Javier Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilton

I wonder if him being a good looking poster boy has anything to do with it. I know the Mexican public love their superstars like they love their telenovelles and their Luca Libres wrestlers...

I want to give the boy the benefit of the doubt, but this is just so out of the blue...We've been hearing about Villa, Benzema, and suddenly we have little pea. I can see it now. Rooney out for a month and Little pea and Berbatov leading the charge for United. Oh the fear we'll strike into the heart of teams...

MrK

Certainly hope so, seeing as he'll need a permit.
He's only just breaking into the mexican team, who don't really have two preferred strikers right now. Javi Aguirre's playing a shitload of friendlies before the world cup to decide on his first team. The Mexican based players in his squad, including Hernandez I assume, have already been taken away from their clubs before the season's even ended, to train together.

In the national games I've seen him play, he's done well enough for him to be very likely to get playing time at the World Cup, although I expect they'll have a bit of rotation in their front line. They're bringing Cuauhtemoc Blanco, the national icon, who's 37, so he's likely to get some playing time. They've also got Miguel Sabah, who's probably been their best performing international striker recently. Add to that some others like Vela and Vuoso, and there's a fair bit of unresolved competition. He should definitely be getting game time though, the Mexicans are too excited about him not to!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
True. Just intriguing to see us go to mexico.
we've tried before with castillo. He looked excellent for mexico, ended up at city and didn't happen for him. poor bloke

Ringo 07

He is going to have a hell of a job ahead of him ousting 'The Messiah' Diouf to become the new king of OT. I will not get too excited about this guy as we have so many strikers in the team now and only 1 of them is good enough for us so far. But he does look promising indeed. Guess I will have to cancel my Benzema wankathon that I had planned for the summer!

MrK

And that right there is the rub...the Mexican league is gash. It really is. I used to watch a few games when I lived in the states and it's really quite poor (Chivas is a good team but most of the competition is really mediocre).
Well he can only score goals in the games he plays in, and he's done that at all levels he's tried! Even if they have been Mexican league and friendly international games :p

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
"He must be shit if Barca and Madrid weren't interested"

Barca have Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Henry and Ibrahmovic and no doubt a load of shit hot youngsters and he doesn't exactly fit Madrid's ethos of "OMG VILLA LOLZ". Plus you have no idea if they were interested in him.

MrK

Agreed, some good insight into our new acquisition. I hope he makes the WC squad and also hope he plays a part against England in the upcoming friendly.
I think that's pretty much guaranteed now, he made Aguirre's shortlist of mexican based players and has been taken away from his club (with their league playoff still two games away).

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

Barca have Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Henry and Ibrahmovic and no doubt a load of shit hot youngsters and he doesn't exactly fit Madrid's ethos of "OMG VILLA LOLZ". Plus you have no idea if they were interested in him.
:lol: I think he was being sarcastic.

Ringo 07

Does this bloke 'Sweet Pea' ever play on the wings? Any vesatility would be a bonus. I was kind of hopeing we would sign some big B@*#tard up front to give us more options from Valencias cross's etc but maybe the 451 is the way Fergie see's this bloke fitting in upfront alone when Rooney is not playing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

ffs it was sarcasm from him.
edit: that's weird Freak.Almost the same post at the same time

Ekeke

We added our 7th striker and yet. We would still prefer a limping Rooney against a top side then any of the alternatives left.
We dont know that. He seems a lot more Rooney/Owen-like, he might be exactly what we would have wanted to bring on against Bayern when Rooney had to come off.

From the videos its hard to tell if he's left or right footed. Great quality for a finisher.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but on his wiki page it says:

wiki said:
Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country. He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer. We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July." "Typical Mexican", he added.
:lol:

Rowem

gently, down the stream
We added our 7th striker and yet. We would still prefer a limping Rooney against a top side then any of the alternatives left.
:lol:

You do realize that Hernandez, Owen, Welbeck and Diouf were not on the bench yesterday? And that Macheda is 18 and has just come back from injury?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Some superb finishes there. Promising.
Yepp if all the EPL defenders go missing then this boy will truly start scoring hat tricks in England. I mean if he is given acres of space then this guy knows where the net is.

Status
Not open for further replies.