Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
couldn’t expect much on his return and in an unfamiliar position. Surprised ETH put him in AM and moved Bruno out wide. He’s an intelligent man though.

twitter thread suggester
Very sharp. He definitely has something to offer in this team.

WirralRed

Glad he got a great reception from the crowed, everyone around erupted when he came on. Glad all the internet macho idiots saying he doesn’t deserve our support where once again proven wrong by the match going fans.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interested to see if being used centrally becomes a regular thing.

Njord

Looked a lot lighter on his feet than earlier in the season.

Jev

Would like to see more of this with Bruno out right and Sancho in the middle. I think Martial, Rashford and Sancho could play some good one-touch football off each other.

Clearly leaner, fitter and faster than at any point during his United career.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good return. Sancho at Dortmund was a phenom. That talent doesn’t just dissipate. I still have a lot of faith in Sancho

Foolsgold21

Just nice to see him on the pitch again - definitely has something to offer.

Possibly should’ve had a goal if Bruno pulled it back to him rather than blasting it across goal.

The United

This was his first game for a long time. So it would be harsh for me to criticize too much.

But I still saw the same "feint and pass back" and the same bad short passes under pressure even while playing in the middle where many people said he would excel.

I did see that he involved more due the position he played but with the same flaws (if he can't improve), not much point of whichever position he plays.

Shark

@NotShark
I never thought he was a winger, at least not in the PL where you need to be more direct. ETH might just be on to something playing him centrally.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Maybe I am reading too much into it but seems like ETH doesn't fancy himself not-inverted wingers. Might be also the reason Pellistri is not getting many minutes.

Anyway, Sancho looked OK, I am excited to see him back and imo he should easily overtake Antony but considering the point I made above, I'm not sure.

Art

Art the artist
This kid had 20 assists in 2 seasons back to back. Im convinced Ten Hag will have him playing his best football again.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
You could tell the reception he got meant a lot to him.
It was nice to see.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Would like to see more of this with Bruno out right and Sancho in the middle. I think Martial, Rashford and Sancho could play some good one-touch football off each other.

Clearly leaner, fitter and faster than at any point during his United career.
I'll go one step further and say Antony or Garnacho on the right would be even better to try out and let Bruno rest. That front 4 would be lethal in any sort of counter scenario.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Maybe I am reading too much into it but seems like ETH doesn't fancy himself not-inverted wingers. Might be also the reason Pellistri is not getting many minutes.

Anyway, Sancho looked OK, I am excited to see him back and imo he should easily overtake Antony but considering the point I made above, I'm not sure.
Garnacho is inverted

youngrell

Great to see him back. The difference in having a player of his quality to call on in attack instead of Elanga or even McTominay as we have a few times is going to help massively.

saivet

ETH looked chuffed on the sidelines before he came on. Looked sharp and decent cameo from him. Hopefully he can get more minutes under the belt over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.