5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

Good performance today. Quiet, but unimpeachable, and most importantly he looked a very comfortable part of all our link-up play. Part of the unit now.

RuudTom83

I find he is too shy or humble so far…not wanting to be too critical of him, but so far the stage seems to big for him.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
(Disclaimer- Based entirely on MOTD)He looked better today, involved in a lot of our good play in the build up for our goals, linked up well. Shame he didn’t finish in the first half. Confident he will come good. He’s a class act.

Drz

I thought he was more lively than in his previous game, showed some improvement in adapting to the pace and intensity of the premier league. Needs to fine-tune some of his passing and shooting, hopefully that will come too.

Chief123

He was far better than Sancho when he came on in the Wolves game, more direct, more of a threat and linking up better. Sancho was really poor in that game and everyone pretty much agreed that Martial looked better when he came on.
This game he came on for 5 minutes and made half the goal for Lingard by throwing off two players with his dummy.

You didn't see those?
Sancho looked more of a threat in today’s game than Martial has looked in the season so far. To suggest Martial has looked more dangerous than Sancho so far this season just simply ain’t true.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Still finding his place in a new league and in a new team. Think he may have been a bit overawed today tbh, which is understandable given who he was supposed to be supplying upfront. He's one for the long term. I suspect he'll have a quietish debut season but over the next few years, we'll really see his quality. He, Rashford, and Greenwood are gonna have a lot of fun playing together when they're out from under the shadows of Ronaldo and Cavani and are at full maturity & confidence.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He was not good again. Understandably he is lost. Still so early that he could go either way.

The opportunity was perfect for him - Ronaldo in, Rashford out awhile, Martial out of form, left side all his. He is off to a terrible start but 3 games is nothing lets hope he improves as a 5.5 out of 10 is an improvement on his poor start.

WPMUFC

I think he had a cracking game. it's not sancho at "full flight" yet, but some of the passing and positioning was great. When we were looking like we had no answer to newcastle 9 men defence i thought some of his quick passing, getting around the box and making things happen was going to be our only chance of getting a shot on target.

Very pleased with what I saw.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Was ok. Very involved in our attack but still too many unforced errors. Love it that he gets the ball and inmediately faces the defender. Also in CR7's second goal, his run was vital for opening up the gap for ronnie to score

RUCK4444

He was more involved today, some nice dynamic runs.

With time he will gel with the team and improve further. Needs to link more with the likes of Bruno, he comes alive with some incisive one-two’s, that’s his game.

Abraxas

Weird people saying he was terrible/poor when he hardly had any mistakes and was constantly double/triple teamed while still looking to make things happen and being tidy on the ball
I guess he didn't make any terrible mistakes but he didn't exploit situations in the best way. The radar was a little off prior to the nice little pass to Shaw just before he came off. Treating the ball like a hot potato at times, then at others dilly dallying a bit too long. Just all the signs of nerves combined with a bit of eagerness to impress but in general the way he carries the ball suggests quality.

Bondi77

He was decent today and it is good that Ronnie is the centre of attention at the moment so he will get time to adjust.
It would not surprise me to see Mason rested and Sancho to start on the right midweek.

lex talionis

I think he had a cracking game. it's not sancho at "full flight" yet, but some of the passing and positioning was great. When we were looking like we had no answer to newcastle 9 men defence i thought some of his quick passing, getting around the box and making things happen was going to be our only chance of getting a shot on target.

Very pleased with what I saw.
Agreed. It’s sad to see Sancho getting run down by supporters already.

Mr PG

I’m thrilled with Sancho. Ball control, decision making and final ball are all there. Just needs a link up partner in the team to play the give n go with.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll be excellent for us. He's 21 and made a huge step up in terms of league when it comes to attacking players. I like the signs we saw yesterday.

pogs

He was the only player with a purposeful off the ball movement bar Ronaldo when we had the ball. Besides his tempo was always a half pace fast, be it dribbling or passing. I think he had a cracking game, he did not just show "signs". Other players could not match his tempo and ideas in tight spaces.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Wasn’t great but I thought he was tidy and worked hard. Unfortunate touch and maybe should have let the ball roll on to his left side for that shot in the first half.

