g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Roboc7

Hopefully that performance will help generate some interest in him (maybe PSG will be tempted now), it would be stupid to bring him back whoever is manager. Try and move on whilst his stock is a bit higher and free up some funds.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He was really good tonight to be honest. But, it’s a lot easier to lift your game and effort in a champions league semi final than consistently every week in the premier league.

E-mal

These things can change (with hopefully a new coaching team). He cost too much and is way too young to not have a "2nd" chance. Our team is already devoid of technical ability as is
Don't say it out loud, the manager brigade will come for you.
There are no nuances, manager is always right they will have you believe

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Watching Sancho for Dortmund is both eye opening and depressing. He NEVER played with anything like this level of urgency and commitment in his time at United, he just looked totally fecking rubbish for us and looks so up for it here. Also Sabitzer putting in an elite level MF performance.

so look - I don’t wanna see Sancho again at United. He had 80 games or so and just looked pathetic pretty much all the time, certainly for that price tag. But watching so many players succeed elsewhere after failing at United makes it so clear how fecked up our structure is.

I don’t think signing anyone will arrest what’s going on. Root and branch upheaval, proper footballing culture and youths and systems football seems far more important to us than signing another casemiro or mount or Antony (or even Hojlumd, Onana or Martinez). Maybe we could sign a DM; maybe a backup striker; but ultimately we should be getting a much better tune out of what we have at the club.

Its just absolutely bonkers to see Sancho play a pivotal role in a CL semi final after the travesty of his two years at United.
Why didn't United keep Sabitzer?

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
These things can change (with hopefully a new coaching team). He cost too much and is way too young to not have a "2nd" chance. Our team is already devoid of technical ability as is
That seems a bit naive.

AndyMUFC

He played well tonight but it's not enough to change my mind about him playing in the Premier League every week. He's not exactly tearing up the Bundesliga.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Didn’t we give him three months off (PAID) and sort out individual training sessions for him?
This isn't some kind of feat or great graces; it's an attempt to procure your investment and stave off a collapse. We're not privy to what led to that, but any asset that is in that kind of ball park figure, you do everything you can to protect your own investment. It's not altruism, it's business.

And further, doing that but then having things break down anyway because of the preseason into the campaign proper is in some ways even more bizarre.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't say it out loud, the manager brigade will come for you.
There are no nuances, manager is always right they will have you believe
I honestly believe Sancho had a big role in his own struggles but what is done, is done. We will not be able to sell him nearly to recoup what was initially paid and our team can't say it doesn't need a player of level.

Woodenlung

Sancho has played 82 times for United and you can count on two hands the amount of games he actually performed well in. Most of them were actually under Ten Hag too.

We aren't a well run football club and have major issues on and off the field. But you also have to accept that it's sometimes up to the player to forget about all of that and just perform well. Sancho rarely did.

He gave up on the team and was rightfully shipped out. He shouldn't be allowed back in.

The Irish Connection

Absolutely delighted with his performance tonight. Dortmund surely will have to buy him now and he will have added 10 million to the asking price.
TNT are the most irritating coverage around, desperate for narratives, but they have helped us hugely tonight with their hype job.
He played well but we simply have to capitalize on the hype now and get a good chunk back before reinvesting.
Would be even better if another team starts sniffing around.

E-mal

I honestly believe Sancho had a big role in his own struggles but what is done, is done. We will not be able to sell him nearly to recoup what was initially paid and our team can't say it doesn't need a player of level.
Absolutely, I felt it was a combination of him not having right mentality, poor club culture and the manager being a dick.

Redstain

He played well tonight but it's not enough to change my mind about him playing in the Premier League every week. He's not exactly tearing up the Bundesliga.
I agree and I don't think Sancho performing well is some sort of vindication against Erik's management. I put them in the same boat, Sancho lacks the intensity that's needed to play in the English league and Erik lacks the pedigree to manage a club at United's level and status.

mctrials23

That game tonight was every bit high intensity, high tempo, tightly fought with plenty of aggression, that you would see in a top EPL clash, with both teams going for it.
If Sancho can so confidently and enjoyably handle that, he could handle the Premiership and perform just as well here.
He was sensational.
He was brilliant tonight but I don't know what game you were watching. He was given loads of time and space to face up to his man and have him backtracking. It was literally Sanchos perfect game. Playing for United he would have defenders up his bum as soon as he got the ball. He wasn't receiving it facing up one on one to a defender with space in behind to ghost into like tonight.

