Owen on a free and Valencia from Wigan after we sold the best ever player. Buying Perisic would be akin to that.

Nick7

Maybe he is competition for Shaw as a WB, he doesn't have to be the best, but just good enough for Shaw to compete, if Shaw does not improve next year, he will be gone and Jose will get a proper LB.

Alternatively he is a backup winger, for Bale (heres hoping) and competition for Martial.
He's never played in defence, why would we play him there?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No just that few are happy with the signing and how he brings balance to the team rather than 3-4 players occupying the same positions.

Frank Grimes

I was against this sign and i"ve posted it in another thread too, but after some researches i changed my mind and i think he will be great.

I probably saw 5 Internazionale games this season and i got the idea that he was a player like Willian, who i dont rate very high tbh.

I was following Inter because the b@stards are destroying the carrer of a young Brazilian named Gabriel Barbosa, who is a SS and they barely play him, and when they do, they use him as some kind of 10, very deep, then, maybe i was not paying enough attention on Perisic.

But, if you read the Inter foruns, the reactions during the season game by game, the conclusion is that Perisic was a great player in a very bad team, during a s#it season; and this is an important detaile.

Sometimes the level of a team will obscure our opinion about the level of specific players, like, lets say, Liverpool-Coutinho.
Coincidentally Coutinho was sold by Inter but for peanuts. The main issue with Perisic for me is the price, 35m sterling max should we pay, anything beyond that is a bad deal.

Ole90+3

Really surprised at the negative reaction in here at the prospect of us signing Perisic.

He's a wide player who can actually cross the ball, something we have been lacking for years, basically since Valencia forgot to cross 4 years ago. He also has an eye for goal, regularly getting himself in good positions and tends to be pretty clinical with his finishing for both club and country.

The price quoted in the media is too high, and I don't think that is close to what Inter are actually looking. It will most likely be closer to €35m I reckon, considering the player's age and status. I for one would happily receive the Perisic at United and am pretty excited at the though of him playing for us next season.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I guess no one will be trying longballs against us if we have the likes of Perisic and Pogba in midfield

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
People need to calm down. Loads of reports coming in from this thread. Just stay away from the insults etc.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Going out and buying the best individuals hasn't always worked though has it?

Jose knows how to build a title winning squad and if Perisic is one of the players he wants then I trust him.

RedPnutz

Looking at Perisic as an individual player is underwhelming.

Where I think his value is may be creating synergy with our existing set up.

He seems to have good defensive stats for a winger, as we have seen Mourinho likes that in a winger. In a pinch, I reckon he could play wing back and even left back and become like our Valencia on the left. That's some tactical flexibility.

He looks like a player that can both cut in and stay wide. This adds a different dimension to our left wing especially when Martial, Rashford and Young are predictable because the cut in to their strong foot most of the time. With Perisic, we gain an additional dimension to our wing play:

Also, he looks like a player that puts in a shift, has above average technical, good dribbling at pace and is strong. May not be outstanding in any one area but overall a good combination of traits.

He isn't a flair player that most fans like. But I think he will be effective. Honestly effectiveness is what we need. We created many chances this year but were pretty impotent at finishing them.

I imagine it would be like having two Valencias on the wings, except Perisic is two-footed.

His age also means that we can concurrently develop some youngsters.

Would welcome his addition to the overall scheme of things.

Dumbat12

City get players like Bernardo Silva while we'll most likely end with players like fecking Perisic... Just great.

Ole90+3

If Mourinho is committing to buying a player this early in the transfer window, it most likely means the player is the manager's first choice for that position. If Perisic is Mourinho's first choice for a position we are lacking quality and consistency in, what are the fans worried about? If the rumours are to be believed, Mourinho obviously thinks the player is good enough to drastically improve us, what's the problem?

AR87

One thing I like about him after having spent a bunch of time trying to watch as much footage of him as I can is that he's a player that can single handedly carry the ball and transition the team from defense into attacking in the opposition 3rd. For all of Martial's skill, close control and skill he doesn't do this nearly enough. Mkhi also struggled to do this on the left and only provided that thrust on the middle and on the right.

Having a player capable of doing this on the left, putting Mkhi on the right with Pogba, and hopeully Griezmann, also able to do the same through the middle would significantly improve our threat on the counter attack. I'm not claiming to be an expert and his pass completion is concerning, but the overall package with his pace, size, workrate and dribbling skills would address a hole in the squad and I think would provide the benefit of putting our flair players in their positions and improve our end product overall.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I hope he doesn't sign him now. You just know the resident feckwits will be on his back each and every game telling us how he's shit every game regardless of his actual performances. Fellaini all over again.
Except that Fellaini has essentially proved over the course of his United career that he isn't up to the required level. Therefore if Perisic turns out to be of a similar ilk it will be deeply disappointing and by extension people will be entirely justified if and when they do criticise his performances.

dasty

Really surprised at the negative reaction in here at the prospect of us signing Perisic.

He's a wide player who can actually cross the ball, something we have been lacking for years, basically since Valencia forgot to cross 4 years ago. He also has an eye for goal, regularly getting himself in good positions and tends to be pretty clinical with his finishing for both club and country.

The price quoted in the media is too high, and I don't think that is close to what Inter are actually looking. It will most likely be closer to €35m I reckon, considering the player's age and status. I for one would happily receive the Perisic at United and am pretty excited at the though of him playing for us next season.
Well most people posting here doesn't have a clue about anything outside PL anyway so they probably don't even know how Perisic plays. He is way better than some posts here suggest and is a definite upgrade for our team.

These idiots probably expect us to sign Bale, Griezmann, Aubameyang, Thiago, Kroos, Alli, Isco all in this window.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well most people posting here doesn't have a clue about anything outside PL anyway so they probably don't even know how Perisic plays. He is way better than some posts here suggest and is a definite upgrade for our team.

These idiots probably expect us to sign Bale, Griezmann, Aubameyang, Thiago, Kroos, Alli, Isco all in this window.
Come on mate:

People need to calm down. Loads of reports coming in from this thread. Just stay away from the insults etc.

mu4c_20le

City get players like Bernardo Silva while we'll most likely end with players like fecking Perisic... Just great.
I'm a little disappointed that we might be getting this guy for the same price , considering Silva is younger and arguably more talented. But it seems to me that Jose is looking for more of a hard worker type, more of a Willian and Pedro than a Hazard.

SouthPredators4

I don't mind this signing but his worth shouldn't be more than 30mil euros. He would be a very good addition to the squad and seems to contribute both defensively and offensively. I mean if Lingard can impress JM, Perisic is a obvious upgrade in every skill department.

Status
Not open for further replies.