Hopefully he gets a run out on Wednesday and nets one to help build his confidence.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He'll be excellent for us. He's 21 and made a huge step up in terms of league when it comes to attacking players. I like the signs we saw yesterday.
Yeah he had very good game. So comfortable on the ball, shame others were not on his wavelength. He tried to play one twos but barely got return pass, when he received the ball he played quick passes. That one moment where he played Shaw with perfect weighted ball is something we should see a lot.

copen1945

He is English and came through a youth system in England. He was expected to need little break-in period, so his performance has been disappointing. He is a great talent and will come good, hopefully.

TempusFugit

Now i'm certain he has the pace and the technique to make it here. He seemed a bit nervous today, made a few mistakes. He also has to learn to deliver the ball quickly, you can see he's still too used to passing the ball to his team mate's feet just like in Dortmund. He needs to be bolder, take more risks and he will make it here because his talent is clear to see. We should start him against Young Boys, he'll get a goal or an assist and then open the floodgates!!!

jeepers

It is clear he is still learning how his teammates play and vice versa. Some of his movement is a little awkward and unsure because he’s still settling in. Once he gets up to pace of the league, and gels with the rest of the team better, we’ll see a much better Sancho, I’m sure of it.

LoneStar

The guy will probably need a bit of time to get used to playing with his new teammates. His passing and 1-2s are totally out of sync with other players, might need to be patient with this one.

Good thing is we have Greenwood in hot form, and Rashford/Lingard/Martial who are able to fill in for him. I hope Ole gives him the fill 90 in the CL this week though.

Renegade

Hopefully he starts the UCL. Change of pace will help him. Patience with this lad. It will be worth it .

Mentality Monsters

I thought he looked much better and more settled today. Very comfortable on the ball, good control and passing, he'll only get better. Looks like that shot was heading for the corner too before it was blocked. More minutes in the Champions League will help.

Still waiting to see what he as over someone like James. Early days.
Okay I'll bite. When you have a team like Newcastle completely contesting their third of the pitch, you need intricate players like Sancho, players comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces, to unlock them. Not someone like James who needs acres of space to run into to be able to operate.

Last edited:

Mickson

I think he was the best of all our attacking players in the general play. He is still finding his feet and most importantly: his fitness. He is only going to get better and better.

Marwood

Still waiting to see what he as over someone like James. Early days.
You can't be serious. Even not playimg all that well it's immediately obvious what he has over James soon as he touches the ball.

SAF is the GOAT

Jadon still needs to get used to the league and the pace and build some fitness.

We had one counter attack that he tried to run as fast as he could in order to participate in that attack and he tried really hard to catch his breath after that sprint he gave.

He has to make decisions a lot faster now and make the right decision because the PL is a lot faster, more physical, more aggressive.

Litch

Thought he looked good but Ole has some tough decisions to make when everyone is fit. Love Greenwood but in Ole trying to shoehorn him into the team, Sancho is playing on the left where we have Rashford, Martial and even Pogs at times.

Eddy_JukeZ

Thought he looked good but Ole has some tough decisions to make when everyone is fit. Love Greenwood but in Ole trying to shoehorn him into the team, Sancho is playing on the left where we have Rashford, Martial and even Pogs at times.
Greenwood does not deserve to get dropped at the moment though.

When Rashford returns, then Ole has a pickle. For me, Rashford has to start, but he is a polarizing player on this forum.

SoCross

He got better as the game went on. Still not a 100% fit for me. Passes are a touch short or too much on, looking forward to him settling down! Provides something different from all of our front men. Him, Ronaldo and Rashford are a tasty trio.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have good squad and we play twice a week. With good rotation, everyone should get good enough game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.