g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

Bruno on the wing is a temporary solution as we need hard working winger there. Sancho probably isn't the answer.

Now Sancho vs Bruno in Central position is a different debate.

I quite like this setup tbh, we look well balanced occupying that right side as Rashford has more space on the left.
At the moment, Ten Hag is showing us that talented players don’t necessarily have so fixed position to be of use. Rashford is scoring regularily from three different positions. Weghorst becomes a no 10 at Nou Camp. Shaw is a centre back.

Bruno has done well from the right, centrally and the left, and Sancho has also been played across the board. I think with Rashford, Sancho, Bruno and Martial all fit (haha) and firing, we have enormous positional flexibility up front.

It was lovely seeing Sancho enjoying himself at no 10 today (where was Sunak?), yet it is important to note that it’s a joy coming on as a sub for Utd these days, meeting worn out defenders and open spaces.

meamth

When people say he is a baller, that was exactly how a baller should play.

Snappy one twos, first time pass and shots, Jadon is seriously good.

darko1963

And bench Bruno?

People talk about this player and that player being good in no 10 (potentially) while forgetting that we already have one of the best no 10 playing for us already.
With Bruno wastefulness he's not even close to be one of the best no 10. Bruno stats are product of massive number of tries and that work with teams we are dominating but Bruno will always be liability in big games where ball is hard to keep and even harder to get back. He's simply wrong no 10 for teams that want to play possession based dominant game. Seem to me that Ten Hag thinks the same as he recently start moving Bruno to the right and trying other players in that position. With Subitizer covering second midfield position I expect Eriksen soon get chance as no 10 and expect him to be much more suitable for that position then Bruno.

bringbackbebe

With Bruno wastefulness he's not even close to be one of the best no 10. Bruno stats are product of massive number of tries and that work with teams we are dominating but Bruno will always be liability in big games where ball is hard to keep and even harder to get back. He's simply wrong no 10 for teams that want to play possession based dominant game. Seem to me that Ten Hag thinks the same as he recently start moving Bruno to the right and trying other players in that position. With Subitizer covering second midfield position I expect Eriksen soon get chance as no 10 and expect him to be much more suitable for that position then Bruno.
Very often in these sort of games, it's actually Bruno who makes the incisive pass to trigger a counter.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
They didn't 'get rid of him'. He wanted to leave and refused to sign a new contract, so they sold him rather than lose him for free a year later.
Thanks for clarifying. Yes "got rid" wasn't quite accurate. More like they were content to let him go and they got £11mil when Dortmund sold him to you.

Idxomer

His ability to find players in good shooting positions with his short passing is probably the best in our squad.

saivet

Thanks for clarifying. Yes "got rid" wasn't quite accurate. More like they were content to let him go and they got £11mil when Dortmund sold him to you.
City didn't really have a choice though. It's similar to how we lost Pogba under SAF, we would have liked to have kept him but ultimately Pogba wanted to leave and get more first team football.

Sancho was sold in January with 6 months left on his scholarship for City, having turned down a professional contract at City.

City were content because they didn't have much of a choice, otherwise they would have kept him for 6 more months, not gave him a minute and he'd have signed for Dortmund for free.

Strelok

he'd have signed for Dortmund for free.
Or for United. If my memory serves me right we were interested in him back then. So City sold him to Dortmund.

Anyway came here to say I'm glad for him. The goals must be a massive confidence boost for him which he really needs.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Has anyone seen this post on reddit from when it was rumored that Ten Hag would be United next manager and the guy predicted how he'd turn Sancho into a number 10 and play him in the middle. That post was incredible in the sense that this season has mostly played out how that poster predicted Ten Hag would fare and approach his tenure at United.

The guy had been following Ten Hag since his Eagles days, went in depth on how he turned things around at Utrecht then at Ajax and basically predicted how he'd shake things around at United and how certain players would be utilized by him to maximize their potential. He called Ten Hag moving Sancho centrally would be his most likely move.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has anyone seen this post on reddit from when it was rumored that Ten Hag would be United next manager and the guy predicted how he'd turn Sancho into a number 10 and play him in the middle. That post was incredible in the sense that this season has mostly played out how that poster predicted Ten Hag would fare and approach his tenure at United.

The guy had been following Ten Hag since his Eagles days, went in depth on how he turned things around at Utrecht then at Ajax and basically predicted how he'd shake things around at United and how certain players would be utilized by him to maximize their potential. He called Ten Hag moving Sancho centrally would be his most likely move.
You got a link? Would be interesting to read

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
City were content because they didn't have much of a choice, otherwise they would have kept him for 6 more months, not gave him a minute and he'd have signed for Dortmund for free.
City also knew that we were trying to sign him at the time, so that would have been an extra reason to sell to Dortmund rather than let him go on free and risk him coming to us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

This one?

