Jean-Clair Todibo

Bwuk

Not going to claim I’ve seen him play, but the clips remind me of a VvD.

Is he an aggressive CB? I’d like another nasty bastard in the back 4.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Not going to claim I’ve seen him play, but the clips remind me of a VvD.

Is he an aggressive CB? I’d like another nasty bastard in the back 4.
He is very good across all ‘actions’ so to speak from what I’ve seen — but my biggest concern is his footwork/mobility. He is definitely not slow, but comparing him to like Varane, Militao, Rudiger and co.

poleglass red

Never heard of him or seen him play, but the fact he plays for Ratcliffe's other team would surely make any deal, if there is legit interest easier, wouldn't it, you'd hope ffs.

ShinjiNinja26

This should be one of the easiest deals in the world to complete given the ownership situation but given it’s Utd we’re talking about I’m sure we could find a way to turn it into a long drawn out process.

Baxquux

Never heard of him or seen him play, but the fact he plays for Ratcliffe's other team would surely make any deal, if there is legit interest easier, wouldn't it, you'd hope ffs.
Sign him, then Thuram or that guy from Monaco (via Mitchell's contacts) as a DM, bring in a cover CF and encourage ETH to put in the likes of Amad and Mainoo to challenge underperforming 1st teamers, and I'm more confident of scraping a top-4 place at least...

cyberman

Multi club model here we come
How would this work? I know they’re trying to rush through the Newcastle / Saudi Arabia loan rule but does that include a minority investor? Minority investment with so much power much fly under so many rules

Rojofiam

I'd feel bad for taking one of their best players when they are in a title race in the middle of the season, tbh.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So? I'd like Todibo but hope it would be a fair deal considering it's the middle of the season.
I find it a bit strange that your biggest concern is that Nice get a good fee from United.

I personally couldn’t care less about Nice, and hope we get Todibo for as cheap as possible.

ElDiabloRojo

Eclair is what I thought, haven't had one in years.

The fresh cream ones with real chocolate on top.

Rojofiam

I find it a bit strange that your biggest concern is that Nice get a good fee from United.

I personally couldn’t care less about Nice, and hope we get Todibo for as cheap as possible.
It's far from my biggest concern.

I'd like Todibo as well, but I hope that United and Nice could have a symbiotic relationship where we can send talented players on loan to them, and if we want one of their players, we pay a fair fee, etc.

didz

How would this work? I know they’re trying to rush through the Newcastle / Saudi Arabia loan rule but does that include a minority investor? Minority investment with so much power much fly under so many rules
Yes, it would preclude us loaning him midseason, as it would cover "associated clubs" if ratified.

Edit: Source

tomaldinho1

Genuinely no idea!

cyberman

Yes, it would preclude us loaning him midseason, as it would cover "associated clubs" if ratified.

Edit: Source
So what happens the minority investors that could have a bit of any club? The fan owned shares etc?

didz

So what happens the minority investors that could have a bit of any club? The fan owned shares etc?
I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

On November 21, at the next Premier League shareholders’ meeting, a vote will determine whether an interim suspension on incoming loan deals between “associated clubs” — those who are part of a multi-club model — should be introduced.

Teams other than Newcastle who have owners with stakes in foreign clubs are Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton & Hove Albion, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Manchester City, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United and West Ham United. Manchester United’s proposed co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe also has a stake in Ligue 1’s Nice.

The ban would restrict English sides from loaning players at associated clubs, initially just covering the January window. Loan deals out to associated clubs remain permitted, as do permanent transfers.

Going from that it seems pretty cut and dry with the "multi-club model" thing.

I don't think they have any intention of finding some bloke who bought £18.47 of United stock and £10.32 in AC Milan in order to scupper dealings between those clubs. But I think I'm just misunderstanding you completely because I doubt that's what you're suggesting.

Laurencio

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

On November 21, at the next Premier League shareholders’ meeting, a vote will determine whether an interim suspension on incoming loan deals between “associated clubs” — those who are part of a multi-club model — should be introduced.

Teams other than Newcastle who have owners with stakes in foreign clubs are Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton & Hove Albion, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Manchester City, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United and West Ham United. Manchester United’s proposed co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe also has a stake in Ligue 1’s Nice.

The ban would restrict English sides from loaning players at associated clubs, initially just covering the January window. Loan deals out to associated clubs remain permitted, as do permanent transfers.

Going from that it seems pretty cut and dry with the "multi-club model" thing.

I don't think they have any intention of finding some bloke who bought £18.47 of United stock and £10.32 in AC Milan in order to scupper dealings between those clubs. But I think I'm just misunderstanding you completely because I doubt that's what you're suggesting.
Those rules seem pretty good to me....

Adamsk7

Never mind sporting director, Paolo Maldini could still get a game here!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That is pretty depressing considering we spent 70m on Casemiro just a year ago.
If we sell to Saudi then we'd recoup some of that.

But I actually like casemiro. I think he still has a role to play.

Longlivekeano

Maybe we can send them talented players who might make them better like Martial as well. He migut resurrect his career there and we can get Todibo who is interested in a new club and challenge.
don’t see how this can’t be the start of a long mutually beneficial relearionship

El Jefe

I don’t think he’s that good. I seen him a few times and I don’t think he’d be the dominant defender that we need. Finds himself wildly out of position at times.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Even though we’d probably still get a fair whack for him in the summer I’d sell him now if we could somehow get back exactly what we paid for him and went for a younger player or even two with the kind of potential he had been showing in Brazil at São Paulo. I wanted us to do the same with the Varane money a few years ago. It’s not worth it for one good season and the wages are stupid.

About Todibo I think he’d go well with any of our defenders. ETH always seems to want an aggressive passer in defence and Martinez is by far our best and I can see why. He speeds us up a lot, wins his 50-50s and makes the attack less predictable with his long and short passing. It stretches the play nicely for us if things aren’t working out in the midfield battle.

InfiniteBoredom

Sign him, then Thuram or that guy from Monaco (via Mitchell's contacts) as a DM, bring in a cover CF and encourage ETH to put in the likes of Amad and Mainoo to challenge underperforming 1st teamers, and I'm more confident of scraping a top-4 place at least...
Intergrating 2 players from the French league and two youngsters who have gotten maybe 90 minutes of PL football between them in the middle of the campaign is your idea of improving the team for top 4? I know the frustration is real at the moment but that's the most surefire way of putting us out of Europe ever, we most likely finish 10th in that scenario and you will calll to sack the manager anyway.

Kostov

I love Casemiro, but I wish we had him 10 years ago, that is the sad truth. I hope we recoup some of the fee and invest it in a younger player, he is too injury prone and obviously declining to rely on.

Andersonson

He is quite meh isnt he? Aggressive but often out of position? I cant stand another Bailly-like defender