Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not sure you grasp attention seeking?

Jose walks off down the tunnel out of sight. Klopp parades himself around the stadium like a madman.
"Same again today pumping his fists like a madman at the end. You'd think they'd won a trophy"

Where did you mention attention-seeking in the post I quoted? Not that Jose's immune from that, of course.

Fact is, Jose was just as 'guilty' of what you found cringeworthy in Klopp - but at least Klopp had the excuse of winning a derby that moved us up to 3rd, not against Middlesborough that moved you up to 5th!

Not that I mind a bit of fist-pumping anyway.

TheReligion

Abusive
"Same again today pumping his fists like a madman at the end. You'd think they'd won a trophy"

Where did you mention attention-seeking in the post I quoted? Not that Jose's immune from that, of course.

Fact is, Jose was just as 'guilty' of what you found cringeworthy in Klopp - but at least Klopp had the excuse of winning a derby that moved us up to 3rd, not against Middlesborough that moved you up to 5th!

Not that I mind a bit of fist-pumping anyway.
Jose also turned up to his first presser in a Stone Roses T-shirt..

Klopp is all about the image he wants to project. Occasionally the mask slips though as we've seen many times this season.

That's 'his thing'. Accept it.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
Jose also turned up to his first presser in a Stone Roses T-shirt..

Klopp is all about the image he wants to project. Occasionally the mask slips though as we've seen many times this season.

That's 'his thing'. Accept it.
I hear his favourite song's I Wanna Be Adored.

Kinell, it's one thing having a pop at Klopp for his behaviour, but to do so whilst defending Jose from the same charge (I actually believe Jose's is far worse) is laughable! Get some perspective.

TheReligion

Abusive
I hear his favourite song's I Wanna Be Adored.

Kinell, it's one thing having a pop at Klopp for his behaviour, but to do so whilst defending Jose from the same charge (I actually believe Jose's is far worse) is laughable! Get some perspective.
This is the Klopp thread though?

JM is a pain in the arse at times and he's been punished by the FA. He is what he is.

Klopp though is fake.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
This is the Klopp thread though?

JM is a pain in the arse at times and he's been punished by the FA. He is what he is.

Klopp though is fake.
Jose still likes to put on a persona, and portray himself in a certain way (as most people do, in fact). it's just that he's too emotionally stunted to pull it off for any length of time.

As for 'this is the Klopp thread' - well, the Jose threads are invariably in the Utd forum, where I've seen you say that oppo fans shouldn't be posting. It's pretty clear that you brook no views contrary to those you express here (whether you believe them is another matter), but as long as this place is open to oppo fans (and Utd fans with some objectivity) you need to learn to accept people throwing your nonsense back in your face from time to time - whatever thread it is.

TheReligion

Abusive
Jose still likes to put on a persona, and portray himself in a certain way. it's just that he's too emotionally stunted to pull it off for any length of time.

As for 'this is the Klopp thread' - well, the Jose threads are invariably in the Utd forum, where I've seen you say that oppo fans shouldn't be posting. It's pretty clear that you brook no views contrary to those you express here (whether you believe them is another matter), but as long as this place is open to oppo fans (and Utd fans with some objectivity) you need to learn to accept people throwing your nonsense back in your face from time to time - whatever thread it is.
I think you need to accept that this is a United Forum and you're a guest here.

Sadly United fans will have different opinions to your own and point out things about your club you dislike and don't agree with. This is the Klopp thread discussing him.

My opinion, shared by many United and non United fans, is the man is fake. I find his antics cringeworthy and I would much sooner people are themselves. You don't like that but that's my opinion which I'm a entitled to air in the relevant thread.

If you want to go off topic about Mourinho crack on but it's not relevant to mine, or anyone elses, opinions on Klopp sadly.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
I think you need to accept that this is a United Forum and you're a guest here.

Sadly United fans will have different opinions to your own and point out things about your club you dislike and don't agree with. This is the Klopp thread discussing him.

My opinion, shared by many United and non United fans, is the man is fake. I find his antics cringeworthy and I would much sooner people are themselves. You don't like that but that's my opinion which I'm a entitled to air in the relevant thread.

If you want to go off topic about Mourinho crack on but it's not relevant to mine, or anyone elses, opinions on Klopp sadly.
Erm, we're all guests here, unless I'm mistaken and you own a share of the site.

Unlike you, I really couldn't care what an oppo fan (or even most Liverpool fans) thinks of my clubs manager, I've never pretended he's flawless, it's just the risible double-standards that got me responding. I've said what I wanted to, now I'll leave you to let everyone know what a great and loyal Red you are.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Did anyone notice the chest and badge pounding with the screams vs Everton?

