g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Well.. as I said, he is not there to start as No 10 against any decent team yet.
Yeah I'm not convinced by it either, maybe as an option against weaker teams in the league or cup. Still an option but not a good performance from him tonight.

Think he probably should start in the final on Sunday as I think he'll be a better option than Weghorst and a better option to start than Garnacho.

The United

It is, but there is also a reason why he's been moved out wide, brilliant player, but ETH doesn't want to lose the ball in the middle much
Bruno is brilliant and our best chance creator though, as we move to a team that dominates possession, its going to be imperative we have a 10 which retains possession and helps pin teams back
The reason is most likely that teams would open up against us in the second half, and Bruno, being on the wing, would have more time to do more damage to kill the game. And that probably gives us a chance to see if Sancho can be a good 10.

El Jefe

I thought his performance against Chelsea is as pathetic as it could get but today will go down in history as the most pathetic game I've seen from a United player.

Players have had worse games and made higher profile mistakes but his performance today just reeks of a player that doesn't have what it takes to wear the shirt. I've always been team Sancho but he lost me today. He'll never make it here because he doesn't have the heart or mentality for it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Aaron Lennon was better. One of the worst players i ever seen

saivet

I thought his performance against Chelsea is as pathetic as it could get but today will go down in history as the most pathetic game I've seen from a United player.

Players have had worse games and made higher profile mistakes but his performance today just reeks of a player that doesn't have what it takes to wear the shirt. I've always been team Sancho but he lost me today. He'll never make it here because he doesn't have the heart or mentality for it.
Here comes the hyperbole...

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
He just can't get any consistency together. Looks great one game then completely different the next. Puzzling but ultimately has not shown enough.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Harsh critics in here tonight, he wasn’t good though

PSV

Tempo struggles, but keep in mind he's just coming back and Barca isn't exactly the gentlest of reintroductions.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Done with him, he's not going to make it here and we should accept it.

Loan him out next season, I'm sure a few clubs a tier below United would be interested in him. If he does well then we can sell him for a higher fee next summer than we could this summer.

Doesn't seem to have the mental strength to cope with the pressure of playing for a club like United. Just a shadow of his former Dortmund self.

edcunited1878

Seems like he played through the middle today and was overmatched, which makes sense since he had to cope with Busquets and Arujo, who are clearly very good.

didn't perform well today, but this was arguably his most difficult match at United all things considered like opponent, his position, what was at stake...and that's okay. he's been really good since he's come back and it wasn't firing on all cylinders today.

The United

The energy in the middle with him and without him was very different. Not to mention the left wing in the second half.

I would keep using him as a sub in the second halves, to be honest. He would have some good moments once in a while, but they are not enough for us at this moment.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Bizarre. He was quiet for sure but he is still on the path back. I think he has loads more to offer in a United shirt.

Telsim

The people who want him as a 10 got their answer. Never again, please. Participated in the first goal at least, but was anonymous the rest of the time. My patience is running thin. It's like he is watching the game double speed. Completely lacks any intensity and tenaciousness whatsoever. Just compare him to the people around him.

arnie_ni

He had a bad game against probably one of the best 6s of all time in Busquets. I wouldn't read to much into it. On to the next one

kundalini

Very poor performance. Gave the ball away cheaply. Slow to press opponents. Asleep for Barca's big chance in the 2nd half when De Gea made a super save from a header.

Erics_Collar

I have no time for a player who doesn't want to be involved in a game and shows absolutely no sign of intent, desire, heart or motivation. Not for the first time either, it's a regular occurrence with him. No surprise that he looks good in preseason games as they are played at halfpace which is what he needs.

He should be ashamed of his fitness level, with access to some of the best fitness experts and facilities in the world. You could forgive it if he was bombing around the pitch, but there's just nothing there.

E-mal

He is so slow mentally.
Hopefully something just clicks for him.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What I don't get is how little physicality he has. Makes Mata look like Yaya Toure ffs.

Honestly, he has no muscle mass, like he's just skinny fat and has never seen the inside of a gym.

AnotherLondonManc

Can everyone just stop? The rhetoric around Sancho here is ridiculous. Yeah, he wasn't great today - but he's been bloody decent in his last few outings.

We were up against a very strong Barcelona team tonight. Not everyone is going to play a blinder. He's leaning a new role and he had an off day. And in any case, he wasn't THAT bad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Worryingly passive tonight. Looked a bit overawed. Couldn't find the spaces he wanted and found it tough to beat his man 1v1.

Vapor trail

It's a shame really because he seems like a really cool individual. The biggest concern is he's always off the pace not in the sense of being slow but almost like the game is passing him by irrespective of what time it is in the game. He's playing like he's pulling off in any gear outside the first two. The thing that's becoming clear with Jadon is it's not a quality problem it's a level problem.

The United

He had a bad game against probably one of the best 6s of all time in Busquets. I wouldn't read to much into it. On to the next one
But not just in the middle. He was pretty much nonexistent on the left wing as well.

And we kept saying we would not read too much into this kind of game, which he has more often than not in general, especially, when he starts.

FriedClams

Antony tries as hard as he can no matter how he is playing. Sancho appears to just drift out of games when things don’t come off and he offers zero intensity. Strange situation, but he doesn’t look like he’s enjoying himself at all.

Suv666

If these sort of performances continue till the end of this season, he should be sent packing. Simply not good enough.

El Jefe

This is the correct inference of his performance.
No that's an excuse. I lost count of the number of 50/50s he lost, in fact I think for a lot of them the odds were even better for him and he still lost out.

His performance had nothing to do with Busquets, he just didn't have the fight for it.

Sylar

The pattern continues. His performances since returning have been better as a sub than starting. Wouldnt be surprised if next game he comes on as a sub and is better

kidbob

Not his night tonight. Hopefully just a blip and he can find his best form with a few more games. Definitely still an important player for us in the next few months. Has all the ability in the World but just needs the attitude to match it.

saivet

The pattern continues. His performances since returning have been better as a sub than starting. Wouldnt be surprised if next game he comes on as a sub and is better
Problem for us is one of him or Garnacho should start but he has been similar in recent weeks. I think ETH will either go with Sancho or Weghorst from the start.

Prodigy24

Hope he can improve, was not good at all tonight. He just looks so slow and uninterested, kind of playing half-heartedly. It has to be a mentality and confidence issue but I'm not sure.

Pronewbie

Peep
Problem for us is one of him or Garnacho should start but he has been similar in recent weeks. I think ETH will either go with Sancho or Weghorst from the start.
Over time I can see why we were in the market for a LW. I still hope Sancho can somehow unlock the shackles because you just feel that there's a proper footballer in there, not just a world class futsal player.

saivet

Over time I can see why we were in the market for a LW. I still hope Sancho can somehow unlock the shackles because you just feel that there's a proper footballer in there, not just a world class futsal player.
Not sure we were? Thought ETH saw Gakpo as being a player to mould into a no.9, which Klopp has tried at times too.

I think aside from a no.9 ETH is probably satisfied with having Rashford, Garnacho, Antony and Sancho as his main wide options. I think him being able to play across the front line will help him under ETH, but he will have to step up sooner rather than later.

youngrell

Was off the pace tonight and DDG got him out of jail with the Kounde chance too.

Not sure why he had no sharpness but hopefully just a blip in his comeback to form.

Some opinions are way too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.