Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
"There are some processes you can't force and this is one of them," said Ten Hag. "Football players aren't robots. No- one is the same and you need an individual approach. We thought that, in co-operation with Jadon, this was the best choice," Ten Hag added.

"Jadon Sancho is working with Dutch coaches recommended by Erik ten Hag as he uses the World Cup break to keep fit + refocus" - Laurie Whitwell

Tough not to read this and assume that Sancho is going through something fairly serious and also did exactly as Ten Hag asked in a bid to be ready again and contribute. It would be bizarre not to support him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's sold in the summer because Ten Hag needs funds for an incredibly expensive #9 and a #8 and he is only given enough for 1 of them by the club and selling Sancho for 40M can help us pay for the other, but no reason for the fans not to assume he's gone through some serious depression or whatever and back him to the hilt. He hasn't done anything wrong other than not perform brilliantly, which is not where the bar is.
The club have invested too much time, and money, into him to just bin him off. Even more so if he’s been struggling mentally.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This you ?
The new FFP rule is now limiting our club to only spend 55m transfer fees this summer before selling players. 350k pw is a lot. Ironically loan him out with a loan club to pay his full salary alone will free us 18.4m per year meaning that’s equivalent to us buying striker this summer with 90m transfer fees of 5 years contract (18 x 5).

Honestly, I hope he’s coming back like a new signing, but due to new FFP rule and if he can’t perform then we can’t keep spending more than 18m per year for his salary as it’s preventing the club to make progress.

vanrooney

dont get the negativity. many peopl forget that footballers are human beings. yes they earn a lot, but they are young people watched by millions every week. and with social media every run tackle or flick is getting discussed. just imagine if you get analized by a hord of people every week.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is far too young for decline. I know what i saw in Dortmund and in some games in United and NT.
He has potential to be world class player. And under ETH i have no doubts that he will be one of our star players.
Can't wait to see him in action again.

Also; obsession with pace on Caf is becoming ridiculous. Same as with Antony. You must be Walcott/Traore or you can't play on the wing according to some fans.

laughtersassassin

The new FFP rule is now limiting our club to only spend 55m transfer fees this summer before selling players. 350k pw is a lot. Ironically loan him out with a loan club to pay his full salary alone will free us 18.4m per year meaning that’s equivalent to us buying striker this summer with 90m transfer fees of 5 years contract (18 x 5).

Honestly, I hope he’s coming back like a new signing, but due to new FFP rule and if he can’t perform then we can’t keep spending more than 18m per year for his salary as it’s preventing the club to make progress.
If we are actually limited by FFP we are fecked.

Need to find away around it. Simple as that

Markus Vestbye

Apparently not in the squad. Worrying that he can’t get in during these 3 games. Would have been a good opportunity to get a low-pressure start.

Dannn411

Surprised he's not in the squad tonight if rumors are to be believed. Couldn't ask for a better game to get back into the swing of things.

Drizzle

Probably start the second leg against Forest then.
Based on what? He won't go from having zero minutes to starting games. He'll get a few minutes here and there to start with. Which is why it's disappointing not to see him tonight.

Just how far off the pace is this guy?

crossy1686

career ending
dont get the negativity. many peopl forget that footballers are human beings. yes they earn a lot, but they are young people watched by millions every week. and with social media every run tackle or flick is getting discussed. just imagine if you get analized by a hord of people every week.
It's true, footballers are people and I think there's accurate empathy around Sancho and his situation from most people. However, in what other work environment can you take off 3 months to 'get yourself right' when you have two months every summer to make sure you're in top condition?

I understand that he must have been in a very difficult situation but at some point what's best for the club has to come into effect, and this is true in all work environments. No one takes 3 months off (or more) and manages to keep their job where they are.

croadyman

Based on what? He won't go from having zero minutes to starting games. He'll get a few minutes here and there to start with. Which is why it's disappointing not to see him tonight.

Yeah does make you wonder,this was ideal opportunity to give him a cameo towards end in a relatively low pressure game

Zoo

We’re 3-0 up and he’s back in full training with the squad. Need to get him match fit asap.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
My take away from the EtH press conference was that if he was going to play then he would have said he was ready. Instead EtH was extremely coy and refused to give an answer apart from saying "he is training". I honestly feel like he's miles away still and can't help but think he's gone through something abit traumatic like, im just going to say it, suicide or something. His brother died at a very young age i read the other day too, not that has anything to do with it, but there is a hell of alot of stuff not being said or explained about Sancho. I can't think of any examples ever of a player of his calibre who has taken 3/4 months out when he isn't physically injured. I just hope the kid is alright and is at last ready to be introduced to the match day squad.

Markus Vestbye

The «rehab» in Netherlands can’t possibly have worked out as well as they had hoped. Agree with you there is no chance he starts against Forrest now.

crossy1686

career ending

It's time we start asking this question seriously.

Was he that bad physically and mentally that he needed over 3 months off? How has that been allowed to happen? He was playing, then his form dropped and then he disappeared, it's the strangest move from a high level footballer I've ever seen.

This is looking more and more like an in-house suspension than anything else.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well what was he out there doing for a whole month if it hasn't helped him get anywhere near first team football again?
Think the idea was to build his fitness up away from the public eye.

Unfortunately the location got leaked and then he got hounded by locals.

