Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Get runners like Elanga, Ronaldo, Bruno make runs for Pogba and Sancho and we will create many chances. Just need to finish them. Happy for Jadon to start scoring too even though he will be more of a assist king , playmaker, for us I reckon.

lost7

Really hoping he can continue this form. Checking this thread a couple of months ago was the most frustrating thing ever, still remember so many dumb posts about how much of a flop he is and not seeing what his attributes are. Let's hope he remains focused and continues to develop his game because if he does that, he could be one of the best player in the league.

And the best thing he's not even 22 yet.

Red Rash

Finally showing why we spent so much money on him. Took a little while this season to get going but has been very good for a month or so.

Its great to see a winger who has the first thought of creating rather than trying to score directly. Great dribbler, great first touch and more often than not makes the correct decision

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Great player, didn't comment earlier because he was obviously suffering from joining a new league and a fractured team.

mjstokes85

What has really struck me with his last few performances is his composure, it's absolutely terrific, he rarely makes the wrong choice, he doesn't panic on the ball and his body movements and shape often buy him a lot of time to execute a pass. He is really growing on me.

Red Royal

Sancho has been very good for a few games now no doubt. I just hope the Caf and all fans don't set expectations so high that one or two average games and he is back in the 'waste of money' category.

An up and down 1st season is to be expected for a 21 year old in a team with lots of challenges.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think people are basing reactions on the results or the stat line. It’s the way he’s playing. It’s one of those “ you know it when you see it” type things. United fans should rightfully be excited.

captaincantona

With Sancho finding his feet, the question is how Dow we maximise his contribution. Bruno seems a permanent fixture as the more advanced 8.

My feeling is that due to our limited options right now, he should be our RW with Elanga left and both interchanging. Try Rashford at 9 with Ronny off the bench. Why the hell not!?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He just looks a top player. His awareness and weight of pass. The sitter Elanga fluffed…..would’ve been one of the best assists I’ve ever seen.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
With Sancho finding his feet, the question is how Dow we maximise his contribution. Bruno seems a permanent fixture as the more advanced 8.

My feeling is that due to our limited options right now, he should be our RW with Elanga left and both interchanging. Try Rashford at 9 with Ronny off the bench. Why the hell not!?
Yeah, why not play your currently best attacker who finally found his feet playing in his favorite position to the position he likes second best. I mean, he was delivering for at least four games now, it's about time somebody shakes him up a bit. You could also revive Solskjaer's idea and play him as RB while we're at it!

captaincantona

Yeah, why not play your currently best attacker who finally found his feet playing in his favorite position to the position he likes second best. I mean, he was delivering for at least four games now, it's about time somebody shakes him up a bit. You could also revive Solskjaer's idea and play him as RB while we're at it!
Yeah point taken. I just don’t think we have anyone effective on the RW though...ironically, in the same way we didn’t last season. We have been playing limited teams lately so it’s worked. Rashford can’t play right. So yes, he is finding his feet but that doesn’t mean the team is balanced. Against better teams we will see what happens. Wouldn’t be suggesting it if let’s say, Greenwood hadn’t of vanished.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The good thing is he's delivering from both flanks also.

First assist was from the right side, 2nd from the left. If only we could have 1 more winger in form at the same time.

Such a shame what happened with Greenwood, him on the right flank would have been ideal right now.

Jackal981

Nobody does. Its clear that Donnie wasn't Ole's buy. Going back to Sancho -- he looks like he shredded a couple of kilos and is a tad faster nowadays. He defo came into Carrington less fit than expected.
This line is absolute bollox. There are verified reports when he just signed that Ole personally called him to seal the deal. Dont give us that Donny was not Ole signing crap. If he wasnt, why would Ole call him personally. Ole just did not have any idea on how to use him properly

https://theathletic.com/2034683/2020/09/01/van-de-beek-manchester-united/

https://tribuna.com/en/news/manutd-...vinced-donny-van-de-beek-to-seal-united-move/

Raven

Rashford is an absolutely terrible 9. I hope I never see him play there again.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah point taken. I just don’t think we have anyone effective on the RW though...ironically, in the same way we didn’t last season. We have been playing limited teams lately so it’s worked. Rashford can’t play right. So yes, he is finding his feet but that doesn’t mean the team is balanced. Against better teams we will see what happens. Wouldn’t be suggesting it if let’s say, Greenwood hadn’t of vanished.

