5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

One of the more bizarre cases I've ever seen of a world class young player completely losing any magic he had, but yeah he's no better than any other bog standard mid/lower table winger. Like Demari Gray would have probably made a bigger impact this season than Sancho.

I know he clearly doesn't have the physical burst to attack defenders, but it's the dreadfully passive mentality that is more discouraging. He's so petrified of ever fecking up that he just ends up being pointless with little impact instead

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nobody is going to come close to matching Sancho's wages, so the idea he'll be sold is for the birds. Alexis Sanchez all over again.

After two seasons nothing suggests he will adapt to the pace and physicality of Premier League football.

Sancho will be great for someone, in the right system and right league. Doesn't feel like that will be Man Utd.

Kopral Jono

Woeful first half but actually quite decent after the break. Unlucky to have been subbed off for Garnacho but I understand the manager's thinking.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Nobody is going to come close to matching Sancho's wages, so the idea he'll be sold is for the birds. Alexis Sanchez all over again.

After two seasons nothing suggests he will adapt to the pace and physicality of Premier League football.

Sancho will be great for someone, in the right system and right league. Doesn't feel like that will be Man Utd.
Another Woodward masterstroke, that one.

Sancho was desperate to join United, had proven nothing in his career up to that point, and nobody else showed serious interest in him. The bargaining power was all on our side of the table - so WHY would he be given such massive wages? Makes no sense...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Another Woodward masterstroke, that one.

Sancho was desperate to join United, had proven nothing in his career up to that point, and nobody else showed serious interest in him. The bargaining power was all on our side of the table - so WHY would he be given such massive wages? Makes no sense...
Very little about our recruitment and wages policy makes any sense.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Very little about our recruitment and wages policy makes any sense.
You're not wrong, and I realize I'm preaching to the choir here - at times it feels like when I take over Liverpool in FM and intentionally make terrible decisions to send them plummeting down the leagues.

RedIan

Yet again didnt do enough. Looks like hes playing in second or third gear, compare to Garnacho who plays in to gear the whole time.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Sancho honestly feels like when you take an attacking mid and stick them on the wing. Not much difference between having bruno on the wing or sancho, if anything Bruno is more dangerous there.

I can't see how things improve for Sancho either, our fullbacks support the wingers but not in a constant overlapping way which is probably Ten Hags instructions so things won't improve there. He has good close control but in terms of shooting, creative passing, crossing, he just doesn't have it.

If we were not paying such ridiculous wages for him I'd keep him as an option in the squad, but with his wages I'd look to sell in the summer. Maybe a Dortmund would give us 50 mil for him.
This belongs in here, not the Casemiro thread.

Zoo

A defensive liability in the first half. Least you can do is work back with the opposition fullback. Been a massive letdown and it’s hard to see him ever coming good.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think he's been bad under Hag but he has been utterly uninspiring. Just no oomph in his game.

OrcaFat

He is playing like a shit Grealish, no penetration, no energy, unambitious passing, and a coward when it comes to physical challenges. He just doesn't have the mentality to perform here. No point wasting more time on him.
I can’t see any similarity to Grealish.

KjaAnd

I've had enough of him. He's cronically unable to beat his man, as lazy as they come and pulls out of every single challenge. I can tolerate a lot but not even prentending to give it your all is unacceptable and he has had plenty of time to show improvement without doing so.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We should now be actively looking to sell him this window. We could do a lot with the money we’d get for him.

acnumber9

Just doesn’t look cut out for this league. Ability is there but he either lacks the physical tools or mentality required. Possibly both.

Sylar

When you see garnacho come on and be direct it's a big contrast to Sancho.

It sometimes looks like he's busy but it's not impact at all. There's not much of a threat when he's out wide, you don't feel he's gonna beat a man and produce a cross or a killer pass. Obviously no actual functioning forwards is an issue

Dansk

I just don't understand. He was excellent at Dortmund, and even if it might be easier to do well in the Bundesliga than the Prem, the gap isn't so wide that it's natural for a player to go from excellent to utterly horrendous just by switching leagues.

While mentality affects players differently, it seems he'd have to be downright mentally ill in order for that to be the reason for his form to drop so severely that he went from a player whose £65m (or whatever it was) transfer fee wasn't even considered outrageous, to one that you can barely imagine any team offering any money for at all. If it's all down to mentality issues, he must surely be in urgent need of psychiatric care.

For a long time now, he has routinely been the worst player on the pitch. If a youth prospect was to put in performances like that, he'd get two or three games and then we'd never see him again. How is it possible for a player to seemingly just lose all skill and talent like this?

I feel bad for Garnacho. He must be strongly weighing his options after seeing Sancho start before him week after week despite playing like a fan who won the rights to play a game for United in a pub raffle. If I was a young talent like that, I'd seriously consider leaving the club. If Sancho stays next season and this continues, I would almost encourage Garnacho to find another club that doesn't take the piss out of him like that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'll keep him for another season purely because I think his style may translate better when we play in Europe.
Plus, frankly, I can't see any other club coming in for him that will offer what we want and what he wants financially.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
We should now be actively looking to sell him this window. We could do a lot with the money we’d get for him.
Quite the opposite actually. Selling him would make our FFP situation worse. And I say that as someone who would otherwise prefer for him to leave.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Ah that’s annoying. Because of the original outlay?
Yes - unless we're able to get a large fee for him (unlikely with his wages), the book value write-down would be higher than the transfer fee benefit.