He sure knows how to play up to the scouse, I'll give him that much. He'll soon reach the levels of worship that Pope Rafa of the Benitez had.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
One can only congratulate them on their amazing improvement of lately. They are perhaps the most exciting and promising teams in England right now, and not even us united fans can take that away from them.

Really smart to pick up the most pragmatic manager in the world and allow him time to operate. They are in a really good position to win the league within 5 years. I'm scared to death what this summer will bring them in terms of talents. They've got totally different tools and markets compared to us.

I would love to see a comparison of our clubs were current squad value vs obtaining price are the factors. One word: Value.

It really hurts an old united heart to see all their success and promising prospects for the future. Good on them for not selling out to big money Chinese.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
If by totally different tools and markets you mean less money, a transfer committee on crack and less pull, then yes, you are correct.
They have the german market + a wide knowledge of it. Then they are playing CL football...

It's obvious they can pick better no name players than us. We had an edge while LVG was in charge. Now I just don't know.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
If by totally different tools and markets you mean less money, a transfer committee on crack and less pull, then yes, you are correct.
We do have less money (as does every other club in the PL) and a shite transfer committee, and less pull (because of the money) than you, and yet, and yet, here you are, with the most expensive squad in the world, the bestest manager around, all that pull factor, sitting outside the CL places, behind all those poorer clubs, including us, and playing some truly poor, Pulis-type football for the most part. 'Jose's got us playing the way United should'...really?

Last edited:

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
The body language experts and psychologists are apparently very well informed as to the authenticity of Klopp's persona and conduct.

If it all an act:

1) Surely its singular purpose is to maximise his side's chances through affecting the officials and providing a strong presence for his team; rather than it being an excessive exercise in attention seeking.

2) So what? Is it as "cringe" inducing as is being made out?

Alternatively, it's possibly not an act in as far as his conduct is simply an extension of his personality - which is possibly exaggerated in high-tension moments.

TheReligion

Abusive
We do have less money (as does every other club in the PL) and a shite transfer committee, and less pull (because of the money) than you, and yet, and yet, here you are, with the most expensive squad in the world, the bestest manager around, all that pull factor, sitting outside the CL places, behind all those poorer clubs, including us, and playing some truly poor, Pulis-type football for the most part. 'Jose's got us playing the way United should'...really?
But winning more trophies..

Funny eh?

TheReligion

Abusive

He sure knows how to play up to the scouse, I'll give him that much. He'll soon reach the levels of worship that Pope Rafa of the Benitez had.

They lap it up like little puppy dogs don't they.

Bless em.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Its quite amusing how quickly the narrative has shifted, the only thing thats changed is he manages us now and not dortmund. If you genuinely think its an act then fair play to him he deserves an oscar. He's like any other top manager, they all say petty shit. Klopps well aware of the Evt/Utd rivalry and no doubt he plays that aspect up. But to think he does so for the entire 90 week in week out in the same fashion since hes been at Mainz is incredulous and just smacks of petty fault finding. Theres plenty of things to mock us for i.e. the tshirts transfers etc.

Its just a sad indictment of the world today, shallow ever changing flimsy views.

Peanut Butter

Its quite amusing how quickly the narrative has shifted, the only thing thats changed is he manages us now and not dortmund. If you genuinely think its an act then fair play to him he deserves an oscar. He's like any other top manager, they all say petty shit. Klopps well aware of the Evt/Utd rivalry and no doubt he plays that aspect up. But to think he does so for the entire 90 week in week out in the same fashion since hes been at Mainz is incredulous and just smacks of petty fault finding. Theres plenty of things to mock us for i.e. the tshirts transfers etc.

Its just a sad indictment of the world today, shallow ever changing flimsy views.
You're on a Manchester Utd supporter's forum. Don't expect us all to be praising the toothy tw*t.

We as footy fans are tribalistic. It will always be this way. If you want threads praising Klopp, RAWK is that way --->

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Who cares what anyone thinks of Klopp. We love him.The media loves him.
Deep down the majority of mancs would love to have him. With the talent united have and his brand of rampaging football,united would be contending right now and the mancs would be loving his antics.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I'd be interested to get a genuine poll result of United fans of who they'd prefer as their boss: Klopp or Jose?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
You're on a Manchester Utd supporter's forum. Don't expect us all to be praising the toothy tw*t.

We as footy fans are tribalistic. It will always be this way. If you want threads praising Klopp, RAWK is that way --->
Im pointing out that theres better things to insult. And no thanks,much prefer the best football forum on the internet bar none. Rawk is a looney bin.