Yes, I see that but doesn't it make more sense to play those out of poition who have something to show than "punishing" the one who currently delivers?

And while Rashford might also be best on the LW, he can definitely do a job on the right wing as well. Given your vacancies in this position, you just need him to do the basics and complement the squad, not play on a world class level himself or excel individually. And I'd argue that Rashford's skill set is much better suited to playing with his strong foot outside than Sancho's. He can hold the line and beat defenders by accelerating past them and cutting back, more so than Sancho who needs to cut inside to work his magic. And then the next goal should be to sign a counterpart to Sancho on the right, ideally left footed.

People would never entertain the idea to play Messi on the left or Neymar on the right to complement worse players than them.

captaincantona

Yes, I see that but doesn't it make more sense to play those out of poition who have something to show than "punishing" the one who currently delivers?

And while Rashford might also be best on the LW, he can definitely do a job on the right wing as well. Given your vacancies in this position, you just need him to do the basics and complement the squad, not play on a world class level himself or excel individually. And I'd argue that Rashford's skill set is much better suited to playing with his strong foot outside than Sancho's. He can hold the line and beat defenders by accelerating past them and cutting back, more so than Sancho who needs to cut inside to work his magic. And then the next goal should be to sign a counterpart to Sancho on the right, ideally left footed.

People would never entertain the idea to play Messi on the left or Neymar on the right to complement worse players than them.
First, Rashford can’t do a job on the right. In no way shape or form and I am perplexed by him being put out there.

Yes of course we sign someone to compliment Sancho...but I’m not talking about that...I’m talking about right now. Sancho in his best position at LW and Bruno at 10 or an advanced 8 dont make up for the fact that our RW and striker positions are in dire straits. So since Sancho was predominantly RW at Dortmund and Rashford plays in HIS best position at LW, it’s not controversial to suggest that we need more as an attacking unit for the remainder of the season till reinforcements come in.

it’s not a case of accommodating worse players by moving round better ones. It’s a case of finding the best combination with what you have...and for me...Sancho on the LW will make us lob sided in terms of any sort of threat and thus easily defended against- at least by better teams. Rashford left and Sancho right, if given a chance, might provide better balance and we get two 7/10 performances instead of what’s happening currently whICB is an 8/10 from Sancho and a 5/10 from Rashford.
its just a thought.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This line is absolute bollox. There are verified reports when he just signed that Ole personally called him to seal the deal. Dont give us that Donny was not Ole signing crap. If he wasnt, why would Ole call him personally. Ole just did not have any idea on how to use him properly

https://theathletic.com/2034683/2020/09/01/van-de-beek-manchester-united/

https://tribuna.com/en/news/manutd-...vinced-donny-van-de-beek-to-seal-united-move/
All managers would have to speak to the player at some point, their buy or not. The player would request to speak to the player. Fergie spoke to Bebe even. So what does that mean? Nothing.

It was obvious that it wasn't his player judging by the actions. He didn't even play him at the start -- who does that if you pin your name onto the player?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
First, Rashford can’t do a job on the right. In no way shape or form and I am perplexed by him being put out there.

Yes of course we sign someone to compliment Sancho...but I’m not talking about that...I’m talking about right now. Sancho in his best position at LW and Bruno at 10 or an advanced 8 dont make up for the fact that our RW and striker positions are in dire straits. So since Sancho was predominantly RW at Dortmund and Rashford plays in HIS best position at LW, it’s not controversial to suggest that we need more as an attacking unit for the remainder of the season till reinforcements come in.

it’s not a case of accommodating worse players by moving round better ones. It’s a case of finding the best combination with what you have...and for me...Sancho on the LW will make us lob sided in terms of any sort of threat and thus easily defended against. Rashford left and Sancho right, if given a chance, might provide better balance and we get two 7/10 performances instead of what’s happening currently whICB is an 8/10 from Sancho and a 5/10 from Rashford.
its just a thought.
Uh oh.. tell me you didn't :nono:

Prepare for a @Zehner onslaught involving heat maps

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Is there a thread somewhere where we can propose taglines for other posters? If so, "thinks Sancho plays better on the right" would be a good one for @Zehner.

