g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Everton, West Ham , Villa please make a bid
Unfortunately there is no way we are selling him considering the wages he is on. We are stuck with him. I guess the only positive is that we didn't give him a 7 year contract.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's going down in the history books as Ole's worst signing. Yep, even worse than Slabhead.
Maguire at least had periods of good form.

Sancho still hasn't had one game where he's been good for the whole 90 minutes or even managed two somewhat acceptable performances in a row. Even Kagawa, Mata and Mkhitaryan managed that.

saivet

Don't think he was as bad as being made out. Thought he was fine in the first half but very poor in the time he was on in the 2nd half. Options are limited so need him to step up over the next few weeks as we don't have an alternative option while Garnacho and Rashford are out.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He doesn't run channels, meanwhile, Saka and Martinelli run them for days.
He doesn't cross, therefore, Rashford doesn't stay central anticipating a header and instead comes out to play off Sancho, leaving Rashford no where near dangerous areas.
He barely takes his man on, so he doesn't attract double-teams in order that we can have some space to exploit.
He's very slow to 50/50 and loose balls, as well as defensive transitions.

We've reached a point in which when he doesn't mess up we credit him. The bar is lowered to the point in which we see this as a good game, but the reality is that he was completely ineffective in a game vs. a team that conceded the ball to us all game.
Same crap different game

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah he's right up there now with worst Utd transfer of all time.

The lad looks totally lost on a football pitch.

E-mal

The guy is taking the piss. 350k and plays as though he is in a kick about with his mates. Lackadaisical and non-challant for someone on such ridiculous pay.

OL29

He’s woeful. I don’t think it’s due to a lack of trying but he just looks so unthreatening. Would love if we could sell him this summer but we’ll probably have to endure him for at least another season.

Erics_Collar

I said it very early in his first season with us that it looked like Everton got a better player in Demarai Gray at 1/35th of the price.

I was being a touch melodramatic at the time and using that comparison as a vehicle to illustrate how bad Sancho had been, but I could not look back and say I was clearly wrong about that.

This chap is simply the worst signing we've ever made. There is genuinely no difference between his impact on games and the impact we saw with players like Bebe, Obertan, Di Maria and other failed winger projects at the club.

The fact that he continues to get preferential treatment is astounding. He's been given the luxury of a hard reset and an undeserved starting place, and continues to amble around out of breath after minimal effort like he just doesn't care.

I keep saying, the signs were ominous when he chose to remain on holiday celebrating his transfer rather than report to preseason early with other players.

Telsim

The guy is taking the piss. 350k and plays as though he is in a kick about with his mates. Lackadaisical and non-challant for someone on such ridiculous pay.
I'd say it's precisely because of it. Giving 350k to a 21-year-old is certifiable. Everyone who gave the go ahead on this should be fired, if they haven't been.

Oranges038

No idea what the feck he's at.

Ruined almost every attack with his dicking about and couldn't be arsed getting back to defend.

What a joker.

Rustyspider13

I don't like to pile on our own players, but I think I lost faith in him today. Against such poor opposition he should've imposed himself. I've said before that he isn't the flying winger who will take people on, but he has the eye for a pass and makes good decisions in attack. He did none of those today. Maybe something will click someday and it'll all fall into place, but as a club I don't think United can stand still for him. A massive disappointment.

Stacks

Another Judge and Woody masterclass. Paying him 350k was perhaps one of the most baffling decisions. Will be nearly impossible to get rid of him at those wages unless we massively subsidise it.
I mean they went against BVB and fans demands to pay £120million so give them credit
It's just sad to me to see what Sancho has become at Man Utd. It's not his fault we spent a king's ransom on him. However, nobody can say the performances justify the spend. I am literally praying for Rashford and/or Garnacho to return. That should not be the case when you have a guy who used to dominate German football stats wise.
was quoted at £120mill
There's a reason he was let go from City. They know their stuff.
He was very young. bettet to judge on England peformances
Nope, no purple patch after Everton then.

