5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Another great game from him showing what we paid the money for.

I wish we would get him used to the right though. We have enough talent for the left.
Funnily enough we actually don't. Not with Martial gone and Rashford basically being useless.

Honestly I'd love to see a move made for Raphina in the summer. Him and Sancho on the wings would be dynamite

OmarUnited4ever

He’s mint. Actually preferred his second assist to his first, beautiful stuff.
Come on!

his first assist, the wet pitch slowed Lindlof's pass and almost brought to a halt, he had the awareness to to dink it in his first touch over the oppo defense towards Bruno, it was a sublime assist.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How the feck did Elanga missed that sitter . That would have assist of the season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great again today. I was cursing him as he made the 2nd assist, I thought he was hanging on to the ball too long when I was hoping he would take one touch and lash it at goal. I thought he'd killed the attack, but he showed me.

First assist was fantastic too. Could've had a couple of goals as well.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I would really like him to play on the bloody right wing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Funnily enough we actually don't. Not with Martial gone and Rashford basically being useless.

Honestly I'd love to see a move made for Raphina in the summer. Him and Sancho on the wings would be dynamite
I'd rather see us move for Antony from Ajax, if I'm honest. He's probably the most exciting young wide forward I've seen in Europe and is a natural fit as a inverted wide forward. The skill/flair in combination with his speed is a joy to behold.

It's like @Rozay said above, I want to see players who excite in the build up phase rather than jump straight to stats to prove how a player who is clearly lacking in the build up phase is actually not doing bad because he's scored x amount of goals and z amount of assists.

thebelfastboy

Loving what I'm seeing from Sancho at the minute.

Technically brilliant on the ball and very intelligent.

Sizeable fee but could end up being worth every penny of it

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We're jerking it to which assist was sexier.

You know we finally have the Sancho we drooled over at Dortmund

Love the kid.

Handré1990

Another really good performance from the lad. Fast becoming the player we should build the team around now he is showing his quality and intelligence on the ball.
Not being pedantic, but nobody does that anymore. It’s more of a team game than ever. No top team «builds around» one player anymore. I think Grealish at AV was a case like that, good for middling and lower teams. He can definitely be one of the more important pieces in a winning team though.

Shark

@NotShark
Our best player along with Bruno. Both of them will be key the building a top side under whoever is our next manager.

lex talionis

*four good games later*

Vintage caf :drool:
The money spent on Donny is what I was concered with. I actually like Donny, but for whatever reason (shit in training or whatever) neither Ole nor Ralf saw fit to use him. So be it.

Since you've done research on my prior posts, you/re no don't fully aware that I've posted many times that we should have bought him last season.

Acquire Me

I'd rather see us move for Antony from Ajax, if I'm honest. He's probably the most exciting young wide forward I've seen in Europe and is a natural fit as a inverted wide forward. The skill/flair in combination with his speed is a joy to behold.

It's like @Rozay said above, I want to see players who excite in the build up phase rather than jump straight to stats to prove how a player who is clearly lacking in the build up phase is actually not doing bad because he's scored x amount of goals and z amount of assists.
If we go for ETH, that might be a reality.

Acquire Me

Would potentially be a great move due to the level of skill. The lad is electric and naturally left footed.
I think he might have something great me as well. I think we need to fill the void from MG. It’s not quite easy to see what will happen to that guy.

copen1945

I knew he will come good. He just needed an adjustment to the English football and get himself familiar. He will be even better next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
and... on the left!! :drool:
Was always going to be the case, tbh. Rashford was a ticking time bomb for losing the left wing spot. I just didn’t expect Greenwood to be a… you know.
Shameless self quote from myself in July 2021:
I'm sort of convinced this will happen too. It won't be any time soon because I think the immediate plan will be Rashford left Sancho right, but I reckon we'll end with Sancho - Fernandes - Greenwood.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's good to see the talent is finally translating. I know a lot of people were worried about him, but I honestly had very little doubts that in time he'd show he's one of the most talented young players out there.

rooney2009

The money spent on Donny is what I was concered with. I actually like Donny, but for whatever reason (shit in training or whatever) neither Ole nor Ralf saw fit to use him. So be it.

Since you've done research on my prior posts, you/re no don't fully aware that I've posted many times that we should have bought him last season.
stop digging mate

siw2007

Not being pedantic, but nobody does that anymore. It’s more of a team game than ever. No top team «builds around» one player anymore. I think Grealish at AV was a case like that, good for middling and lower teams. He can definitely be one of the more important pieces in a winning team though.
I get that, the game is more strategical now and there is less room for individualism. But if we say he is our best forward player (maybe premature, but yes on current form), then we can pick the system that gets the best out of him and choose players that he can link up well with.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s going to have the world at his feet next season. Absolute baller.

arnie_ni

Was always going to be the case, tbh. Rashford was a ticking time bomb for losing the left wing spot. I just didn’t expect Greenwood to be a… you know.
Shameless self quote from myself in July 2021:
You weren't the only one. If you go into that thread there was loads of us saying itl be sancho and Greenwood.

Foxbatt

He was brilliant and it was his one time pass to Lindelof that led to the second goal. most other players at united would not pass that ball.

lex talionis

stop digging mate
That dude had no idea what I was actually saying. Ole refused to play Donny (whatever his reasons) and barely played Sancho the first few months of the season. My point then, and is now -- although Ole and Donny are both gone, although Donny may come back but Ole surely won, so there's nothing to be gained here -- is that if you're going to spend 100m or so on players the club better fukking play the players. There's no hole to dig out of.

Josh 76

I was one of his biggest critics. Hopefully he’s turned the corner, but bigger tests are to come.

United in sin

Explains why we're not a top team anymore as we build around a 37 year old Ronaldo

Borussia Teeth

I would really like him to play on the bloody right wing.
During this good spell he's been having, he's regularly swapped wings during periods of the games. It's quite clear that (like all our other attackers) he's better on the left. This shouldn't be news to anyone who watched him at Dortmund.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Explains why we're not a top team anymore as we build around a 37 year old Ronaldo
We don’t ‘build around’ Ronaldo. We simply play him at centre forward in our team. What the feck is this ‘build around’ thing I keep reading on here anyway?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Incredible player. He's an excellent passer, dribbler and makes very good decisions in high pressure situations.

I said it in the match day thread and I'll repeat it here: we really need to compile a list of the Redcafe melts who wrote him off after just 10 games.
What would be gained from it ?

United in sin

We don’t ‘build around’ Ronaldo. We simply play him at centre forward in our team. What the feck is this ‘build around’ thing I keep reading on here anyway?
Our attack is based around him and it's affected us adversely this season. Bruno is not the same player and he's been our most productive attacker since he came here.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Those assists today :drool: The second was Cantona esque

Shame Elanga fluffed his chance that run too was world class

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our attack is based around him and it's affected us adversely this season. Bruno is not the same player and he's been our most productive attacker since he came here.
That is Bruno’s own responsibility. Our attack isn’t ‘based around’ him. In fact, what does that mean, in real terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.