Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Think his last game was v Tottenham in 2 nil win? Was decent too
Last game was Chelsea when he was hooked just after half time after over hitting an easy pass down the line out of play. He was poor that game and looked visibly annoyed with himself during it. I think he was on the bench for the next few games before then disappearing from the squad altogether.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Last game was Chelsea when he was hooked just after half time after over hitting an easy pass down the line out of play. He was poor that game and looked visibly annoyed with himself during it. I think he was on the bench for the next few games before then disappearing from the squad altogether.
When was that? How many months ago?

kaku06

Think his last game was v Tottenham in 2 nil win? Was decent too
Just checked. It was v chelsea 2 days after spurs. 22nd october it was, his last appearance for united. 98 days since then and counting. This is terrible whichever you look at it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This is just really bizarre at this stage, whatever it is. Are we just fecking cursed when it comes to talented young wide players?

At least Rashford sorted himself out, I guess.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be honest I'm at the point where I think it's best for all parties to sell him back to Dortmund. We could easily recoup 40m if not more, he is young and has shown a great level there.

He's on obscene wages, one of our top earners along with de Gea, and even best case scenario for him is being competition with Rashford and Antony. Ten Hag will always prefer the left footed RW, and Rashford is so key with his pace and directness... Sell him and fund a move for Osimhen or whoever. Roll with Rashford/Garnacho at left wing, Antony/Pellistri on the right, and Bruno/Amad as the 10's. That's plenty of depth and we are lucky we have 3 elite young attackers in Garnacho, Pellistri and Amad.

CM

Bad enough to be sent away to train on your own rather than train with the group since the world Cup started? He wasn't even in the world Cup, could've trained with the group for 2 full months by now.
The implication was always that there's a mental element to it.

Sancho's been back training at Carrington for quite a while now and has also returned to first team training. If his level is deemed good enough for that, how can he still be so far away from returning that he can't even contribute off the bench against lower league opposition? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Massive Spanner

22nd October - so over 3 months ago. Two weeks team training after being out that long isn’t really that much is it? Last thing you want to do is throw him back in if he’s not ready if this is all about building back his confidence.
Are you seriously trying to claim 2 weeks of training isn’t enough to even be on the bench at home to Reading in the FA Cup?

it’s weird. It’s so weird. It’s an unprecedented football situation really and beyond ridiculous at this stage. I hope the lad is ok, first and foremost, but it almost seems pointless to even consider him a squad member now.

OmarUnited4ever

let's wait and see when will Ten Hag bring him back to matchday squads, the team is doing well so I am not that bothered with his absence, of course it would be better for the team if he is back and ready to play but as I said, Ten Hag knows what's he doing so let's just wait.

JustinC00

I'm just of the mindset that I'd be surprised if we see him playing any significant amount of time before April. Maybe on the bench as unused sub by March. Some stoppage time subs in March. Maybe 15-20 minutes by April.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
22nd October - so over 3 months ago. Two weeks team training after being out that long isn’t really that much is it? Last thing you want to do is throw him back in if he’s not ready if this is all about building back his confidence.
It’s not but wasn’t he supposed to be working on his fitness in Holland? It’s not like he’s been on the beach. Although maybe that would have been better for him? Those photos of him training on his own in shitty weather in Holland looked grim. Feck knows. It’s all very weird.

redNATION

He’s finished, I think he’ll be around as his contracts too big to move on but once it’s up he’ll be out, just another one in a long line of expensive flops since Fergies retirement. Weak mentality, poor physical conditioning and no drive, doesn’t fit where the club is headed.

Castia

I'm just of the mindset that I'd be surprised if we see him playing any significant amount of time before April. Maybe on the bench as unused sub by March. Some stoppage time subs in March. Maybe 15-20 minutes by April.

Be absolutely criminal if thats the case

Yes people have issues but 6 months+ with the quality of help available to him? no chance.

Be pointless at that point anyway the season is almost over and he wont be anywhere near match fit

Red00012

He’s finished, I think he’ll be around as his contracts too big to move on but once it’s up he’ll be out, just another one in a long line of expensive flops since Fergies retirement. Weak mentality, poor physical conditioning and no drive, doesn’t fit where the club is headed.
:lol: This place sometimes

croadyman

Hope you are wrong but signs aren't good

JuriM

Lmaotbh you are finished, just another internet bully.

Blood Mage

If we had properly scouted Sancho I think we would have concluded that he wasn't physically suited to this league, just too slow and weak. Another case of a player being snapped up because of their reputation and stats rather what they actually bring to the table. He racked up a bunch of assists at Dortmund just by making simple passes to Haaland who is a goal-scoring freak of nature.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If we had properly scouted Sancho I think we would have concluded that he wasn't physically suited to this league, just too slow and weak. Another case of a player being snapped up because of their reputation and stats rather what they actually bring to the table. He racked up a bunch of assists at Dortmund just by making simple passes to Haaland who is a goal-scoring freak of nature.
He was great long before Haaland came.

