5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sviken

Oh ffs. To show us United supporters support him at a time he obviously needs support. Or should we only support him when he bangs one in against Liverpool?
Christ…
He's not a baby to be coddled. I'd understand if he greatly contributed to United or something, but so far it's been a wasted season and a half. It's this type of mentality that has led this club down to this mediocrity path. The fact that we're supposed to cheer and celebrate every player who has put a United shirt no matter what he has done or contributed. You'd never see Madrid fans pulling embarrassing shit like this.

Rolaholic

Supporting one of your own coming off a difficult period for a change is coddling and embarrassing behavior now :houllier:

Boy with 'supporters' like these....

Madrid fans aren't the fecking standard btw, that lot have disrespected their own legends for years. They're not at all what fanbases should aspire to.

The lack of empathy afforded to others in general these days is sickening.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's not a baby to be coddled. I'd understand if he greatly contributed to United or something, but so far it's been a wasted season and a half. It's this type of mentality that has led this club down to this mediocrity path. The fact that we're supposed to cheer and celebrate every player who has put a United shirt no matter what he has done or contributed. You'd never see Madrid fans pulling embarrassing shit like this.
Love that attitude. I'm not sure how you feel about the job Ten Hag is doing? You reckon he's continuing on that 'mediocrity path'? Because he's been pretty clear on how Sancho should be handled. I'm betting most United fans are with him on this as with everything else he's done so far.

El-Manos

We don’t know what’s going on with him. We have nothing to lose to show the guy some support

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If i were in OT, i'd give even Pogba a standing ovation if he were back with Juventus. Need to have a bit fun in life, man.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I mean you support every player who puts a United shirt on, come rain or shine. You don't support just when they're doing well or the team is winning - that shit is easy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Assume you’ve never been to a match

BorisManUtd

I imagine a bench cameo then start v Forest
Probably this.

Liverpool celebrating a draw vs WBA at Anfield seemed wierd but it was all about building the spirit. They became top team in years after that so don't think that kind of mentality has anything to do with our struggling that's been going on for a decade now.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Liverpool celebrating a draw vs WBA at Anfield seemed wierd but it was all about building the spirit. They became top team in years after that so don't think that kind of mentality has anything to do with our struggling that's been going on for a decade now.
I've argued several times that United's fans show a lack of ambition compared to elite teams, but nonetheless I disagree with @Sviken and agree with you. There is nothing wrong with cheering for a player coming on, every fan should do that because he is a fan.

If he still cheers after a shit performance (like United fans would do), or if he boos and whistles (like a Real Madrid fan would do) is another question

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Probably this.

What spirit? Over half of that team was gone when Liverpool started playing well and winning things.

Olecurls99

Good. They are literally the worst fans in football

Elcabron

What spirit? Over half of that team was gone when Liverpool started playing well and winning things.

:lol:

Nothing to do with those players being replaced with quality players and breaking world records for keepers and defenders, it was all about that team bonding after the two two draw.

Sviken has a point. Sure Sancho deserves a second chance and our support while he sets about trying to take that second chance but he also needs to start repaying United's investment in him and fast. He is one of the highest paid players in world football and has done sweet fa for us since he arrived.

We desperately need him to now show why we chased after him for so long and paid 70m for him. Games are coming thick and fast now as if they weren't already and he really needs to start delivering.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
:lol:

Nothing to do with those players being replaced with quality players and breaking world records for keepers and defenders, it was all about that team bonding after the two two draw.

Sviken has a point. Sure Sancho deserves a second chance and our support while he sets about trying to take that second chance but he also needs to start repaying United's investment in him and fast. He is one of the highest paid players in world football and has done sweet fa for us since he arrived.

We desperately need him to now show why we chased after him for so long and paid 70m for him. Games are coming thick and fast now as if they weren't already and he really needs to start delivering.
Nah we should just start doing participation award trophies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Mr Empathy over here.

You / we don’t even know exactly what Sancho has been coping with and you’re taking that stance? Thankfully ETH seems a more rounded human being and would rather support and help the guy rather than cast him aside.

