Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

NoLogo

Seeing those ridiculously forced celebrations really allowed me a huge sigh of relief - yes... the man is actually a prat. Thank you God.

The question is, was he always a prat? Or is it something in the water in Liverpool.. I'm sure Rodgers didn't seem much of a prat before he went there, but I may have just missed it.
When he took over Liverpool I was sure this was going to be the thing that would piss of our fans the fastest.

To be honest I'd rather have a manager who gets a bit over-excited than one that just sits on his ass taking notes all day.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
When he took over Liverpool I was sure this was going to be the thing that would piss of our fans the fastest.

To be honest I'd rather have a manager who gets a bit over-excited than one that just sits on his ass taking notes all day.
Over-excited is fine. Acting excited however in a pretty calculated way is just plain embarrassing for all involved.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Believe me this guy isn't acting, he is just a bit of a nutjob.
Wasn't there a rumour a few years ago when Dortmund were in the relegation zone that Klopp had been seen having acting lessons to make himself more relatable to the fans so he wouldn't get fired?

NoLogo

Wasn't there a rumour a few years ago when Dortmund were in the relegation zone that Klopp had been seen having acting lessons to make himself more relatable to the fans so he wouldn't get fired?
:lol:

In the English Yellow press maybe. He hardly had an image problem, even when things where going south for him. He is as authentic as it gets he just overplays the whole "normal one" stick sometimes.

But like I said we will hate him for being passionate about Liverpool and all things involving their fans and call him fake and all that good stuff but I'm fairly certain we would see him completely differently if he was our manager but he that's how things goes so by all means keep hating away I won't spoil any ones fun from now on.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
:lol:

In the English Yellow press maybe. He hardly had an image problem, even when things where going south for him. He is as authentic as it gets he just overplays the whole "normal one" stick sometimes.

But like I said we will hate him for being passionate about Liverpool and all things involving their fans and call him fake and all that good stuff but I'm fairly certain we would see him completely differently if he was our manager but he that's how things goes so by all means keep hating away I won't spoil any ones fun from now on.
It's not just the English press though. I heard rumours from Germany that when he was linked with the Liverpool job he learned to play "You'll never Walk alone" on the harmonica in preparation for the end of season speech.

Kag

The hugging, cheek-rubbing and head-patting at the end of the game is definitely forced. Nice guy, maybe, but he's not a stupid guy either. Managing Liverpool may very well make him one.

EmPeeKay

The fawning and ass-kissing by the media over Klopp has been unbearable and cringeworthy. He is a great Manager and a likeable guy, but he is not the second coming of Christ and will need time to turn things around at Liverpool. On Sky he was quoted that the game against Bournemouth was a "big step forward" which is a bit premature to say the least.

Yes, he beat Bournemouth with a team of youngsters, but this Bournemouth squad currently has the worst defensive record in the Premier League and that needs to be considered here. They have a tough game against an underperforming Chelsea who I think will up their game. I can see Liverpool losing this one and then it's more the case of "one big step forward and two steps back".

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The hugging, cheek-rubbing and head-patting at the end of the game is definitely forced. Nice guy, maybe, but he's not a stupid guy either. Managing Liverpool may very well make him one.
Honestly, maybe one day I'm bored enough to dig up some videos from 2001 when he was still a player/coach at Mainz. His celebrations and treatment of the players was exactly the same as it is today. He might milk his own popularity a bit, but he is far from unauthentic. It is also hilarious that the things he was celebrated for just a year ago are now the first things people complain about.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Seeing those ridiculously forced celebrations really allowed me a huge sigh of relief - yes... the man is actually a prat. Thank you God.

The question is, was he always a prat? Or is it something in the water in Liverpool.. I'm sure Rodgers didn't seem much of a prat before he went there, but I may have just missed it.
It's called confirmation bias.

Kag

Honestly, maybe one day I'm bored enough to dig up some videos from 2001 when he was still a player/coach at Mainz. His celebrations and treatment of the players was exactly the same as it is today. He might milk his own popularity a bit, but he is far from unauthentic. It is also hilarious that the things he was celebrated for just a year ago are now the first things people complain about.
He was stood right by a camera that was following him and he persisted with his outwardly affectionate behaviour. He's giving the world the impression that it's a happy camp. It's understandable, it likely works, but it was definitlely forced, similar to that celebration of his at the weekend. He knows the world is watching and acts as such. That's not to say that he isn't a warm man, or that his previous behaviour wasn't authentic, but there can be no denying he's playing the game.

