Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
Bruno should’ve squared it for Jadon. Would’ve been a great springboard for the rest of the season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bruno should’ve squared it for Jadon. Would’ve been a great springboard for the rest of the season.
Our players are at times too selfish - especially Rashford and Bruno

but feck it this is a day of joyyy

The Kag

Our players are at times too selfish - especially Rashford and Bruno

but feck it this is a day of joyyy
Sancho looked like he was beyond Bruno for pretty much the entire counter, no? He went far too early. Perhaps I'm misremembering it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was a bit crap again today in his ten minutes to be honest, giving the ball away and weak
He was. That moment where the ball got played down the channel and he lost the duel so weakly despite being in a good position summed up his issue.

But it’s fine - it’s just a 10 min cameo when we’re holding on and sitting back. Look forward to seeing his next few games

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was offside for about entire attack, quite amazing really that he didn't realise that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He was. That moment where the ball got played down the channel and he lost the duel so weakly despite being in a good position summed up his issue.

But it’s fine - it’s just a 10 min cameo when we’re holding on and sitting back. Look forward to seeing his next few games
Yes, maybe I want him to do well so much I get even more frustrated watching him, he needs some of Anthony’s grit and determination. Hopefully game by game he will get stronger and more determined.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wasn't good today but also today really isn't the scenario for him, doesn't matter much ultimately. He's a player you want on when we're attacking. Sitting deep where we need runners to just get in behind on the counter or hold up the ball to relieve pressure, that's not him.

hobbers

Couldn't because he was offside the entire way. Baffling and scary lack of awareness from Sancho.

Not to say that was why Bruno didn't play it to him of course, probably would have brainfarted regardless.

Real Name

Couldn't because he was offside the entire way. Baffling and scary lack of awareness from Sancho.

Not to say that was why Bruno didn't play it to him of course, probably would have brainfarted regardless.
Is it really that drammatic?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That counterattack was quite terrible, I was initially frustrated with Bruno taking the shot but upon looking at the replay it was clear he did that because Sancho was offside all the time. This is very distinct pure lack of awareness which has no place in a team that thrives on the counter.

He's in this phase right now where he will play very well for 20-25 minutes and you'll feel that he's turning a corner but he will almost without fail follow that up with a complete stinker of a performance. It's still way better than his first 1.5 years where he did not even have these short bursts of promising play but it's still far from what you'd want to see.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder if he never performed in the Bundesliga if he would be treated the same.

Players like AWB get so much hate being called a championship player constantly whilst Sancho gets a lot of love and affection for absolutely nothing.

I still hope he comes good but don’t really see it in him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I wonder if he never performed in the Bundesliga if he would be treated the same.

Players like AWB get so much hate being called a championship player constantly whilst Sancho gets a lot of love and affection for absolutely nothing.

If he weren't a £75m signing that came from Dortmund with hype we'd be selling him to Everton or Villa in the Summer, based on his play here.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
My biggest problem with Sancho is his strength where he is too often shoved off the ball or physically bullied, he doesn't need to suddenly get really strong but learn how to use his body more efficiently but still he doesn't have a lot of football under his belt for such a long lay off so he does need time.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Despite knowing he's slow... For some reason I continue to be shocked by just how slow he is when it's demonstrated on the pitch.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Wasn't good today but also today really isn't the scenario for him, doesn't matter much ultimately. He's a player you want on when we're attacking. Sitting deep where we need runners to just get in behind on the counter or hold up the ball to relieve pressure, that's not him.
Yeah I thought we should've gone for Elanga if his job was only to help defensively and be a threat on the counter tbh.

Strange comment. We paid a lot of money because of how he performed in the Bundesliga. I don't think it was a particularly bad business, certainly looked like the next best thing when leaving Dortmund.

The bolded part is so 2021. Although even then I am not sure if there was so much love for Sancho. I think since he started playing for us most people had doubts if he can handle EPL. This remains an open question to this day, yesterday only reinforces that really.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Obviously not. When you achieve as much as Sancho did at such a young age, you get a certain amount of leeway. And Sancho was truly exceptional not only in Bundesliga but also in CL.

Question is, how long is too long to sign him off completely… Personally I’d wait until the end of the season given the soft restart that he had with that individual training. But yeah, so far he had barely shown even glimpses of his previous form for us and it’s been 1,5 seasons already.

hobbers

Is it really that drammatic?
yeh I think it is. It’s a 2 vs 0 counter attack and he doesn’t have the thought to check his position once. He’s an elite level forward there is no excuse for it.

Didnt cost the team anything this time, but if it had it would be diabolical.

Real Name

yeh I think it is. It’s a 2 vs 0 counter attack and he doesn’t have the thought to check his position once. He’s an elite level forward there is no excuse for it.

Didnt cost the team anything this time, but if it had it would be diabolical.
There you go, doubling it. :lol:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
My problem with him is I don't know how to utilize him from the start of the game.
Wings? He isn't much of a threat because he's not explosive like Olise, Saint-Maxim etc. He has the trickery and good touch but that is useful when we're playing against teams sitting deep. It's also easier to pin teams back when they need to worry about the likes of Rashford.

Central position/#10? Offensively he's well suited to that role, but his work rate off the ball is missing. He doesn't seem to sense danger as well, just strolls around midfield areas.

Striker/false 9, I don't think so. I don't think this is the way forward for the team anyway.

As talented as he is, I think we should consider selling him if he can't improve on his mentality/fitness by the end of the season. I think we might get some decent money for him still.
I would also be ok if he stays but I don't think ETH trusts him much. Yesterday he went for Antony from the start, even though he just got back from injury.

Bwuk

Honestly im so curious as to what happened with Sancho. Seems like an open secret among footballers but none of us seem to know.

Just glad he seems better!
I'm happy with it being that. If he's happy for his friends/colleagues knowing whatever has been the issue, then great.

Not everyone needs to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.