Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Bdl told me he just needed to be on the left to be unlocked. Really hope he turns it around but he's been poor lets be honest.

Eddy_JukeZ

Let’s hope he does a Rashford next season
Rashford was very good though in the league before last season.

Sancho has never come close to replicating those performances.

He's just too timid. He pretty much plays the same game constantly. He always leaves you wanting more. He avoids getting stuck in. Doesn't really create for others.

RedDevilQuebecois

Even if Rashford comes back fit enough on next Thursday, there is no way that Sancho should stand ahead of Garnacho in the pecking order at LW.

Starting him is just pointless.

Blood Mage

It's getting hard to see a way back for him at this club. His attitude and mentality are just piss poor. We should probably sell him this summer, I'd snap someone's hand off for 35m.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's getting hard to see a way back for him at this club. His attitude and mentality are just piss poor. We should probably sell him this summer, I'd snap someone's hand off for 35m.
Problem is no one will offer that, not with the wages he earns

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Needs to work on his fitness and get stuck in. He cant play like a passenger when we dont have the ball or when he is competing for the ball, especially when he is so poor when he has the ball.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As @Big Ben Foster wrote, there's virtually no chance we sell him for anything that is below roughly 50m or so because otherwise the way the fee is amortized for FFP purposes, it would just feck us over more.

He will inevitably stick around for longer, which isn't bad anyway. He just turned 23, I don't see him being a starter long term but he'll still be needed for plenty of games as a squad player and with an actual striker to play off of, I'd expect a better level out of all of the creators behind the striker. Depth is needed anyway and we aren't over crowded with Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho, Antony and Amad, as Rashford can rotate up top when needed, Sancho and Amad can rotate as the 10 when needed.

Corey

By my calculations, his net book value at the end of this season will be £44m. If we sell him for less than that, then the difference will count as a loss on the sale of asset, and will negatively affect profit and FFP.

Assuming we sell him after 30th June, this loss would go into the 23-24 accounts.

On the other hand, if it’s true that he’s on a ridiculous salary of £18m a year, then selling him would improve profit by £18m in the 23-24 accounts.

Netting off these two factors, it appears we’d have to sell him for at least £26m (i.e £44m - £18m) for the 23-24 accounts and FFP position not to be harmed.

I reckon we could get £26m, but nobody will be able to afford his wages so can’t see him leaving yet.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Nani is 100 time the player Sancho would ever be, But he was labled the frustrating one.

At least Nani was never afraid of running at defenders and neither was he this boring to watch.

NoPace

I just don't understand. He was excellent at Dortmund, and even if it might be easier to do well in the Bundesliga than the Prem, the gap isn't so wide that it's natural for a player to go from excellent to utterly horrendous just by switching leagues.
I thought he'd basically be our Ribery. Lovely playmaker at LW, 10 goals and 12-15 assists type seasons in his prime and lots of 2nd assists. England played him in that knockout game against Ukraine and he looked so nimble and agile.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We owed dortmund another £44m in the next 3 years. Hopefully they don’t mind if they buy him back for £44m (We should still take £30m). We got scammed bro.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He doesn’t have the physical or mental intensity for this level. I think we should loan him out if we can’t sell him. Unless he shows some absurd transformation in the summer I don’t see the point of him in the squad next year. I’m someone who was so excited about this signing but if we’re setting standards we can’t have this chap faffing about like this.

RuudtheRed

He was poor again apart from a slight contribution to the goal. Never beats a man for pace. Still hoping he can put it all together one day but between him and Garnacho for the LW spot, it's not looking good for him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I hope this shows us not to spend a feckton of money on Dortmund players again. Bundesliga is shite. Skip Bellingham for the price quoted and chase other targets. Two years of constant speculation and having to listen to Jan Fjortfart and this is what we get.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He lacks pace, fight and intensity. He seems a timid personality. I'm not sure we're going to see an improvement in the player. I'm positive he is not cut out to be a Premiership player.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I'm sure that played a part but he was still putting up ridiculous numbers before Haaland joined Dortmund.
Perhaps the EPL demands more aggression- he seems a bit averse to running at defenders, preferring to thread the ball into the box which doesn't always come off.

