g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

Can we put him in a deal for Bellingham?
That idea should be explored.

Great managers are very rarely wrong about players are they, Pep didn't think he was worth fighting for.

He has all the tools but looks mentally weak to me. Maybe keep him as a squad option but no way he can be consider a first team regular now.

Baneofthegame

I honestly think some of the responses in here are mental, he's just come back and was thrust into this game, don't think it was his best, but I have high hopes about him in the future.

Lecland07

I'm not worried at all. Ten Hag will bring out the greatness.

I don't even think he was bad. He was just okay.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I really rate him on the ball. There's a few reasons for that.
However, off the ball he's so lethargic, I can see him being kicked out in the summer as ETH is building an energetic side and he's a misfit.

Kaos

That idea should be explored.

Great managers are very rarely wrong about players are they, Pep didn't think he was worth fighting for.

He has all the tools but looks mentally weak to me. Maybe keep him as a squad option but no way he can be consider a first team regular now.
I mean Chelsea fans have Mourinho to thank for KdB and Salah becoming world class players at rival clubs. Pep himself binned off Alexis Sanchez, Toni Kroos and Zlatan. Even Sir Alex let a few players go which he regrets.

criticalanalysis

I actually thought he had some good moments and movement in the middle. He played some decent passes and dropped deep taking the ball from our defenders when we were looking to play it in the congested areas. He has the intelligence to be a playmaker in the central areas.

However, his athletic stamina or lack thereof of it, is still an issue. When he receives the ball when we have had it for periods and/or he wasn't doing a high intensity sprint previously, I usually find him to be really smart and progressive with the ball. The issue is that our game in general involves a lot of box to box running and counter pressing.

I don't really care that he doesn't have elite pace to beat players in a kick and run fashion, which tbh is a big ability to have. What I mind most is that his stamina levels are poor and a big reason why his contribution is inconsistent as his body can't cope with being on his toes, needing that burst of 1-2 yard pace etc to find that light touch/dribble.

My previous post noted that the future version of ETH's Utd will probably mean, we will be dominating the ball and will require less box to box and more subtlety, which should suit Sancho's game. I still believe he has an elite asset in his game that we should be able to utilise but I think he massively needs to work on his training fitness.

T_Model101

I feel there is somewhat of a mental block for him, God knows whether that is a hangover from playing with a narcissistic Ronaldo.
But at times he jujust doesn't look like he has the fight in him

Devil81

I mean Chelsea fans have Mourinho to thank for KdB and Salah becoming world class players at rival clubs. Pep himself binned off Alexis Sanchez, Toni Kroos and Zlatan. Even Sir Alex let a few players go which he regrets.
I said rarely, there are a few cases obviously.

Which you've proven very well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's just been very timid in his time at the club thus far. I'm still hoping he reaches the level that we hoped he would reach with united. But I have to say he's underwhelmed in his time with the club thus far.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I actually thought he had some good moments and movement in the middle. He played some decent passes and dropped deep taking the ball from our defenders when we were looking to play it in the congested areas. He has the intelligence to be a playmaker in the central areas.

However, his athletic stamina or lack thereof of it, is still an issue. When he receives the ball when we have had it for periods and/or he wasn't doing a high intensity sprint previously, I usually find him to be really smart and progressive with the ball. The issue is that our game in general involves a lot of box to box running and counter pressing.

I don't really care that he doesn't have elite pace to beat players in a kick and run fashion, which tbh is a big ability to have. What I mind most is that his stamina levels are poor and a big reason why his contribution is inconsistent as his body can't cope with being on his toes, needing that burst of 1-2 yard pace etc to find that light touch/dribble.

My previous post noted that the future version of ETH's Utd will probably mean, we will be dominating the ball and will require less box to box and more subtlety, which should suit Sancho's game. I still believe he has an elite asset in his game that we should be able to utilise but I think he massively needs to work on his training fitness.
This. He doesn't seem to handle high intensity, whether that is physical or mental issue I don't know.
Can't blame the club for going for him, it might not work in the end but that's how it is.
I do think it's worth to keep him for another season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's just been very timid in his time at the club thus far. I'm still hoping he reaches the level that we hoped he would reach with united. But I have to say he's underwhelmed in his time with the club thus far.
It was strange tonight, he looked nervous and a bit cautious on the ball, which caused him to fluff passes he normally completes.

If he had Antony or Garnacho's arrogance and mentality I think he'd be unreal, but he's too comfortable just being a part of the match whether he imposes himself or not.

Strats

Was hoping he was going to be full of confidence after his performance the last game.

He was awful, but perhaps it’s hard to find consistency in performances after being out for as long as he has been.

I truly hope he makes it here.