Glorio

Comments like this :houllier:

Honestly Bruno is one of the most 'taken-for-granted' players I know. The man had 9 key passes, and it's a feature of his game. He is simply ridiculous.
On some days he'll lose a few but his ability to create chances for others is next level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Comments like this :houllier:

Honestly Bruno is one of the most 'taken-for-granted' players I know. The man had 9 key passes, and it's a feature of his game. He is simply ridiculous.
On some days he'll lose a few but his ability to create chances for others is next level.
It is, but there is also a reason why he's been moved out wide, brilliant player, but ETH doesn't want to lose the ball in the middle much
Bruno is brilliant and our best chance creator though, as we move to a team that dominates possession, its going to be imperative we have a 10 which retains possession and helps pin teams back

roonster09

Scout
It is, but there is also a reason why he's been moved out wide, brilliant player, but ETH doesn't want to lose the ball in the middle much
Bruno is brilliant and our best chance creator though
It's because our RWs are not good enough? Since Antony was injured, whoever has played as RW has been liability to the team.

Cassidy

It's because our RWs are not good enough? Since Antony was injured, whoever has played as RW has been liability to the team.
Sancho played 10 and Bruno RW... there has also been occasion Antony played 10 with Bruno on the right btw

Glorio

Bruno is brilliant and our best chance creator though, as we move to a team that dominates possession, its going to be imperative we have a 10 which retains possession and helps pin teams back
I think he's moved out to create a viable threat from the right when Antony is out. Either way, he's starting to shine in that position these days.

On Sancho though, absolutely brilliant. I think those two constantly swapping positions on the right will give defences all sorts of problems

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sancho to 10 might be the first Caf 'clamour' that actually happens.

Lindelof DM walked so Sancho 10 could run.

roonster09

Scout
Sancho played 10 and Bruno RW... there has also been occasion Antony played 10 with Bruno on the right btw
That's player movement and swapping positions. Sancho has played as 10, Antony in one game was subbed in as CF to press opponents and then moved to AM and then RW.

Player losing the ball is either a problem or not a problem, just playing few yards away from central position won't change that. Also players don't play fixed position, Bruno irrespective of his starting position always drifts wide like most attacking mids.

Mike Smalling

This one?

1), 4), and 5) are pretty much spot on. 3) is mostly wrong, but it does remind me of the running session post the Brentford loss. I don't think it was rumored to have led to complaint though? 2) is wrong at this point. The media seems to be fully onboard the ETH train.

Still, those are some very good predictions overall.

Cassidy

That's player movement and swapping positions. Sancho has played as 10, Antony in one game was subbed in as CF to press opponents and then moved to AM and then RW.

Player losing the ball is either a problem or not a problem, just playing few yards away from central position won't change that. Also players don't play fixed position, Bruno irrespective of his starting position always drifts wide like most attacking mids.
We're going to find out, probably more next season.

Nick7

Very good read. Thanks.

'I personally can't wait for him to finish all his sentences in English with 'hè'

One of the comments 10 months ago :lol:
The comment saying he speaks Dunglish made me laugh out loud.

Idxomer

I think he's quietly having a good season
He missed too much to say that right now but yeah he can easily end up having a good season. His attacking stats aren't bad for someone who went on hiatus for more than 3 months.

MUFC OK

I recall that those who suggested Sancho could play number 10 were laughed out of here. He has all of the attributes.

SAFMUTD

Ten Hag has restored my faith in Sancho. He might actually come good after all.

jeff_goldblum

Bringing Sancho inside makes so much sense given his skill-set. He's great in tight spaces, both on the ball and in terms of playing off others and he's a lot quicker over short distances than he is over a longer sprint. He's far more useful popping up in the middle to play quick passes than he is stuck out on the wing running at fullbacks.

Olecurls99

Bringing Sancho inside makes so much sense given his skill-set. He's great in tight spaces, both on the ball and in terms of playing off others and he's a lot quicker over short distances than he is over a longer sprint. He's far more useful popping up in the middle to play quick passes than he is stuck out on the wing running at fullbacks.
Yep. Exactly

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah I like him at No. 10 and Bruno is doing well on the right. Time for Weghorst to be a bench option I think. OK, he holds the ball up a bit, but not sure that is so very important.

Blood Mage

His skillset suits a no.10 role much more than a wide role for sure. He plays a lot like Mata at times.

Jeffthered

Hmmm. I would say let's just wait and see. I'm not sure he's a No 10. I don't see him bringing the game together like an Ericksen, KDB, Odegaard...these players get on the ball, and have a balance about the game..pick the ball up from anywhere on the park, set the tempo and also have that match-winning ability. Not sure Jadon is this... I think ETH is just getting him away from that isolated role out wide. Help build his confidence.

Juan Mata at United is no example to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.