ForeverRed1

This was literally the perfect game to play him in. Even just to bring on for a cameo so he gets some confidence playing competitive football again.

Again, it’s pretty much anyone’s guess now if he is in the squad for the Forest game on Wednesday night.
It’s not the perfect game if he isn’t ready. He’s been out this long and they obviously have a plan and strategy in place (which they’re not going to tell anyone on the outside about). He will play when the plan is executed and he is fully ready. That’s how ETH works, he is planned, controlled and absolutely meticulous. No point rushing him back when they’ve come this far and he isn’t 100% there yet.

Massive Spanner

That’s a load of shit. He was class with and without Haaland.

Bert_

ffs :lol:

saivet

It’s not the perfect game if he isn’t ready. He’s been out this long and they obviously have a plan and strategy in place (which they’re not going to tell anyone on the outside about). He will play when the plan is executed and he is fully ready. That’s how ETH works, he is planned, controlled and absolutely meticulous. No point rushing him back when they’ve come this far and he isn’t 100% there yet.
We haven't even heard from ETH about it since Wednesday evening. For all we know, Forest is the game he'd due to return in, or maybe even later. ETH has been vague about when he's returning the entire time but all we know is he's closer.

We still don't have even have a clue what happened with him in the first place. Hope he's back soon but until ETH says something more concrete let's wait and see.

Roboc7

It’s not but wasn’t he supposed to be working on his fitness in Holland? It’s not like he’s been on the beach. Although maybe that would have been better for him? Those photos of him training on his own in shitty weather in Holland looked grim. Feck knows. It’s all very weird.
There’s no reason for him not be physically fit enough to be on the bench at least by now.

Can only assume he’s not deemed to be ready mentally, a bit strange but hopefully he will back at some point in near future.

AndySmith1990

It's a bit ridiculous isn't it. Why have so many of our signings failed so spectacularly over the last decade? Can't simply be bad luck. There always seems to be problems with so many of the players that join this club

Suv666

Such a weird situation...to the point that I'm starting to come round to the conspiracy theories actually being more probable at this point than the official line.

I was listening to Gary O'Connor - former Birmingham (and many others) - on a podcast last week and he was talking about being banned by the FA for recreational drugs. Can't remember the exact time periods of his bans, but he received one ban from all club facilities/team activities then another from playing. It was something like 2 months away from the club, 3 months from playing.

The whole time Birmingham and Alex McLeish covered it up by telling people he was injured, although O'Connor said all the Birmingham journalists knew the truth but also knew they'd lose access to the club if they reported it. It only came out a couple of years later when the TV show Dispatches got access to leaked FA documents showing O'Connor's ban along with lots of other players who were also 'injured' while serving bans.

There's obviously not much in the way of concrete info about how the FA handle these cases, but there's a few articles:

From 2011: FA defends secret bans for players failing drugs tests

And a more recent 2017 article.

Daryl Murphy ban in 2018. His club also said he was injured. Club journalists knew for a year but didn't report it. Murphy announced it himself.

The fact that Sancho was in the starting line up one week then the next he's suddenly training at an amateur side in Holland for 6 weeks and desn't even join up for our warm weather training during the World Cup is just...there's not really any other logical reason. The club being so vague about the whole thing, and even moreso journalists not really seeking any clarity adds to it.
With so much social media sleuthing and paparrazi about I find it hard to believe that something this big could have been handled internally.

Some feckery is definitely afoot though.

Matt851

It's a bit ridiculous isn't it. Why have so many of our signings failed so spectacularly over the last decade? Can't simply be bad luck. There always seems to be problems with so many of the players that join this club
It's obviously not just bad luck. It's a mixture of poor scouting and a lack of a consistent system for players to fit in to. When we first bought sancho it was clear ole didn't know what to do with him. However, that doesn't explain what's happening with sancho now

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Good god!
This could have been written at any point of last season about Rashford minus the expenses part.

Elcabron

To be honest I'm at the point where I think it's best for all parties to sell him back to Dortmund. We could easily recoup 40m if not more, he is young and has shown a great level there.

He's on obscene wages, one of our top earners along with de Gea, and even best case scenario for him is being competition with Rashford and Antony. Ten Hag will always prefer the left footed RW, and Rashford is so key with his pace and directness... Sell him and fund a move for Osimhen or whoever. Roll with Rashford/Garnacho at left wing, Antony/Pellistri on the right, and Bruno/Amad as the 10's. That's plenty of depth and we are lucky we have 3 elite young attackers in Garnacho, Pellistri and Amad.
I'd love to know how you reconcile those two statements?

Status
Not open for further replies.