Jason Wilcox - New technical director

diarm

Lawyer: "Your honour - he was supposed to be on gardening leave but he was sharing our top secret transfer targets with them!"

Judge: "Really? That's terrible - what unknown South American gem did he tell them about?"

Lawyer: "errr, no it was Tosin Adarabioyo"

Judge: "You mean the lad who has played 25 times for Premier League side Fulham this year and is available on a free?"

Lawyer: "Yes that's him"

Judge: "Feck off."

gajender

The plausible deniability is there with Wilcox as the Technical Director, he will have known Tosin coming up at City and will still have a relationship with him.
You are seriously overthinking this We could bring in Newcastle's most obscure targets whom nobody had even heard of and Still Newcastle would have hard time to make any case against Ashworth which won't be thrown out at first instance .

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
You are seriously overthinking this We could bring in Newcastle's most obscure targets whom nobody had even heard of and Still Newcastle would have hard time to make any case against Ashworth which won't be thrown out at first instance .
I'm almost 22,000 posts deep on an internet forum about Football. Yes, I am absolutely overthinking it.

dubplate warrior

It's clever business. We need to build a squad with the right age profile whilst being savvy with how much we spend bringing them in. Varane is leaving and its likely Lindelof, and potentially even Maguire will leave, so two centre backs will be necessary.

It would be wise to see us look to do something similar across the pitch.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hmm, I imagine he knows him from his time at the City academy. I hope he is good enough and we're not just going down another "sign who we know well" route.

Yakuza_devils

From what I've seen he can pass, good head but switches off at times but is young and has potential, I don't think top tier potential but could be a decent squad option for free
Martinez and Lindelof are injury prone. Varane is leaving. Maguire may also leave. We may need to sign a few CBs. It will be good to have him as squad option with Kwambala. But I think we need to sign 1 more top CBs next season and hope one of them youngsters develop to be good CB next year.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Martinez and Lindelof are injury prone. Varane is leaving. Maguire may also leave. We may need to sign a few CBs. It will be good to have him as squad option with Kwambala. But I think we need to sign 1 more top CBs next season and hope one of them youngsters develop to be good CB next year.
Agree with all of that, I like the look of Yoro or if we have the budget I would go for Scalvini, Silva etc but I don't see it with Branthwaite relative to his price.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hmm, I imagine he knows him from his time at the City academy. I hope he is good enough and we're not just going down another "sign who we know well" route.
He's 26, had a good season for Fulham and would be free. Makes a lot of sense to be in for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's 26, had a good season for Fulham and would be free. Makes a lot of sense to be in for him.
I can't say I know too much about him, so I hope so. I actually remember watching him in an FA cup game for City and thought he was pretty good, so was surprised they let him go.

Canucantona20

Can’t see Maguire leaving. He’s been our best CB this year when fit.

spwd

Lawyer: "Your honour - he was supposed to be on gardening leave but he was sharing our top secret transfer targets with them!"

Judge: "Really? That's terrible - what unknown South American gem did he tell them about?"

Lawyer: "errr, no it was Tosin Adarabioyo"

Judge: "You mean the lad who has played 25 times for Premier League side Fulham this year and is available on a free?"

Lawyer: "Yes that's him"

Judge: "Feck off."
:lol:

Remember the geese

Well he was being all coy and refusing to name the player. I couldn't be arsed searching up the players out contract who fit the description. I'm not claiming he's had the scoop of century or anything like that.
How odd that he didn't just state the player's name. It's been widely reported.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It’s a fine line between both

for example if they say “we want to see a compact team, playing entertaining attacking football” that’s not focusing on which tactics the coach must use but is the mandate to work to.

however if they say “we want to see a 442 system with 2 line hugging wingers taking their man on and spreading the play”. That’s clearly tactical instructions.

we are not privy to those conversations so nobody can say for sure
We can. Pep would NEVER work under anyone who tells him who and what to pick come match day. He worked under Berrada and Wilcox just fine

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That's not saying a lot and he doesn't suit anything other than a low-block.

We've been trying to get of him for a while. He'll be gone if makes sense from an FFP perspective.
But Southgate loves him.

mikeyt

Agree with all of that, I like the look of Yoro or if we have the budget I would go for Scalvini, Silva etc but I don't see it with Branthwaite relative to his price.
I agree, I worry we'll throw a huge amount of money at the next English defensive talent who may yet turn out to be a bit meh. Clearly massive potential but we can't afford more costly transfer mistakes.

croadyman

I agree, I worry we'll throw a huge amount of money at the next English defensive talent who may yet turn out to be a bit meh. Clearly massive potential but we can't afford more costly transfer mistakes.
Yeah definitely need to start utilising the continental market instead of paying English premium. Hopefully having a proper structure will mean we start doing that but remains to be seen