Madrid fans are nowt to aspire to.

Andersonson

I think it’s quite clear there’s a different perception of the two among the fans.
Yes, one gets support the other gets bullied.

You can debate whether either of them are good enough for a top 4 side. Sancho is clearly more talented though and could turn things around.

Doesnt mean Maguire shouldnt be supported, the fans has only made him worse with all thats been going on

Kingofwinners

We all want him to be successful- why not help him on the way by showing we’re in his corner when he needs support. Difference between being a supporter and being a fan.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

You can debate whether either of them are good enough for a top 4 side. Sancho is clearly more talented though and could turn things around.

Doesnt mean Maguire shouldnt be supported, the fans has only made him worse with all thats been going on
I don’t disagree that both should get similar support, and both are pretty similar in how their United careers panned out. However Sancho is very much liked and highly rated by majority of fans on here while Maguire is neither liked nor rated.

Andy_Cole

Okay…

Remember the racist bullying Sancho when he missed England’s pen?

In contrast Maguire scores against Andorra or whatever and cups his ears. Maguire thinks he has a right to start for United when bad. Maybe not his fault as the English media and manager shine a light up his arse. Maguire also gets arrested in Greece and again acted as if he was the victim.

NoPace

We don’t know what’s going on with him. We have nothing to lose to show the guy some support

"There are some processes you can't force and this is one of them," said Ten Hag. "Football players aren't robots. No- one is the same and you need an individual approach. We thought that, in co-operation with Jadon, this was the best choice," Ten Hag added.

"Jadon Sancho is working with Dutch coaches recommended by Erik ten Hag as he uses the World Cup break to keep fit + refocus" - Laurie Whitwell

Tough not to read this and assume that Sancho is going through something fairly serious and also did exactly as Ten Hag asked in a bid to be ready again and contribute. It would be bizarre not to support him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's sold in the summer because Ten Hag needs funds for an incredibly expensive #9 and a #8 and he is only given enough for 1 of them by the club and selling Sancho for 40M can help us pay for the other, but no reason for the fans not to assume he's gone through some serious depression or whatever and back him to the hilt. He hasn't done anything wrong other than not perform brilliantly, which is not where the bar is.

Hulme91

Okay…

In contrast Maguire scores against Andorra or whatever and cups his ears. Maguire thinks he has a right to start for United when bad. Maybe not his fault as the English media and manager shine a light up his arse. Maguire also gets arrested in Greece and again acted as if he was the victim.
90% of your post is conjecture, not fact. You're simply letting your inherent bias against a player cloud your opinion

Both Maguire and Sancho have been flops for Manchester United and will most likely be sold for huge losses in the next two years. Why does one deserve support and the other jeers/abuse?

Andersonson

Okay…

Jesus Christ. You really hate the guy. Is that all the "badstuff" you have on him? Scoring and celebrating and a night Brawl in Greece that aint finished in court? You play a good game

FujiVice

With his talent, good support and the right mentality, he'll do the business under Ten Hag. No doubt about that at all.

Kag

This is quite the take.

DevTheRed

If we can get this guy back to anywhere near his best for the second half of the season it will be huge.

Looking forward to his return and will no doubt get a good reception from the crowd.

croadyman

If we can get this guy back to anywhere near his best for the second half of the season it will be huge.

Looking forward to his return and will no doubt get a good reception from the crowd.
Still haven't seen his very best at Utd yet,however believe Erik can help him find it

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
This you ?
It's as if we are talking about Phil Jones kind of charity from the club. He only started to have his mental issues quite lately, probably played through them for some time as well and needs 100% support, I am happy he's gonna get that, no matter what other people think of him.

We can be happy that we have players in his position who are performing now and developing, there will always be a player to step up and that's the fun side of the game.. It's too early to even think about offloading Sancho "the club parasite". Simply stand behind the player for now.

vanrooney

thats the spirit. to take one of the most spoiled fans as a benchmark says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.