Javier Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntripunovski

The first good news in 2 weeks now... welcome... As I saw from youtube he looks like fantastic young player...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We added our 7th striker and yet. We would still prefer a limping Rooney against a top side then any of the alternatives left.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Although the fee is officially undisclosed, several media outlets have reported that the deal is worth around £7.9m in a pokemon trade that includes Rooney, Vidic, Booby, and Evra all going to Mexico.
Oh wiki.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
From a Mexican Poster on Big Soccer Forums

Most agree that he's the most complete striker that Mexico has produced in a long time. He has power and touch on both legs, quick, good technically, good passer, and is incredible in the air despite his lack of height (5'9"). He's a real humble kid with a good head on his shoulders. I wish him all the luck!

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
looks gay as feck..

any chants going for him?

MrK

fecking out of the blue!

ok, this guy really just burst onto the scene for Chivas in mexico properly this year, and he's been on fire, one of the big stories of the season over there. Unfortunately I don't really watch Chivas (watched them last weekend, but he was out injured I believe), but he's been doing goal a game stuff for them, not bad for a 21 year old! Although it is in Mexico.

I did see him play a couple of friendlies for the Mexican national team recently, and he does look promising. Quick and dangerous, and with a good finish on him. Never ever expected this deal, but if we were going for a young striker in Mexico, this is the guy to go for. feckING EXCITED!

UnitedBoy

probably play in the reserves for 10 months make a couple of appearences then get dropped.

datura

Very calm finishes from the YouTube vids, and looked comfortable shooting off either foot. I always like to see a striker who passes it into the net rather than looking to smash it in.

Some of the (predictable I guess) responses in here are pretty embarassing.

Rory 7

Very interesting to see us sign our first Mexican under US ownership.
Does anyone think he would have been targeted by a MLS team if the Glazers hadn't stepped in?

Devilton

When Chucho sounds better you know your nickname needs changing.

UnitedBoy

ch-ch-cha
hes the chi cha rito
who likes to eat dorito
but he aint got shit on mido

MrK

Very interesting to see us sign our first Mexican under US ownership.
Does anyone think he would have been targeted by a MLS team if the Glazers hadn't stepped in?

Nah, Spain is always the most likely destination for decent Mexicans, but there actually aren't that many who make it over to Europe. MLS wouldn't be a step up from the Mexican league.

Ace

Hahahaha someone had a laugh on his wiki page...

"Javier Hernández Balcazar (born on June 1, 1988 in Guadalajara, Jalisco) also known as Chicharito (The White Dean Windass), is a Mexican footballer currently playing with Chivas de Guadalajara in Primera División as a Forward. Hernández signed for Manchester United on 08 April 2010 subject to a work permit being granted. Although the fee is officially undisclosed, several media outlets have reported that the deal is worth around 50p and some magic beans, Alan Patridge and Akers are Liverpool lovers who always cry at You'll never walk alone'."

Rory 7

Nah, Spain is always the most likely destination for decent Mexicans, but there actually aren't that many who make it over to Europe. MLS wouldn't be a step up from the Mexican league.
True. Just intriguing to see us go to mexico.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
WIKI - After the news had broke, Ferguson told the United website, "OMG this guy is going to be fuchin mint, we're gonna win da quadruple, fo sho. There's no question about that".

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Get to know... Javier Hernandez

An introduction to United's 21-year-old strike acquisition Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez...

Where's he from?
Hernandez currently plies his trade with Chivas de Guadalajara in Mexico's Primera Division. Chivas are the most successful team in Mexican history with 11 titles. Having been at the club since the age of nine, Javier scored within five minutes of making his first-team debut, in a 4-0 win over Necaxa in 2006, and helped his side win the title that season.

What's his record?
Pretty impressive. He's scored 21 goals in 28 appearances for Chivas this term and has netted four times in as many games for Mexico. At 5ft 9in, he's not the biggest striker in the world, but he's quick and certainly knows his way to goal.

Where does his nickname come from?
Javier is commonly known in his homeland as 'Chicharito', meaning 'little pea', in reference to his green eyes. He received the moniker as he's the son of Chivas legend Javier 'Chicharo' Hernandez, himself a top Mexican striker who played in the 1986 World Cup.

When can we see him in action for the Reds?
Not until he has received a work permit. If that is granted, Javier will join United officially on 1 July and could make his debut in a pre-season friendly against Chivas in Guadalajara.

Devilton

And that right there is the rub...the Mexican league is gash. It really is. I used to watch a few games when I lived in the states and it's really quite poor (Chivas is a good team but most of the competition is really mediocre).

Status
Not open for further replies.