As for the last point. This is a Manchester United forum discussing a Liverpool manager, what do you expect?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He was stood right by a camera that was following him and he persisted with his outwardly affectionate behaviour. He's giving the world the impression that it's a happy camp. It's understandable, it likely works, but it was definitlely forced, similar to that celebration of his at the weekend. He knows the world is watching and acts as such. That's not to say that he isn't a warm man, or that his previous behaviour wasn't authentic, but there can be no denying he's playing the game.

As for the last point. This is a Manchester United forum discussing a Liverpool manager, what do you expect?
I dunno what I expect. Probably not complete delusion which is laughed about on here if it would appear on RAWK.

I watched at least 50 games of Mainz under him and then games week in week out for seven years. This celebration with the small sprint, jump and fist pumping? Happened hundreds of times, literally. That is how he reacts to important goals. Always has been and probably always will be.

So unless someone thinks that he faked his celebrations his whole coaching career there is nothing fake about it, just his normal behaviour. The guy is emotional and lives football. People don't have to like it but calling it fake is still factually wrong.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Agreed, it's quite funny how it's happened so quickly.

Everyone on here was more than willing to wax lyrical about him until it looked like he was signing on for Liverpool. Very predictable.
We aren't all like that, I cringe at some of the posts in here at times.

It's a bit like saying that all Liverpool players are shit when in reality you know they have good players. Ah well eh, we are a United forum primarily so I guess you have to accept that some of the posters are going to be a bit biased.

I think Klopp will turn Liverpool around pretty fast but he'll struggle with the squad because with the injuries they've had their depth is very short. He'll get the best out of their attacking players though and get them fired up.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
We aren't all like that, I cringe at some of the posts in here at times.

It's a bit like saying that all Liverpool players are shit when in reality you know they have good players. Ah well eh, we are a United forum primarily so I guess you have to accept that some of the posters are going to be a bit biased.

I think Klopp will turn Liverpool around pretty fast but he'll struggle with the squad because with the injuries they've had their depth is very short. He'll get the best out of their attacking players though and get them fired up.
Yeah it happens everywhere with every set of fans across every code of sport. It's in our nature to be like this.

I think Klopp will have Liverpool playing some nice attacking football with Coutinho, Firminho, Sturridge (if fit) and Benteke. Their midfield is lacking though and their defence needs some serious structure, which will be the greatest concern for Klopp.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah it happens everywhere with every set of fans across every code of sport. It's in our nature to be like this.

I think Klopp will have Liverpool playing some nice attacking football with Coutinho, Firminho, Sturridge (if fit) and Benteke. Their midfield is lacking though and their defence needs some serious structure, which will be the greatest concern for Klopp.
Agreed, their defense in particular needs serious attention. Clyne looks to be a very solid signing for them he's played pretty well from what I've seen of them this season and I do rate Sakho as a defender but he needs regular game time away from the injury table to drive those errors out of his game. Moreno i'm not convinced on and they need a new reliable keeper and another CB. You look at their CB options and wince at times, Skrtel is an experienced player but I wouldn't call him a top 4 team starting CB.

They still have a while yet before Henderson is back so I think they'll continue to struggle at the back as their defensive cover from midfield isn't up to scratch. Haven't seen enough of Can and I've never rated Leiva. So if I was Klopp i'd be targetting a CB and DM in January. Possibly a GK too if they can get one in.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Does RedCafe insist on becoming expert at body language when it comes to Liverpool managers?

For three years Rodgers could barely scratch his nose without someone crying about the insincerity of the gesture. Now it's Klopp's turn to be subject to this type of psycho-babble. The guy has spent his career being gregarious and larger than life but the minute he steps into the Liverpool job some are calling him out as fake, cringy or OTT.

Why do you think Klopp was signed by Liverpool? I suspect it's because of his track record and his larger than life style that appears to bring the best out of players and fans alike. This is what he does.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fawning and ass-kissing by the media over Klopp has been unbearable and cringeworthy. He is a great Manager and a likeable guy, but he is not the second coming of Christ and will need time to turn things around at Liverpool. On Sky he was quoted that the game against Bournemouth was a "big step forward" which is a bit premature to say the least.

Yes, he beat Bournemouth with a team of youngsters, but this Bournemouth squad currently has the worst defensive record in the Premier League and that needs to be considered here. They have a tough game against an underperforming Chelsea who I think will up their game. I can see Liverpool losing this one and then it's more the case of "one big step forward and two steps back".
Especially as Bogdan was MoM when I watched the match after hours.

Rafateria

I wonder how many people yesterday credited Klopp with winning the match for Liverpool with his astute and fearless substitutions ? Anyone watching the match yesterday may have noticed Klopp's intrepid attitude to winning the game rather than just being content with a draw or maintaining the on-field status quo to see what transpired.

