5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

He’s finished, I think he’ll be around as his contracts too big to move on but once it’s up he’ll be out, just another one in a long line of expensive flops since Fergies retirement. Weak mentality, poor physical conditioning and no drive, doesn’t fit where the club is headed.
:lol: I see heads are well and truly being lost

Ten Hag has shown plenty of time that he’s willing to stick with the same players. Garnacho can’t even get in the team at the moment. He’s not going rush Sancho back in for the sake of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd love to know how you reconcile those two statements?
Well Dortmund would agree their own wages with Sancho. Think he was on 120k or something before he came to United, and Dortmund were offering somewhere close to 175k I think if he were to stay. Nobody is going to offer him his current salary. So between how the deal is structured/United paying some of his wages plus him taking a wage drop from his obscene 350k right now.

He's not in a scenario where he wants to just die off as a footballer and sit on wages. I feel like most would want to sort something out to get themselves playing well again.

Greck

With so much social media sleuthing and paparrazi about I find it hard to believe that something this big could have been handled internally.

Some feckery is definitely afoot though.
Come to think about it when was it actually released from a credible source that it was a mental health issue? Was it even reported by anyone? We just took some comments and tried to read between the lines. One of the strangest sagas ever. We could just as easily one day find out it's something totally different.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Well Dortmund would agree their own wages with Sancho. Think he was on 120k or something before he came to United, and Dortmund were offering somewhere close to 175k I think if he were to stay. Nobody is going to offer him his current salary. So between how the deal is structured/United paying some of his wages plus him taking a wage drop from his obscene 350k right now.

He's not in a scenario where he wants to just die off as a footballer and sit on wages. I feel like most would want to sort something out to get themselves playing well again.
The idea that Dortmund will sign him back on a big wage is absolutely nuts. Dortmund are a selling club and the value they place on players in terms of sale price amd salary is based on what they think the player is worth else where. Right now Sancho isn't worth much to anyone so why would they pay him?

bosnian_red

The idea that Dortmund will sign him back on a big wage is absolutely nuts. Dortmund are a selling club and the value they place on players in terms of sale price amd salary is based on what they think the player is worth else where. Right now Sancho isn't worth much to anyone so why would they pay him?
The whole "they are a selling club" thing is nonsense. They are a club that has to buy younger players and develop them yes, and often they turn into stars who big clubs poach off them. It's not because the club wants to grow them to sell them. They would have loved to keep Sancho just like they kept Reus all these years. These players always just want to leave when the big clubs come asking, and Dortmund don't stand in their way provided a fair price is paid.

So why would Dortmund buy Sancho? Because they know how to get the best of him and they would have a player who can perform to a ~world class level for them, and if they got him now, they would keep him for good basically and he wouldn't be poached. Which helps their team.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
The whole "they are a selling club" thing is nonsense. They are a club that has to buy younger players and develop them yes, and often they turn into stars who big clubs poach off them. It's not because the club wants to grow them to sell them. They would have loved to keep Sancho just like they kept Reus all these years. These players always just want to leave when the big clubs come asking, and Dortmund don't stand in their way provided a fair price is paid.

So why would Dortmund buy Sancho? Because they know how to get the best of him and they would have a player who can perform to a ~world class level for them, and if they got him now, they would keep him for good basically and he wouldn't be poached. Which helps their team.
How many players have they sold that flopped (a lot) then came back to be a success, simply because they "knew how to use them"?

Peelhead

Yes, and I think any prospective buyer would want to know the full story before making a commitment, we've got to hope he gets back to full fitness soon because the longer it goes on, the more rumours will fester.

It's obviously not a hamstring tear anyway, tbh it does seem like the club is taking a deliberately opaque stance on it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely he must feature against Forrest...
I think he will. It’s a dead rubber game and he should be coming off the bench for the last 15-20 minutes to get himself going.

Elcabron

It would be great if we could just sell underperforming players like Martial, Williams, Bailey, Jones etc etc but when they they are paid huge salaries its just impossible.

Dortmund probably wouldn't pay anymore than 30m for Sancho now, we are not going to pay on top of that massive financial hit some or any of the 200k per week shortfall between what he earns now and what Dortmund would be prepared to pay him.

Acquire Me

EtH knows exactly how to manage the situation. He will be back when it’s right to bring him back.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hopefully makes the bench for forest midweek. Gonna keep saying this every game even though it’s unlikely to happen. :lol:

bosnian_red

EtH knows exactly how to manage the situation. He will be back when it’s right to bring him back.
Yeah I mean I trust ten hag here, I'm not exactly sure I trust Sancho though. The longer he doesn't come back is on him IMO and points to bad training/mentality. We'll see though how involved he is in the next few games. At this point though, I can't see a scenario where he proves he's worth the money (fee and wages), as I think we are very set with Antony and Rashford as the starters. So best case is being competition for places at 350k per week, which is definitely not a sustainable thing.

cyberman

He played well as a 10 for Dortmund in the rare times he was moved inside so maybe we could drop Bruno a bit deeper and have Sancho as a floating 10?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He played well as a 10 for Dortmund in the rare times he was moved inside so maybe we could drop Bruno a bit deeper and have Sancho as a floating 10?
Either that or we'll play Fred, either way it shows our squad is paper thin.

Pirlo'sBeard

Hopefully, would be the perfect game to ease him back in. It’s a home game and we’re currently 3 goals to the good, so there should be less pressure on him to perform from minute one.
Ten Hag has confirmed he'll be in the match squad.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So glad he'll be making a return, if we could get him anywhere near his Dortmund form by the tail end of the season it would be massive for us.

poleglass red

would be a great boost if he came back and started to show some form, in lieu of the injury to Erikson, any additonal creativity is most welcome. I'd imagine he'll be gradually see some playing time over course of next matches, I don't expect he'll be thrown right in and asked to play 90 mins.

croadyman

would be a great boost if he came back and started to show some form, in lieu of the injury to Erikson, any additonal creativity is most welcome. I'd imagine he'll be gradually see some playing time over course of next matches, I don't expect he'll be thrown right in and asked to play 90 mins.
Yeah definitely not and really hope if he plays a part tonight he gets reception from the crowd

MattofManchester

Good luck to him. It's a great opportunity for him to shine again.

Honestly, what a player we have if he does.

LordSpud

Will be given a heros return cheer when he comes on later at OT. Time for him to bring the noise! :devil:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Look forward to him being slated on here when he doesn't score a hat-trick and assist 5 goals after coming on as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.