I'm sure when Sancho is back on his feet the truth will be told.

Markus Vestbye

Well what was he out there doing for a whole month if it hasn't helped him get anywhere near first team football again?
Your guess is as good as mine. Whatever has gone wrong with Sancho, it is not something which will be easily fixed. A real shame tbh, he is often referred to as the most technically gifted and talented player of his generation by coaches and fellow players. Would be a tragedy if this was all we got from him.

crossy1686

career ending
Think the idea was to build his fitness up away from the public eye.

Unfortunately the location got leaked and then he got hounded by locals.

I'm sure when Sancho is back on his feet the truth will be told.
He's pretty famous, I'm sure they would have noticed him having lunch at the local pub anyway. But just how unfit was he? Seriously? It's a total dereliction of duty to be 3 months worth of private training 'unfit' if you're a professional footballer. You'd get sacked on the spot anywhere else if you told your boss you needed 3 months to get into shape for the current project you're working on. The whole thing is just bizarre.

Such a weird situation...to the point that I'm starting to come round to the conspiracy theories actually being more probable at this point than the official line.

I was listening to Gary O'Connor - former Birmingham (and many others) - on a podcast last week and he was talking about being banned by the FA for recreational drugs. Can't remember the exact time periods of his bans, but he received one ban from all club facilities/team activities then another from playing. It was something like 2 months away from the club, 3 months from playing.

The whole time Birmingham and Alex McLeish covered it up by telling people he was injured, although O'Connor said all the Birmingham journalists knew the truth but also knew they'd lose access to the club if they reported it. It only came out a couple of years later when the TV show Dispatches got access to leaked FA documents showing O'Connor's ban along with lots of other players who were also 'injured' while serving bans.

There's obviously not much in the way of concrete info about how the FA handle these cases, but there's a few articles:

From 2011: FA defends secret bans for players failing drugs tests

And a more recent 2017 article.

Daryl Murphy ban in 2018. His club also said he was injured. Club journalists knew for a year but didn't report it. Murphy announced it himself.

The fact that Sancho was in the starting line up one week then the next he's suddenly training at an amateur side in Holland for 6 weeks and desn't even join up for our warm weather training during the World Cup is just...there's not really any other logical reason. The club being so vague about the whole thing, and even moreso journalists not really seeking any clarity adds to it.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Such a weird situation...to the point that I'm starting to come round to the conspiracy theories actually being more probable at this point than the official line.

I was listening to Gary O'Connor - former Birmingham (and many others) - on a podcast last week and he was talking about being banned by the FA for recreational drugs. Can't remember the exact time periods, but he received one ban from all club facilities/team activities then another from playing. It was something like 2 months away from the club, 3 months from playing.

The whole time Birmingham and Alex McLeish covered it up by telling people he was injured, although O'Connor said all the Birmingham journalists knew the truth but also knew they'd lose access to the club if they reported it. It only came out a couple of years later when the TV show Dispatches got access to leaked FA documents showing O'Connor's ban along with lots of other players who were also 'injured' while serving bans.

There's obviously not much in the way of concrete info about how the FA handle these cases, but there's a few articles:

Fro 2011: FA defends secret bans for players failing drugs tests

And a more recent 2017 article.

Daryl Murphy ban in 2018. His club also said he was injured. Club journalists knew for a year but didn't report it. Murphy announced it himself.

The fact that Sancho suddenly left club facilities to go train at an amateur side in Holland for 6 weeks and didn't even join up for our warm weather training during the World Cup is just...there's not really any other logical reason. The club being so vague about the whole thing, and even moreso journalists not really seeking any clarity adds to it.
Yeah I'm starting to suspect this too, and everyone at the club is being super vague around him, the issue and when he's back. It's either this or full mental break down, the kind that get people sectioned.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He must have had a complete psychiatric breakdown. Pressure too great.

Or else he has fecked up some way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If he can't be in the squad at all when ten hag yesterday said "he is close, has to see how he trains"... Then yeah he's just shit in training. Was sent away to get fit, because he wasn't fit due to his own lack of training committment and not any injuries, and now he's been back with the group for a while but still not deserving of a place on the bench? That's just not great. At all.

We'll see midweek then. But Ten Hag has said many times he doesn't gift opportunities, the players have to earn them. Sancho is fit, but he's not deserving a place in the squad in Ten Hags eyes clearly.

croadyman

Yeah I'm starting to suspect this too, and everyone at the club is being super vague around him, the issue and when he's back. It's either this or full mental break down, the kind that get people sectioned.
Yeah and Erik not liking being asked either suggests that something isn't right about things

crossy1686

career ending
If he can't be in the squad at all when ten hag yesterday said "he is close, has to see how he trains"... Then yeah he's just shit in training. Was sent away to get fit, because he wasn't fit due to his own lack of training committment and not any injuries, and now he's been back with the group for a while but still not deserving of a place on the bench? That's just not great. At all.

We'll see midweek then. But Ten Hag has said many times he doesn't gift opportunities, the players have to earn them. Sancho is fit, but he's not deserving a place in the squad in Ten Hags eyes clearly.
This could be the case but he hasn't called him out on it once. Surely it would get to the point where he keeps getting asked and he just says it's up to Sancho to put the effort in during training because currently he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.