MattofManchester

He's really coming into his own now, which is fantastic to see, but if there's one criticism, I do wish he improves his crossing instead of joining the ever expanding crop of United players hoofing the ball to the opposite side.

lysglimt

Scout
What has really struck me with his last few performances is his composure, it's absolutely terrific, he rarely makes the wrong choice, he doesn't panic on the ball and his body movements and shape often buy him a lot of time to execute a pass. He is really growing on me.
Actually I still think he makes a lot of wrong choices - which shows what a potential he has. If his choices were world class - we easily could have had 2-3 more goals in the last few games - he shoots too often when a simple pass would have resulted in a tap-in.

But - a good match against Watford, and he might be player of the month.

ForeverRed1

He's really coming into his own now, which is fantastic to see, but if there's one criticism, I do wish he improves his crossing instead of joining the ever expanding crop of United players hoofing the ball to the opposite side.
you didn’t watch the Leeds games? Elite cross into the box for Bruno’s goal.

MattofManchester

you didn’t watch the Leeds games? Elite cross into the box for Bruno’s goal.
He also overhit the cross 2 or 3 times prior. And he's done it a few times the last few games as well where he gets into a good position and slams it to the opposite side.
It's just somewhere he can improve. It would make us infinitely more dangerous if we could reliably put in crosses.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Is there a thread somewhere where we can propose taglines for other posters? If so, "thinks Sancho plays better on the right" would be a good one for @Zehner.
Oh come on, please don't! If I get that tagline, I'll won't rest until you get one about Rangnick.

it’s not a case of accommodating worse players by moving round better ones. It’s a case of finding the best combination with what you have...and for me...Sancho on the LW will make us lob sided in terms of any sort of threat and thus easily defended against- at least by better teams. Rashford left and Sancho right, if given a chance, might provide better balance and we get two 7/10 performances instead of what’s happening currently whICB is an 8/10 from Sancho and a 5/10 from Rashford.
its just a thought.
If Rashford can't do a job on the right, he deserves to be benched because all he needs to do is complement the team. Provide width, make runs in behind, keep things simple and so forth. If he can't get the basics right, he's simply completely out of form. And as my kind BPA fellows have already implied, Sancho has predominantly played on the left for Dortmund. He was played on the right initially for the same reasons Rangnick played Rashford there recently :)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Said it around this time last year Sancho would swat away Rashfords claim to the left by the end of this season. He might have been signed for the RW by Ole but any new manager was going to play to his strengths. It was so obvious. Technically and from a team play standpoint Sancho is on a different level and he’s just getting started. He’s just much more switched on to his teammates and has more creative tools. Rashford is going to have to reinvent himself as a pressing right winger or squad player. I can’t say I’m too sad about that. It’s better for the club overall. A bit of time fighting for his place and refining his game might even reel Rashfords next contract demands into a slightly more realistic territory.

Last edited:

Relfy

I'm really starting to enjoy watching him play now. I'm very glad he seems to have found his groove within the team and is making a difference. Looks to be the player we paid for now. Long may this form continue!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I have to say I'm still underwhelmed. He's our best winger but it's not saying much. I hope he keeps improving though and I'm sure he will.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Adding to his skill, the kid got football brain. Hopefully he keeps focus on football.

lex talionis

I have to say I'm still underwhelmed. He's our best winger but it's not saying much. I hope he keeps improving though and I'm sure he will.
Jadon Sancho is no George Best or Ryan Giggs, but how can you be underwhelmed with his performances of late? Left or right, he abuses opposes defenders. And in incredibly adverse conditions he was easily MOTM against Leeds. True, being MOTM against Leeds is only a small step toward greatness, but surely Sancho has to be one of the first names on the squad sheet now, no?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Jadon Sancho is no George Best or Ryan Giggs, but how can you be underwhelmed with his performances of late? Left or right, he abuses opposes defenders. And in incredibly adverse conditions he was easily MOTM against Leeds. True, being MOTM against Leeds is only a small step toward greatness, but surely Sancho has to be one of the first names on the squad sheet now, no?
He's a street baller which is great but megging people isn't the same as playing well. It's a good start though, I just want to see more from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.