TheReligion

Abusive
Who cares what anyone thinks of Klopp. We love him.The media loves him.
Deep down the majority of mancs would love to have him. With the talent united have and his brand of rampaging football,united would be contending right now and the mancs would be loving his antics.
You all care.

That's why you come on a United forum to defend him vigorously like a gaggle of schoolgirls.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
I'd be interested to get a genuine poll result of United fans of who they'd prefer as their boss: Klopp or Jose?
Well... if it's on a United forum. Jose would win.

If you ask on a Liverpool forum Klopp would win.

You'd have to ask on numerous neutral forums to get a proper estimate

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Two months without a win except for Plymouth, total radio silence.

A win against their favourite whipping boys, scousers return in force with their bestest manager in whole wide woyjld narrative.

Zoo

Klopp wouldn't suit United as he likes to play the role of plucky underdog.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Klopp

Borussia Dortmund

Bundesliga: 2010–11, 2011–12
DFB-Pokal: 2011–12
DFL-Supercup: 2013, 2014

Mourinho
Porto

Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
UEFA Cup: 2002–03
UEFA Champions League: 2003–04

Chelsea
Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
FA Cup: 2006–07
Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15
FA Community Shield: 2005

Inter
Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10
Coppa Italia: 2009–10
Supercoppa Italiana: 2008
UEFA Champions League: 2009–10

Real Madrid
La Liga: 2011–12
Copa del Rey: 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2012

Manchester United
EFL Cup: 2016–17
FA Community Shield: 2016

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool

We both know Jose isn't adverse to a bit of chest and badge-thumping (or wearing famous Manc band the Stone Roses t-shirts to Man United press conferences) in order to get the fans onside, although he probably means it in a way that Klopp the big fraud doesn't. TheReligion would know, what with his insight into the personalities of people he's never met and all.

But winning more trophies..

Funny eh?
Yeah, an FA Cup and a League Cup (formerly known as the Mickey Mouse Cup by Utd fans) in four years. Good to see all that money and pull is paying off. If you repeat that level of success in the next four years I'll be as happy as you are, believe me.

Ha! Before they ended up where they are now, I think we both know how that would've went. Now though, with Jose's Invincibles running away with the title, and all that scintillating football (and Klopp finally being rumbled as a big old attention-seeker) I think they might just give it to the Portugese ray of sunshine.

Unless there was a secret ballot.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp wouldn't suit United as he likes to play the role of plucky underdog.
Heard it all now! Considering Jose's managed some of the most monied and established clubs in the world, it's amazing how often he plays up the 'us against the FA/refs/media/ballboys/anyone' line to get his squad believing they're hard done by and suffering some enormous injustice. It's a testament to how massively thick most footballers are that they fall for his bollocks. At least for a season or two anyway.

No

imagine the position you would be in with Klopp. Imagine being excited to watch matches with his style. It would be the greatest show on earth. No Rooney, the best players, craziness on and off the pitch.
But you have jose
Yeah, but Jose wears Stone Roses shirts and runs down the tunnel when he's punching the air after beating some relegation-threatened side instead of staying on the sidelines to shake hands with the opposition manager, like that fake Klopp with his smile and his hair. Urgh. These are the important things now. Get with the program.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
We both know Jose isn't adverse to a bit of chest and badge-thumping (or wearing famous Manc band the Stone Roses t-shirts to Man United press conferences) in order to get the fans onside, although he probably means it in a way that Klopp the big fraud doesn't. TheReligion would know, what with his insight into the personalities of people he's never met and all.

Yeah, an FA Cup and a League Cup (formerly known as the Mickey Mouse Cup by Utd fans) in four years. Good to see all that money and pull is paying off. If you repeat that level of success in the next four years I'll be as happy as you are, believe me.

Ha! Before they ended up where they are now, I think we both know how that would've went. Now though, with Jose's Invincibles running away with the title, and all that scintillating football (and Klopp finally being rumbled as a big old attention-seeker) I think they might just give it to the Portugese ray of sunshine.

Unless there was a secret ballot.
And what have Liverpool won?

Remind me..

TheReligion

Abusive
So United would prefer Klopp to Jose based on what?

The amount of success Klopp is having at Liverpool? Ok. We can discount that as he's won nothing in two seasons.

The way he conducts himself? Ok. We can discount that given most United fans find him a fraud.

His magic in the transfer market?. Ok we can discount that. Step forward Mr Klavan and the clown goalkeeping circus.

His ability to win cup finals?...

I rest my case.