Just shades of brown crap. Some days more brown than others.
racist

justboy68

I've never been so disappointed in a United signing after all the hype for 2 years. Last one was Di Maria but at least he was quality when he first came for a few months until it all fell apart. Falcao too although nowhere near as costly as this bloke. He's been given all the support in the world here and more chances than he deserves at this point.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Don't think he was as bad as being made out. Thought he was fine in the first half but very poor in the time he was on in the 2nd half. Options are limited so need him to step up over the next few weeks as we don't have an alternative option while Garnacho and Rashford are out.
He was that bad but you are right we have to hope he somehow gets better.

I felt the crowd were getting restless with him.

Superunknown

That's close to my assessment. It's clear that he's still low on confidence. But, the annoying thing for me is that he already had the ball in the net once in the first minute, and you'd have thought that this would buoy him and make him hungrier to get a goal or assist or do something in the game. His lack of confidence, his mentality, and his decision making all worry me. I fear that these three things are what is going to decide his time at United, rather than his ability. He's got the right manager I think in ETH and next season is make or break for him.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's not had 1 performance where he was truly amazing.

I'd get rid in the summer, but the reported wages he's on makes that a non-starter probably.

Abysmal performances.

OL29

This chap is simply the worst signing we've ever made. There is genuinely no difference between his impact on games and the impact we saw with players like Bebe, Obertan, Di Maria and other failed winger projects at the club.
Sancho hasn’t made half the impact in almost 2 seasons here that Di Maria made in his initial months.

fallengt

He's really shit huh. Giving young player, massive contract like nothing else matters, what could go wrong.
Fergie would've never allowed this signing to happen.

dove

Sancho hasn’t made half the impact in almost 2 seasons here that Di Maria made in his initial months.
Yea, I get the hate for him but he was fine for us for a while until he gave up for different reasons. Sancho has been nowhere near Di Maria levels.

Irwin99

What more is there left to say at this point? Looks a shadow of the player we thought we were getting. When he came to the club Ole was getting a lot of questions as to why he wasn't immediately starting and he just hasn't got going. Something is clearly up with the guy as his time here has been one of a constant struggle for form and fitness. Hope he gets it together but it's not looking good.

DomM

Another poor performance, so many bad passes and decisions, shouldn't be starting imo, maybe start Pellistri instead in the next game.

CloneMC16

This lad is really bad. I can't believe how much money we've wasted on him. Selling him will be next to impossible with how much we pay him. I hope we don't buy any more frauds from Dortmund.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
A waste of time. So soft, so timid, doesn’t want to track back and when he does it’s half hearted.
At one point he did and then when we broke he wasn’t even in the picture, he got left behind in defence, no effort what so ever. To see Antony going in hard and tackling on his own byline makes sanchos weakness every more glaring. Have some heart ffs, I’m fed up of hearing lack of confidence, you can still fight and sprint.

Big_Bro

Really don't recognise this guy anymore, not sure it's Sancho. Is this the same guy was tearing up Bundesliga with tricks, flicks, assists and competing with Haaland for goals?
Dortmund we need our money back.

Sylar

He seems scared to do anything when it's one on one, then at times he has no issue taking on a guy when there's another three defenders behind. It's really weird

atkar83

Really don't recognise this guy anymore, not sure it's Sancho. Is this the same guy was tearing up Bundesliga with tricks, flicks, assists and competing with Haaland for goals?
Dortmund we need our money back.
I never want a Bundesliga player again. Been burnt so many times. So many here were raving about him

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
There were reports he was late for training and making no effort in training within a few weeks of him signing. It seems to me he’s just a bit of a cnut. He was amazing at Dortmund, but it seems he just doesn’t even want to make it work at United,

hobbers

To be fair he's actually going down in the history books as the club's worst signing. Unless we somehow pull another Di Maria out of the hat and sell him for £45m somewhere sharpish.

Status
Not open for further replies.