5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M16Red

This thread reads like the Rashford thread last season.

We are all human, once his gets into a good place he'll be a dangerous player.

This question mark about his speed keeps coming up. Is it his athletic ability to sprint 40m or 60m and be fast or is it a combination of outright sprint speed multiplied by the number of them he'd be expected to do in a 90 minutes match?

Or is it his mental reaction time to act while a team mate is ready or to avoid an incoming player?

If it's his outright sprint speed, I find it hard to believe that a young man whose job is based on physical performance can't significantly improve this area of his game.
It looks like he's not very fast to me. When he goes past a player i.e reaction time nothing to do with it, he looks like he's running in treacle half the time. Just an armchair expert opinion here but he has very short strides.

crossy1686

career ending
Or we need to change the system to suit his game.
We don't.

It's nonsense that you have to make sweeping changes to systems to get the best out of one player. Good players improve whatever systems they're dropped in to. The problem with Sancho is Sancho himself, and if we need to change the system to 3 in the midfield behind him and an overlapping RB just to get a tune out of him then Sancho is still the problem, not the 4 players we have to change to get the best out of him.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
We don't.

It's nonsense that you have to make sweeping changes to systems to get the best out of one player. Good players improve whatever systems they're dropped in to. The problem with Sancho is Sancho himself, and if we need to change the system to 3 in the midfield behind him and an overlapping RB just to get a tune out of him then Sancho is still the problem, not the 4 players we have to change to get the best out of him.
I agree. It seems like some are so desperate to blame everything/everyone else for his poor performances. He's been at Utd almost two years now and has shown basically no improvement. Yes you can argue there are big problems in the team etc, but individual players can still show something and make their mark. Look at Garnacho - younger than Sancho but in many ways has already shown more drive and promise at Utd. You don't need to be playing with Cafu behind you and Scholes beside you to look like a PL level player.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A good week for him. Thought he was decent on Wednesday and he was good today. Looking more threatening and finally finding some form in terms of penetration and end product. Very good vision for the goal.

Sylar

His passing around the box is really helpful esp in games where opposition try to crowd the box. Played really well esp first half. Best I've seen him play in ages.

We look better with him instead of wout and that's obvious

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Definitely a player in there, did very well. Think he's going to show some fine form as the team is fit.

Telsim

A standout performance for the first time since he joined. Let's hope it carries on.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good to see him improving, hopefully we see more of him from now on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very good peformance. His ability to find a man in the box with a short accurate pass is unique.

justboy68

Much more like it today! Liked what we saw, he seemed more adventurous and confident in his play and loved the through ball for the goal, hopefully much more to come.

Walters_19_MuFc

The pass that led to McTominay's goal is Sancho in a nutshell. If he has runners, he will play those cute little passes.

5 key passes today, too. Good game!

zaafi

Excellent today! Really liked what I saw, and seems he benefit much more when we're playing controlled as a collective.

Olecurls99

Our most creative player from 25 yards out. We need this guy and will need him more and more as the years go by.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I'm finally understanding what he brings to the team which is quite different from what he brought to Dortmund. His short and quick passes in the final third are a joy to watch when they come off. His vision to identify those narrow windows of opportunity will make a huge difference once we have a natural finisher in addition to Rashford.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His passing into the box and vision in those spaces is elite... Just needs to have the confidence to do it in tougher games

Superunknown

First game from him in a long time where I enjoyed his overall game. Hope he performs like this more often.

Idxomer

He's a hard worker despite looking physically weak most of the time.

Another good performance from him.

In Rainbows

Very good peformance. His ability to find a man in the box with a short accurate pass is unique.
He has clarity in the box. We need to put him in those positions more often and he needs to try to find himself in those positions more often. Not the specific location, but just being in those potential dangerous situations for the opposition.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Sancho has no future at United. I think we should cut lost, Garnacho will be XI once he is fit. There is no place for Sancho, he would excel in German or Italian or Spanish league but not EPL. If anyone offer 35 million, I would sell him immediately.

-Supreme-

He’s got a great vision and composed in the final third, very capable of playing combination football that not many in our squad are able to except for Martial and Antony.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sancho has no future at United. I think we should cut lost, Garnacho will be XI once he is fit. There is no place for Sancho, he would excel in German or Italian or Spanish league but not EPL. If anyone offer 35 million, I would sell him immediately.
What planet are you on. Strange post given his performance today was pretty good.

lex talionis

Perhaps, but an odd post to put up after Sancho put in an excellent performance today.

There’s no guarantee Garnacho won’t dream of going to Real or Barcelona, so let’s not kick Sancho onto the curb just yet.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't think he is a winger. Will repeat it because it's true: he is not suited for the English game as of right now.

Woziak

No Doubt you wanted Marcus sold for £40m last year as well ?

That first half was probably the best he's played for us. He played with a lot more aggression on and off the ball, which I really think was key to the performance. Great interplay in dangerous positions and some brilliant vision and weight of pass around the box.

Fell off a bit second half but definitely much better.

El-Manos

He was very good in the first half today. He’s had better games for us despite what peiple are saying

Swedish_Plumber

Consistency is key for us as a team, but more so with him. This has to be a base level performance. Kept the ball well, won it back a few times and played a great pass for a goal.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's got more intelligence than fans give him credit for. You can see when he is at the edge of the box that he is always evaluating the best outcome for a pass.

He's not a hollywood passer which bruno does so well, but his ability to find a gap through an already packed box is above most others

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It is no coincidence that the last two games we’ve played front foot, dominating the ball, rotating positions and possession rather than looking to play in transition and both him and Antony have looked much better.

Mindhunter

He was very composed today and finally looked like a cog in the machine instead of a part that was broken off earlier and welded back in. I also particularly liked his tracking back and defensive work.

Excellent vision to see McT's run and feed the ball to him. This type of quick 1-2 passing is key to unlock rigid defenses. Hope we can do more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.