When the match was level he didn't sit back, he went for their throat. Subbing Milner for Benteke and then changing the formation to have Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino running off him. Then after we went 2-1 did he go for another midfielder or defender ? No he didn't even though Ibe was ready and standing right next to him when we scored the second. Did he then change his mind and play safe ? No, he didn't he recognised that Chelsea were on the ropes and that rather than offer them the momentum to get back into the match, he decided to keep the pressure on them and still sent Ibe on, who then went on to get himself an assist five minutes later.

How many PL managers would have done that ? Especially one still looking for his first PL win and fresh to the club & league ? Most would have sent Ibe back to his seat and brought Allen or Lovren on (which he eventually did with 5 mins to go).

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I am not surprised at all. He outclassed many managers in the Bundesliga and CL with his tactical approach.
He is also one of the few managers who doesn't care too much when his players make a mistake because he attributes that to his tactical approach rather than the player. (I guess from a player's point of view that's a nice attitude which doesn't detain you when you try something.)

Kostur

海尔的老板
I wonder how many people yesterday credited Klopp with winning the match for Liverpool with his astute and fearless substitutions ? Anyone watching the match yesterday may have noticed Klopp's intrepid attitude to winning the game rather than just being content with a draw or maintaining the on-field status quo to see what transpired.

When the match was level he didn't sit back, he went for their throat. Subbing Milner for Benteke and then changing the formation to have Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino running off him. Then after we went 2-1 did he go for another midfielder or defender ? No he didn't even though Ibe was ready and standing right next to him when we scored the second. Did he then change his mind and play safe ? No, he didn't he recognised that Chelsea were on the ropes and that rather than offer them the momentum to get back into the match, he decided to keep the pressure on them and still sent Ibe on, who then went on to get himself an assist five minutes later.

How many PL managers would have done that ? Especially one still looking for his first PL win and fresh to the club & league ? Most would have sent Ibe back to his seat and brought Allen or Lovren on (which he eventually did with 5 mins to go).
Great character.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wow, some here complain about LVG but I can't believe how boring Liverpool are under this fraud. Chelsea away next, Mourinho is lucky. Tim sherwood last week and Klopp next? Couldn't have asked for easier games.
Mourinho must be laughing now at how easy it was to beat this fraud. So funny.

Sarni

Bloody hell one win against Mourinho and this lad is a hero again. He's up there with Pardew and Hughes nowadays.
Worse. He is a Championship manager. Doesn't even compare to Pulis who you consider 'great'.

Sarni

I mean in all seriousness how can you look at Pulis' last three jobs and not call him great?
Well you can if you think that you need to something more than keep your teams in the league to be considered 'great'. I mean, seriouslt, can you even name mid-table managers who have been doing similar job in Spain or Germany?

Kostur

海尔的老板
I mean in all seriousness how can you look at Pulis' last three jobs and not call him great?
You possibly have to take into consideration that he's taken shit/midtable clubs only and done good with them. Then you can probably call him 'averages' great' but in the end, he still is average.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Chelsea were absolute pants in just about every department, just look at Benteke's goal??? Did Utd ever have as much room to turn and shoot against Palace?

JM has lost the dressing room it's that obvious.It was a pefect match for Klopp in many respects. His greater challenges will be against teams who don't give a feck about him or Liverpool and just go for them. Southampton did and I was surprised how many chances Bournemouth created.

We'll see!

Sarni

You possibly have to take into consideration that he's taken shit/midtable clubs only and done good with them. Then you can probably call him 'averages' great' but in the end, he still is average.
He is a good manager, I won't discuss with that. As proven by Pardew and Hughes succeeding him at Palace and Hughes, you can do better with the same clubs though.

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
Bloody hell one win against Mourinho and this lad is a hero again. He's up there with Pardew and Hughes nowadays.
It's not the first time that Klopp has ripped a Mourinho team apart.

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
Well it's the umpteenth time that team has been ripped apart this season, by a bunch of different managers.
Well, Klopp is obviously not the only good manager in the league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Klopp just took over, he didn't have a pre season or any transfers to rebuild the team and having a match every 3-4 days probably doesn't leave him much time to actually implement a lot of new stuff - in other words he's taking what Brentan left him and freestyling right now.
Pragmatism and the ability to motivate are obviously important qualities, but it will be some time before we can judge what Klopp can actually do in the PL, maybe even until after the summer break, since at Dortmund a lot of players needed several months if not a whole year until they seemed to fully get what he wanted from them and really upped their performance.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Although he was my favourite to replace Moyes. It's just too early to judge him on a single game or even one season.