Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I really like Klopp and the impact he's made to Mainz and Dortmund. This season hasn't been amazing for Liverpool but if he gets Top 4 with the squad he has, then that's a pretty good achievement...will have definitely over achieved with the squad at his disposal.

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Everton (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Stoke (A)
WBA (A)
Palace (H)
Watford (A)
Southampton (H)
West Ham (A)
Boro (H)

9 winnable games. They will have the top 4 all wrapped up by the end of the month.
I bet they drop at least 12 points from those games, WBA/Southampton/WH will be tough.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I wish City laid down so pathetically every time we played a derby game.

Instead we have to have our formerly hilarious neighbours owned by super rich people who buy them expensive players.

Liverpool are very lucky this hasn't happened to Everton yet.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I really like Klopp and the impact he's made to Mainz and Dortmund. This season has been amazing for Liverpool but if he gets Top 4 with the squad he has, then that's a pretty good achievement...will have definitely over achieved with the squad at his disposal.
Has it? They went 2 months without a win at one point. If that's "amazing" I'd love to see them having a bad season.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
For the amount of average players he has he's doing a good job to have them in top 4 so far.

I dont think he will be able to do the same next season unless some serious investment comes in and they bring in better players

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Everton (H) - Vital Win
Bournemouth (H) - involved in relegation fight
Stoke (A) - safe in mid table
WBA (A) - safe in mid table
Palace (H) - relegation fight
Watford (A) - safe in mid table
Southampton (H) - safe in mid table
West Ham (A) - might be safe by then
Boro (H) - might be relegated by then

9 winnable games. They will have the top 4 all wrapped up by the end of the month.
Bournemouth, Palace will put up a serious fight but they're both at Anfield. West Ham could be troublesome if they're still fighting for survival.

Ban

Bournemouth, Palace will put up a serious fight but they're both at Anfield. West Ham could be troublesome if they're still fighting for survival.
Hammers are absolutely terrible against strong teams so you'll beat them easily imo.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm 34 and I genuinely don't think I can ever remember Everton beating Liverpool. They are shocking in this derby.

Still, they'll fancy taking a few points off us this week.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
For the amount of average players he has he's doing a good job to have them in top 4 so far.

I dont think he will be able to do the same next season unless some serious investment comes in and they bring in better players
Two things.

1. The average player argument is over stated. Liverpool have some of the league's best attacking players, who regularly prove to be match winners.

2. Next season isn't relevant in terms of the current make up of the squad. Klopp built this squad to serve a domestic campaign, which is fair enough. No Europe so relatively small numbers. Klopp will build again in the summer, good money has been promised.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Two things.

1. The average player argument is over stated. Liverpool have some of the league's best attacking players, who regularly prove to be match winners.

2. Next season isn't relevant in terms of the current make up of the squad. Klopp built this squad to serve a domestic campaign, which is fair enough. No Europe so relatively small numbers. Klopp will build again in the summer, good money has been promised.
What happened with last Summer's transfer budget? Was there one that Klopp decided to save or was he told he had to trade out players to earn any funds? I find it strange that you made a profit on transfers but the manager was claiming he was happy.

If you have money saved along with this Summer's transfer budget+ Champions League+Klopp I could see a serious push to build a squad to challenge for more than top 4. Your wage budget won't allow you to sign top tier players obviously but I'm sure there's value at some smaller clubs in England, Bundesliga etc

Peanut Butter

Two things.

So next year is your year?

TheReligion

Abusive
Klopp is so cringeworthy isn't he?

Same again today pumping his fists like a madman at the end. You'd think they'd won a trophy.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What happened with last Summer's transfer budget? Was there one that Klopp decided to save or was he told he had to trade out players to earn any funds? I find it strange that you made a profit on transfers but the manager was claiming he was happy.

If you have money saved along with this Summer's transfer budget+ Champions League+Klopp I could see a serious push to build a squad to challenge for more than top 4. Your wage budget won't allow you to sign top tier players obviously but I'm sure there's value at some smaller clubs in England, Bundesliga etc
Klopp didn't get everything he wanted last summer - Dembele and Dahood - but the profit was to do with the great sales Liverpool did. For example £15m for Ibe.

However, he was happy with who he bought and didn't chase less fancied players.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is so cringeworthy isn't he?

Same again today pumping his fists like a madman at the end. You'd think they'd won a trophy.
I just can't stop cringing. Can't stop. Wish he was more moody, unsmiling and really prickly in interviews. That'd be better.

montpelier

CONSIDERED TACTICAL INSIGHT

I think I finally understand Jurgen's tactics now.

I reckon it's basically 5 defend (the back 4 & a DM) and 5 attack (the front 3 & 2 from MF). This then gets tweaked when they have the ball to 3 dedicated to hold the defence together, (his central block of the DM & the 2 x CB). The FBs now get forward so 7 are 'pressing'. And that's it really.

Once they are in front or later in the game they can go to a more conservative 4-5-1, only press for the ball in their own half & play on the break if they want to or are tiring - which they do in the 2nd half of games.

Not any more than that, but when everyone is fit & playing well, it's very fluid, & Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana have enough invention, pace & movement to be an ongoing goal threat - they score at a good rate.

Fortunately they concede at a good rate too & to anybody, even to poor teams because the back 5 aren't as good as the front 5 and can be exposed by anybody at any time it would seem, regardless of the balance of play. Success can be gotten from leaving 2 up & being prepared to play a bit of the old hoofball towards the wings rather than centrally. Best examples = Burnley, and Swansea did this at Anfield & Southampton in the EFL semi 2nd leg. The less good teams are more comfortable trying to do this too - more habitually competitive in the MF, they are used to it, doesn't always work for them but it is a familiar as a way of playing.