Judas

Open to offers
I just don't think it's going to click for him, which shocks me but it is what it is, and evidence speaks for itself. Doesn't seem suited to the PL, and his application and lack of fight just isn't good enough. You need so much more aggression, pace and directness to succeed here in the role he's playing.

'I always thought he'd come good, but he's now had two seasons and we're nowhere near closer to seeing the form he showed in Germany.

AndySmith1990

He's either not bothered or he's a complete and utter wimp. Either way he should be told he's not wanted here and then transfer listed. Sell to the highest bidder and move on from yet another expensive failure

M Bison

Supports
York City
He must have something, he simply MUST! He was brilliant for Dortmund but looks a long way off, will be behind Garnacho and Amad next season, plus Rashford and Antony so he's going to have to work hard to get into the side and will likely spend a lot of time on the bench.

Drizzle

I hope this shows us not to spend a feckton of money on Dortmund players again. Bundesliga is shite. Skip Bellingham for the price quoted and chase other targets. Two years of constant speculation and having to listen to Jan Fjortfart and this is what we get.
You're drawing the wrong conclusions. It's not about Dortmund or the Bundesliga, it's about us - choosing the wrong players for the wrong system and manager.

City seemed to do OK with their Dortmund purchase this year....

RickRudesDong

Soft, tubby, slow. We need a winger that is rapid, strong and aggressive.

Jadon Sancho, for me, represents why United are so far behind the best in the league... and also what's been wrong with United since Ferguson left.

Huge amount of cash, unimaginative scouting, buying into the hype. For nothing.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
As @Big Ben Foster wrote, there's virtually no chance we sell him for anything that is below roughly 50m or so because otherwise the way the fee is amortized for FFP purposes, it would just feck us over more.

He will inevitably stick around for longer, which isn't bad anyway. He just turned 23, I don't see him being a starter long term but he'll still be needed for plenty of games as a squad player and with an actual striker to play off of, I'd expect a better level out of all of the creators behind the striker. Depth is needed anyway and we aren't over crowded with Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho, Antony and Amad, as Rashford can rotate up top when needed, Sancho and Amad can rotate as the 10 when needed.
So you're basically saying he's gonna be a Donny for attacking positions?

Eriksen is a far better 10, and I really hope we get a midfielder in the position he's been playing.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Incredibly frustrating player.

Pellistri / Garnacho should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You're drawing the wrong conclusions. It's not about Dortmund or the Bundesliga, it's about us - choosing the wrong players for the wrong system and manager.

City seemed to do OK with their Dortmund purchase this year....
Haaland was great before Dortmund.

Arguably the only Dortmund player to ever be a true success is Gundogan at City.

I can’t remember anyone else doing well to a class level post Dortmund.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Don't like the revisionism on his pre-United career. He was exceptional and rightly regarded as one of the hottest young talents in football. That wasn't the Bundesliga's doing; he was playing and thinking like a rounded professional and had no lack of ambition or creativity to his attacking game.

What we've seen here is not the player who was touted - something has gone fundamentally wrong and this same Sancho wouldn't be close to standout in any league, let alone return to the heights he'd hit for Dortmund.

Being timid and lacking in aggression in attack was not applicable to him then as it is now. The pussying out on challenges, perhaps as I don't recall that being examined there.

He has the talent, but everything else is lacking with him, from: heart, aggression, determination to that steely desire to affect play that all wide men should have. His athleticism and fitness have also tanked, and he was only an intense 70-min player in the first place.

I think what's getting on everyone's nerves is that he's not arsing himself to graft and show fight whilst other areas of his game have abandoned him - the pussying out on essential challenges and blocks being particularly maddening.

He's a husk of himself and I think if it wasn't for the FFP situation, we'd have let him go this summer, as is, he'll get one last season to turn it around. I hope whatever is ailing him mentally can be resolved so we get to see the player we bought rather than this shell of a player who barely warrants PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.