Unam333

I just don't understand. He was excellent at Dortmund, and even if it might be easier to do well in the Bundesliga than the Prem, the gap isn't so wide that it's natural for a player to go from excellent to utterly horrendous just by switching leagues.

While mentality affects players differently, it seems he'd have to be downright mentally ill in order for that to be the reason for his form to drop so severely that he went from a player whose £65m (or whatever it was) transfer fee wasn't even considered outrageous, to one that you can barely imagine any team offering any money for at all. If it's all down to mentality issues, he must surely be in urgent need of psychiatric care.

For a long time now, he has routinely been the worst player on the pitch. If a youth prospect was to put in performances like that, he'd get two or three games and then we'd never see him again. How is it possible for a player to seemingly just lose all skill and talent like this?

I feel bad for Garnacho. He must be strongly weighing his options after seeing Sancho start before him week after week despite playing like a fan who won the rights to play a game for United in a pub raffle. If I was a young talent like that, I'd seriously consider leaving the club. If Sancho stays next season and this continues, I would almost encourage Garnacho to find another club that doesn't take the piss out of him like that.
He was even considered as a generational talent.

Bobski

I can’t see any similarity to Grealish.
A shit Grealish would be someone who holds on to the ball far too long, plays with no urgency and ends up with safe sideways passes or hoping to win a freekick.

It worked in my head, but maybe a bad comparison to be fair.

Either way he has been a huge disappointment, don't think there has been a single game for Utd, or England for that matter were he even hit an 8/10 level. This goes for his England games while he was at Dortmund and hyped to the moon as well. Always looked hugely underwhelming outside of that environment.

Utd fans hoped for years that Martial's mentality would change, and the injuries, it never did, can't make the same mistake with Sancho.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Who buys him though? Our only real hope of a fee and him off the wage bill would be a club in Saudi Arabia.

Red Rash

Has talent but is so passive. I don't know if it's related to the reason he missed part of the season but there seems to be a lot of mental fragility with him.

Golden Nugget

Ehh I’ve always backed up and chose to stay quiet when he’s been a bit quiet. I really, really didn’t like his lack of defensive effort on two occasions, where he seemed like he didn’t really bother if he won the ball or not.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ehh I’ve always backed up and chose to stay quiet when he’s been a bit quiet. I really, really didn’t like his lack of defensive effort on two occasions, where he seemed like he didn’t really bother if he won the ball or not.
It's not new, he has been doing it regularly since he signed, people often blame other players when the actual issue is that he provides no resistance, he doesn't even occupy space but move away and gives the best lane to the opponent.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Even I’m giving up the ghost. It’s like he’s been Space Jam’d.

Cannot stand the way he pussies out of every 50:50.

Dominos

A shit Grealish would be someone who holds on to the ball far too long, plays with no urgency and ends up with safe sideways passes or hoping to win a freekick.

Either way he has been a huge disappointment, don't think there has been a single game for Utd, or England for that matter were he even hit an 8/10 level. This goes for his England games while he was at Dortmund and hyped to the moon as well. Always looked hugely underwhelming outside of that environment.

Utd fans hoped for years that Martial's mentality would change, and the injuries, it never did, can't make the same mistake with Sancho.
The only thing you would say is Grealish ball retention has always been good even when he was playing shit.

Sancho isn't even reliable at retaining possession.

Roboc7

Quite the opposite actually. Selling him would make our FFP situation worse. And I say that as someone who would otherwise prefer for him to leave.
That’s only reason he won’t be sold because it would be bad financially. Said months ago I expected him to be on loan at Dortmund next season and that probably makes more sense than him struggling for game time here.

zaafi

He just can't be an important part of our squad next season. It's players like him that ensure we're a top 4 team and can't score more than one goal a game.

CloneMC16

Even I’m giving up the ghost. It’s like he’s been Space Jam’d.

Cannot stand the way he pussies out of every 50:50.
He really is scared of getting hurt. Does not want to challenge anybody in a 50/50.

He just isn't it, unfortunately. Hopefully we can find a buyer.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Too much money too quickly in his career. Absolutely no appetite left in him which is a real shame as he does have the talent.

Abraxas

Every game is groundhog day with Sancho. Hardly ever anything different. There's really no point in getting hopes up when he's in a lineup anymore. Not until he starts to show some sign that there should be.

ScholesyTheWise

Yes - unless we're able to get a large fee for him (unlikely with his wages), the book value write-down would be higher than the transfer fee benefit.
Ah feck, this is depressing to read. Didn't cross my mind, the entire accounting thing...
So we're stuck with him?

How nice.

OrcaFat

Yeah, he doesn’t impress me on any level.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Ah feck, this is depressing to read. Didn't cross my mind, the entire accounting thing...
So we're stuck with him?

How nice.
That's my read on the situation. Potentially a loan with subsidized wages, with a view to a sale next summer when his book value is further amortized and the FFP situation is hopefully a little rosier.

Status
Not open for further replies.