Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Rafateria

The way I see it, CL is never the biggest factor for transfers. You can't be 100% percent sure that players, especially the mid-level, would reject a club solely because they don't have CL football, too many things happen behind the scene.

You also can't be sure that domestic silverwares don't attract players anymore. Winning is a habit. Winning trophies regularly, even if they are all domestic cups, raises your reputation as a winner and gives you a better position when negotiating. You can promise them future glory, more than just a participation in CL. Top level football eventually would come if your club have that winning habit.

Don't put the blame on FA or the targetted players. Liverpool haven't been successful enough in the last decade to attract top talents today. Managers might have fielded weakened teams in cups but the fact is United, Arse, City and Chelsea have won them more than once in the last 10 years. That's why this self-entitlement among the scousers is mind-boggling.
I'm quite in agreement, we haven't been successful enough and have wasted God only knows how much on mediocre players, with our resources we should have been as entrenched in the Top 4 as Arsenal, and at least as successful. However a number of managers, and a tempestuous time with abhorrent owners, cost us that opportunity. I don't for one minute however see any self-entitlement amongst most Liverpool supporters (esp. on this forum), though every club has a few really thick divvies (see 'Klopp Out' on Twitter). If we are talking about self-entitlement you only have to read the United forum to see how your own fans view the club, though no doubt they may have a point considering how much money you've lavished on as many players that have turned out to be duds as we have.

As far as domestic silverware is concerned; do you think a team winning domestic cups in Spain, Germany or Italy has top players at other clubs urging their agents to get them a transfer ? No, neither do I. It's a nice medal to display on the wall at home, it's not a trophy that has good players demanding a move to that club. I am surprised that you disagree that playing in the CL (or being paid vast amounts of money, though preferably both) has become the de facto currency of European football for any player with ambition.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He is back to playing the happy fool in his pre match interview. Giggling like a teenage girl at times, let's hope Chel$ki put 5 past them.

Minimalist

The absolute state of that screaming at the fourth official. :lol:

How the hell does he get away with it?

Minimalist

Liverpool are jammy as hell. Chelsea scored an absolute peach and then proceeded to fluff every easy opportunity they had on the counter.

The fact we could barely score against this Liverpool side is a travesty - they are awful.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Im worried they wont be able to take points of Spurs and Arsenal an Anfield in the next month to help us out.

They are in serious trouble.

TheReligion

Abusive
Liverpool are jammy as hell. Chelsea scored an absolute peach and then proceeded to fluff every easy opportunity they had on the counter.

The fact we could barely score against this Liverpool side is a travesty - they are awful.
Every season there's a poor team that does well up until Christmas.

Enigma_87

You know who
Wonder what are the stats when Mane starts and without him. He's absolutely vital for their attack. Without him they are an ordinary, ordinary team.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't like the way the media ignore his behaviour. Imagine Mourinho constantly howling at the 4th official, the way this guy does?

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Not losing so still well on top of the head to head top 6 league, just shows how poor they have been against the bottom clubs.

What does Klopp get from shouting in the fourth officials face? He didn't make the decision, Clatts did. I know if he stays in his area and doesn't use foul or abusive language they prob can't punish him but not fair in the official at all. He's just there to be a punching bag for shit referees.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Absolutely no excuse for what Klopp did tonight. Wenger got four matches for something that looked less insane.

Suspect he'll get away with it though. BT sport people thought it was great for some reason.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Klopp can do whatever the hell he wants to officials, media, pundits, they just dismiss it as 'passion.'

If Jose pulled some of Klopp's big man stuff he'd be banned instantly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This high energy stuff doesn't work without a winter break.

His Dortmund side would take a month off from late December to late January. Liverpool will play 8 or 9 games over that period.
We've only got three league games in January and after we play Everton 17th December we only have two more games against (Stoke and City) for the rest of the month. If we get drawn against lower league opposition in the FA Cup then I'll expect Klopp to rotate for the third round game like he did last season.

My only concern is what we do if it's not working or we're missing a couple of key players like Mane and Firmino. I think we're overly reliant on our first XI staying fit. You could probably swap someone like Wijnaldum or one of the CB's out without doing much damage but I'm not sure about the rest.
You're missing the point, it doesn't matter what the opposition do, your advantage is the intensity in your play and the energy you press with. A month off to re-energise for the run in is a huge help. Replacing that break with an even thicker list of fixtures than normal and fatigue and injuries could seriously hinder your advantage.

You have a game on the 14th, 17th, 26th, 31st, 2nd, 14th and 23rd + a likely league cup and FA Cup match. The players then have an international break to deal with.

I really question whether that squad can cope with those games and keep up the style of play.
You can't take it out of context though. In the Bundesliga German teams had more time to rest so Dortmund players had to push even harder to tire them out again. In England we're not the only ones who will be having games on 14th, 17th, etc, etc, in a row. So will the opponents we face. Without a winter break they will wilt under less pressure than Dortmund needed to adopt under Klopp in Germany.
No I understand your point - I just don't think it's valid this season as we don't have Europe.

It does matter what the opposition do - especially as they will have played more games (in the case of our direct rivals). Most of the top players at Utd, city, Arsenal and Spurs will have played more mins and run further than any of our players come Dec and Jan.
Heh

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Absolutely no excuse for what Klopp did tonight. Wenger got four matches for something that looked less insane.

Suspect he'll get away with it though. BT sport people thought it was great for some reason.
They seem to draw the line at actually touching the official, but I think they should change that for Klopp, it would be very intimidating having this 6'5" man snarling and spitting in your face as he shouts. Players obviously do it to the ref on the field but the 4th official isn't getting paid enough to put up with that sh!t

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just imagine all the pitchforks that would come out had it been mourinho or wenger that screamed in the face of the official

Disgraceful behaviour he deserves a lengthy touchline ban

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Hey, if Liverpool can get all sanctimonious over Mourinho's antics, I'd say it's only fair that we can do the same for Klopp. :lol:
lol. Of course.

I did think it was weird what he did. I didn't get it either. Why was he yelling? It was after the save right?
The only thing that comes to mind was that he thought it wasnt a pen (for whatever reason) and so when Mignolet saved it he yelled in relief but also anger that it was given...