Pronewbie

Peep
I feel there is somewhat of a mental block for him, God knows whether that is a hangover from playing with a narcissistic Ronaldo.
No... I recall Ronaldo having to always egg him on to quicken the pace of his game in a positive way. It's a Sancho thing.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's just got to do better.

He just doesn't do enough. You always want more from him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Seems to be a bit inconsistent, maybe it’s a confidence thing.

That goal against Leicester was amazing, need more of that.

Cathy Ferguson

He is good on the ball but not great. He lacks pace and stamina. I doubt he will become a regular starter for an ETH side. He demands more from his wide players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was strange tonight, he looked nervous and a bit cautious on the ball, which caused him to fluff passes he normally completes.

If he had Antony or Garnacho's arrogance and mentality I think he'd be unreal, but he's too comfortable just being a part of the match whether he imposes himself or not.
Completely agree. He just doesn't seem to have that arrogance on the pitch and hence the game seems to pass him by.

OverratedOpinion

It is odd how much better he is currently looking as a sub. I still have huge hope for him but I think maybe with Antony back that will be his role for a little bit.

Just odd as usually players who excel as subs are those who are maybe lacking technique but are very explosive which is the opposite of jadon.

Bobski

There is no dog in him. Good technical player, some lovely skills but some moments are too big for him. Antony just back from injury but had no worries about him as he has that cocky ego that means he will not be phased by the occasion.

The United

It is odd how much better he is currently looking as a sub. I still have huge hope for him but I think maybe with Antony back that will be his role for a little bit.

Just odd as usually players who excel as subs are those who are maybe lacking technique but are very explosive which is the opposite of jadon.
To be fair though almost all of our subs seem like getting better whenever they come on nowadays. The team and ETH are getting better at how to manage the game in the second half.

OverratedOpinion

To be fair though almost all of our subs seem like getting better whenever they come on nowadays. The team and ETH are getting better at how to manage the game in the second half.
True, I suppose I just don't really understand why as much with Sancho. Everything about his game when he is playing well just seems like it would be so sustainable over 90 minutes because so much of when he does well is to do with his positioning, passing and technique.

He isn't like a young Adama who will just explode past tired players again and again in the last 20 minutes.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I honestly think some of the responses in here are mental, he's just come back and was thrust into this game, don't think it was his best, but I have high hopes about him in the future.
Exactly, he had some good moments of the play where I thought yeah, this is his position. 10H just need to work on his aggression, if that is applicated then I have no doubt everything else will come together because he's very talented player..

3KDré

Honestly, I think since he is coming back we want to believe he has been a lot better but he hasn't to be honest. He looks fitter, yes, but that's about it. I just think ultimately he's not a United forward. Just look at Garnacho, Rashford, Bruno even Weghorst, Martial and Antony have so much more fight in them than he has.

sammyhol

I think there is still a lot of straw clutching here, looking for positives….

he just isn’t that good. And a couple decent seasons in Germany doesn’t necessarily mean there is a monster just waiting to break out and find form….

just ask Henrik and Shinji.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Still not seeing this supposed new fitness he's picked up from the time out.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m still willing to clutch at a few straws and believe this guy is going to deliver. General very poor tonight.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He was dreadful tonight, maybe give him a pass for the first half playing 10 but even on the wing in the second half he was Terrible, he’s got no intensity or fight.

Anthony very rarely loses the ball and will fight for everything, even if he doesn’t get past people often; garnacho has speed and is direct and will run at people. Sancho has neither of these, he’s just a pretty footballer who constantly gives the ball away.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Dare I say it but he has shades of Pogba in him. Clearly got the talent like Pogba had but I'm never fully convinced he's got the heart for it.

Good to have options on the wing though. Competition for places can only be a good thing.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why can’t he just try a bit harder? It’s really not a lot to ask. Zero intensity.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I really rate him on the ball. There's a few reasons for that.
However, off the ball he's so lethargic, I can see him being kicked out in the summer as ETH is building an energetic side and he's a misfit.
There was one point he got the ball in a great position on the counter and slowed it all down instead of knocking it on like you’d expect Garnacho or Rashford to do. Seemed very timid play.

gormless

Dare I say it but he has shades of Pogba in him. Clearly got the talent like Pogba had but I'm never fully convinced he's got the heart for it.

Good to have options on the wing though. Competition for places can only be a good thing.
I see what you mean, but with Pogba I would call some of his on pitch work lazy. With Sancho I think he is overawed and scared.

UpWithRivers

Every forward player was poor in the first half. They got a soft pen against the run of play and goals change games. Barca gained confidence, didnt need to push so could sit back a bit and control the game. Sancho did ok. Some nice passes and put in a shift but it was tough going against Busquets and De Jong when they were 1 goal up. He has also just come back from what 3/ months out. He is not there but he is doing ok

PoTMS

He looks on the same level of Weghorst. They both should be playing for Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.