Hes a brilliant player in the right circumstances but there is a reason he didn't look half the player at United and its not just because we are a mess.

Teja

Thought he had a good game but Hargreaves and Ferdinand hyping him up beyond belief.
It's a good thing even if it's at our expense. Adds millions to his value whenever the media hypes him.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
What you call naive, I call hopeful and realistic. We aren't gonna be able to replace all our squad deficiencies, Antony is fecking trash and Amad is way too raw to rely on for an entire season
How is it realistic? He's 24 and his off the pitch issues have been long term issues.

Anyway, a larger problem remains and that is that you can't reward the behavior he has shown at the club. Hopefully the new owners have a bit more common sense than the crowd in here.

kouroux

Absolutely, I felt it was a combination of him not having right mentality, poor club culture and the manager being a dick.
I was initially 100% behind what ETH did with him but over time, I just accepted that not everything is black and white. If he is to be sold, we'll lose a lot of money on him that's for sure and since ETH could get fired too, I'm not against Sancho's return

criticalanalysis

The Pep Guardiola is my idol loving will not even allow you compliment a good performance
Me? I'm not ETH-in at all mate. As for others, I personally don't really care that much for Sancho whether people are being 'objective' about his performances or not. I didn't watch the full game but he seemed to played pretty decent but hardly ran the game on his own and carved them open at will like the commentary/TNT tried to portray.

I have no issues if he's here next year as long as he delivers.

kouroux

How is it realistic? He's 24 and his off the pitch issues have been long term issues.

Anyway, a larger problem remains and that is that you can't reward the behavior he has shown at the club. Hopefully the new owners have a bit more common sense than the crowd in here.
New owners are also businessmen and if a big offer doesn't come for him, I don't think they will sell for a reduced price. Hopefully they have more common sense than that

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ole and his coaches were rubbish too.
Two of those coaches proving to be very good at their jobs in the Championship right now. But yeah Sancho being a passive, fairweather player was down to two managers and not himself.

hobbers

Rashford but the purple patch lasts one half rather than one season.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Kagawa, Mikhitaryan and now Sancho. All looked class for Dortmund (especially in the CL) but (mostly) shite in the Premier League. Almost as though there’s a pattern here. Certainly enough of a pattern to rule out bringing him back because of a few good games for them in the CL. Definitely for the best that he’s playing well for them though. If we can get a half decent fee it will offset the inevitable loss slightly.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
New owners are also businessmen and if a big offer doesn't come for him, I don't think they will sell for a reduced price. Hopefully they have more common sense than that
Part of the problem is down to culture at the club. The exact type of culture that Sanco represents.

You get rid and set examples that are to be followed.

Or we will just simply reset the cycle, new manager, new rough patch, players cant be bothered and yada yada. Sounds great.

lets hope we get a decent fee for sancho

Habs

People really have short memories. He’s was absolutely garbage for us. That alone is enough to never see him again in a United shirt, but what tops it off is his terrible attitude.

Don’t want him anywhere near the club, even if he went goes onto be the next Messi.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Two of those coaches proving to be very good at their jobs in the Championship right now. But yeah Sancho being a passive, fairweather player was down to two managers and not himself.
Three managers if you count Rangnick.

The desire to see the return of an obvious waster who clearly doesn't want to be at the club is bizarre.

Valencia Shin Crosses

its been pretty typical. if this is the standard we're aiming to upgrade to, then our expectations are pretty low. there's been a predictable collective overreaction every time he has done anything thats basically expected of an attacking player. goal, assist, or a few dribbkes, the bar is so low for him for some reason. As I said, expect a combiation of a comeback story, and some ten hag animosity drives the over reacting. People forget he was truly woeful under solskjaer too. Just an ordinary player
Yeah you're letting your distaste of him blind you.

clarkydaz

That game tonight was every bit high intensity, high tempo, tightly fought with plenty of aggression, that you would see in a top EPL clash, with both teams going for it.
If Sancho can so confidently and enjoyably handle that, he could handle the Premiership and perform just as well here.
He was sensational.

He was vey good, but lets remember its a CL semi final. Not Bournemouth away

Yakuza_devils

Note that Sancho game is suited more to possession based. He has played under our managers here mostly using counter attacking football. Ole and ETH. Under the right manager he can be useful to the club.