The good teams don't want to do that, they want this 'nice' game where you get forward as a unit, back as a unit, try & control the game type of contest. Klopp's LFC are kinda saying, we are not interested in that, we are gonna score more than you & we are gonna score before you do & take control of the scoreboard rather than the game until such time as these become the same thing & we can sit off when it suits us.

SHORT CLOSING RANT

Obviously he is a very good Manager, but what a complete & utter self absorbed playacting bellend. All about the Jurgen, all of the time. Or as he's known in our house, Deirdre Barlow - Mouth of the fecking Mersey. I HATES HIM SO MUCH NOW !!!

Top 4 nailed-on. Pending today's result, and a shock win for the Goons, I think Arsenal & Utd are 'done' now.

Last edited:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp didn't get everything he wanted last summer - Dembele and Dahood - but the profit was to do with the great sales Liverpool did. For example £15m for Ibe.

However, he was happy with who he bought and didn't chase less fancied players.
He didnt get Alex Texiera, Gotze, Zielinski, Dahoud or Brandt whos rumoured to be Bayern bound now. Now some of them im happy with the alternatives i.e. Mane instead of Gotze is a god send for a squad with as little pace as ours but this summer is do or die for the owners. If they dont stump up the cash its going to turn really ugly really fast. We have no quality subs most games, and when we desperately needed a signing in Jan not just to revitalise the squad and bring some much needed squad depth, but to give the whole fanbase/team a lift in the midst of barren run, they were nowhere to be found. Their entire tenure has coincided with our most fruitless trophy run in the post shankly era.

For many seasons they've been borderline negligent and its no surprise when their most ardent supporters staunchly defend every mishap with a fervor if which they brought to Anfield the place might have some bounce again!

FSG truly struck gold with Klopp, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for one more summer, but after that I'm firmly entrenched in the out camp, the funds are there. The spending over the past couple years tells us that, its time for FSG to make good.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
People seriously think that he is bothered about attention when his team is about to kick a penalty that could easily be the difference between EL and CL?
Sometimes it feels like everything Kopp does is attention seeking while Mourinho could take a shit on the pitch and it would create a heated argument because people can't decide whether he is creating a siege mentality, masterfully playing mind games or sticking it to the media and Fa because he is a cool fecker.
I don't know what team you support but that post is spot on. Most of the Klopp stuff is the ' that lot over the hill football mentality '. It really is daft when you think about it and the mentality of most football fans is shallow and a fine example of the herd mentality. I include Liverpool fans in this too.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I'm 34 and I genuinely don't think I can ever remember Everton beating Liverpool. They are shocking in this derby.

Still, they'll fancy taking a few points off us this week.
Their last victory at Anfield was in 1999. Think about that for a minute . That was 18 years ago. Iam not sure if I feel sorry for the generation of Everton fans that have never seen them win at Anfield .

montpelier

How many points are you fancying from these last 9 games?

In the region of 7 wins looks very doable, isn't it?

edit - had best say including yesterday to = 9 games, LFC only 8 left now,of course

Last edited:

Lizard

Supports
Liverpool

Bournemouth without Mane will be as tough to play against as the first time, but a win at Anfield should be expected.
Stoke away is a tough fixture, but Hughes isn't that hard to play against, so maybe a win if we get some key players back beforehand.
WBA away is a loss, or a draw if WBA fail to convert their many chances. At Anfield they were countered by defense working hard on preventing them set-piece chances from corners and throws, a feat that would be hard to repeat.
Palace will come to Anfield without Sakho, so their defense will be exposed. It's a winnable game.
Watford are getting worse every week and I think that if we just play like we did at Bournemouth, but without conceding corners, we should beat them. It is one of those where we could easily be caught off guard and lose in a humiliating manner.
Southampton at Anfield is a game I don't see us get much out of. I think if it ends 0-0, we should happily take a draw and move on, feeling lucky.
West Ham away is going to be a complete disaster, because they tend to fall apart against everyone but us. Don't see us get much out of this, a solid defeat imo.
Boro at home should be a win, unless they do a Newcastle last season and get relegated while beating a top team 5-1.

Altogether my best case scenario suggests 16 points is a doable, but we could easily end the season with only extra 8, or less.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

edit - had best say including yesterday to = 9 games, LFC only 8 left now,of course
Considering the fixtures our direct rivals have, especially those against each other I think 75 points will be enough for fourth. For us that would mean 5 wins and a draw from 8 games.

Our biggest problem has been away to lesser teams and we have 4 of those left - none of which I have any degree of comfort about. It's so tight and I can see lots of twists and turns yet and it may go right to the wire on the final day.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Considering the fixtures our direct rivals have, especially those against each other I think 75 points will be enough for fourth. For us that would mean 5 wins and a draw from 8 games.

Our biggest problem has been away to lesser teams and we have 4 of those left - none of which I have any degree of comfort about. It's so tight and I can see lots of twists and turns yet and it may go right to the wire on the final day.
Yeah I can't see us getting more than 4 wins at best. Smaller teams have us sussed and with no Mane, Klopp has no ideas of what to do next.

I'm hoping 72 points may be enough. 4 wins and one draw, or 3 wins and 4 draws. Something like that. Makes today an interesting game as I wanted Arsenal to win so we could try hard for third (hence no qualifier) but if City win then Arsenal making 72 becomes a very tall order for them. But it means we have to settle for 4th. I suppose a draw would be the best option. So make exciting outcomes for us today. :)