5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

I'm in a difficult spot with him. I love his technical ability and he had some great moments today. But his decision making and lack of directness makes him a bit frustrating. I don't think he's very brave. There are moments where he gets into great shooting spots or opportunities to offload the ball, but he just seems a bit reluctant to take those chances. At this level, you need a player of his calibre to be more ballsy. I do think it can still be worked on.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He’s so slow. Takes an age to decide what he wants to do. Need more direct players who actually know what they want to do before they receive the ball. This boy would be best suited to a free style 5 a sided game.

criticalanalysis

Better but still seriously underwhelming.
This sort of.

A few times he played good balls or had good pieces of play but someone else then fecked it up afterwards. Likewise, it was someone's else good piece of play and then he did nothing with it also.

It's 'promising' but the bar is very low.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Thought that was his best overall performance for us. Much more involved.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He does a lot of things right, but when he has the ball at his feet in the box, he doesn't seem to know what to do, allowing the opposing defence to get back and regroup.

Jam

Don't know why he doesn't shoot quickly like that opportunity where he cut in. Just shoot! He is one of the best finishers in the team, so it is annoying.

However, I do think he was pretty good overall.
Probably confidence, he hesitates a lot for us even when he has time.

At Dortmund he was making split second decisions, and making the right decisions.

The United

Looks like putting a lot more efforts. But taking extra touches to the ball when he could have passed it the first time does my head in at times.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
STarting as a LAM/LW is his best position, we all knew that, are we ready to sacrifice Rashfords' best position as well? Think we should personally try him through the middle more, in a ''Pogba" role or instead of Bruno, he's too slow to get joy on the outside regularly but drifting out wide when we congest the middle with a bit of rotation in the game could be good. He's a fluid player and we should use that..

Abraxas

He did some good things when other players were close to him in support. Some nice lay offs and a bit more decisiveness than when he is isolating a full back and he never seems confident about the take on. I thought it was a fairly good outing today, particularly by his standards at United.

Bobski

I liked some of his movement today, coming to the ball then spinning, varying the outside runs with some cuts inside. However, the way Villa set up was very Bundesliga over the last 5 years, high lines, tons of space to move into.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He’s so slow. Takes an age to decide what he wants to do. Need more direct players who actually know what they want to do before they receive the ball. This boy would be best suited to a free style 5 a sided game.
This - he needs to move the ball quicker - whether that’s in his possession (dribbling forward) or passing I don’t mind, but do something

The United

STarting as a LAM/LW is his best position, we all knew that, are we ready to sacrifice Rashfords' best position as well? Think we should personally try him through the middle more, in a ''Pogba" role or instead of Bruno, he's too slow to get joy on the outside regularly but drifting out wide when we congest the middle with a bit of rotation in the game could be good. He's a fluid player and we should use that..
Are we ready to sacrifice Bruno's best position as well? The length people go to for this guy sacrificing two of the best players in the squad

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I noticed his trickery is totally ineffective from the wings, works better when he gets in some congested central zone. Lacks pace and agility on the wide.

Rustyspider13

The last 2 games he has gotten better. But he's still not quick enough in his decision making. The one time he decided to do something without overthinking led to his goal against Spurs. Needs pick up the pace and trust himself more.

edgecutter

It's better than what he's shown before, but it's still underwhelming and nowhere near good enough. It's bad that I want garnancho back instead of seeing our 70 million pound player.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Thought he looked to be growing in confidence.

HookedOnAPhelan

He gets in so many good positions, and does so little with it. Always seems to hesitate on what to do.

Decent performance though.

Stacks

Sacrifice arguably our best player Bruno for a player who has been largely ineffectual for 2 years here? Would be terrible management

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played well again i thought. Picking up some form at least, if nothing amazing, but decent. Very involved and helping to progress our play a lot, getting into the box a ton, but will need to turn it into creating chances for himself and others rather than just getting in threatening positions often

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Decent performance but had Rashford been on the left I feel the result would've been far more comfortable.

Red-17

It feels like he dribbles hard at someone and waits to see what the defender leaves open for him rather than just going at them and dictating the situation forcing the defender to react to what he wants to do. Garnacho is exactly the opposite and it makes a huge difference. Yes he loses the ball dribbling a lot if the defender makes the right play, but it is so much more dangerous.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He had a very good game today. He is played better today than any of the games he is scored in.

Abraxas

It feels like he dribbles hard at someone and waits to see what the defender leaves open for him rather than just going at them and dictating the situation forcing the defender to react to what he wants to do. Garnacho is exactly the opposite and it makes a huge difference. Yes he loses the ball dribbling a lot if the defender makes the right play, but it is so much more dangerous.
There's probably a time and place for both of those situations, I guess. Sancho does play with his head up which is usually a good thing. It comes down to taking the right options and having the confidence to execute it, at the moment he seems to pontificate on every choice. You have to be able to drive at defenders AND pick out runners to be a well rounded forward.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Played well again i thought. Picking up some form at least, if nothing amazing, but decent. Very involved and helping to progress our play a lot, getting into the box a ton, but will need to turn it into creating chances for himself and others rather than just getting in threatening positions often
Agreed

SATA

Needs to do this more.
Brilliant bit of skill to get past the player and made the right pass, Jadon was always capable of that. However that was very very poor from Eriksen after that and that resulting tame shot at the end

Malone_Post

He’s so unbelievably frustrating. Links up well, keeps the ball, has lovely balance and a great touch, gets into good positions then…nothing. The amount of good attacking situations that break down because he slows the play down, or plays the easy pass, or picks the wrong option. I don’t even think he was bad today, but at no point did I think he was going to actually produce a goal or an assist. He’s just neat and tidy and that’s about it.

Idxomer

Looks like putting a lot more efforts. But taking extra touches to the ball when he could have passed it the first time does my head in at times.
He has been working hard since coming back, he needs to release the ball quicker at times which could get him some assists.

Peelhead

Hopefully he'll continue in form right to the end of the season but having caught up with all the news it looks like both parties, club and sancho are wanting a break in summer whether a loan or permanent.

I was thinking the money would make it impossible and we would just have to wear the cost but who knows?!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sancho was much better today but I am continually surprised by how long it takes him to make up his mind to do things. Couple of times a first time ball from him would have had Rashy in. Seems to need the comfort blanket of a few touches every time. Quite Pogba like.

Kingdingaling

He looks like a player who you buy and then send him on loan for a couple years before bringing him back to see if he's of the required standard.

Hes's young and enthusiastic, but he is currently a player who needs more development than our aspirations can afford him.

OK for this season, but if genuinely attempting to win the league next season, he's got a long way to go to be back up at LB.

Don't dislike him, just feel he'd be better served getting permanent PT at a smaller PL club.
Ridiculous abbreviation!

Sancho was good today - I think he’s been sub par for a while so people now almost expect more from him than is reasonable imo.

Matt851

He was OK i think, but that's about it. I still think he does more in possession than Antony does but seems to get a lot more flak (presumably because of his lack of aggression without the ball)

city-puma

In general, a good performance. Worked really hard. I think he must improve his in-game concentration. When things don’t go his way, he tends to stop and have a reflection in mind? He really should just keep going no matter what. Be concentrated.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Needs to know when to pass and when to take on. Seems like he delays a lot of a passes and shots when he has the chance. Slowed down a good counter attack today. I think he still thinks it’s the bundesliga. We need him in top form.

Status
Not open for further replies.