Jermaine Jenas in line to replace Gary Lineker - Ian Wright leaving MOTD

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Cancel the whole fecking BBC. cnuts.

TheGame

If the last few years have made anything clear, its that both sides of the political divide only advocate for free speech when its speech that they want to hear. If the speech is against what I want to hear it should clearly be banned.
Its the right wing who mainly advocate for free speech or claim they are being censored then don’t like what they hear so throw their toys out of the pram.

Fooza

Are they going to reduce TV license now? that's what's criminal in all this is how much I have to pay and never watch MOTD

TheGame

The problem with the BBC not taking action it would have loaded up the anti-bbc press such as the Torygraph and the Daily sieg heil and it would be front page news for the next weeks.

I mean even the BBC are reporting this as the lead story rather than than the actual bullshit new laws drawn by the Tories.
That is the choice of the BBC to report it as their main story. They don’t have to like they bury other Government bad news. It’s idiotic.

Kaos

So erm has anyone cancelled their TV license and warded off their annoying bailiffs? Not entirely comfortable paying a tax to prop up the Tory propaganda ministry.

Redfan94

“In a week where the Conservatives unveiled their new policy to stop ships of migrants arriving on our shores, it was United who shipped 7 past Southampton in the League. Welcome to Match Of The Day”.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The sky is blue

"Actually I don't think it is. I have looked out of the window and the sky is actually brick coloured and looks like bricks. After a quick taste test I can also say that it tastes like bricks. You might wonder if I'm just looking at a brick wall but that is irrelevant to the debate. You have provided me with pictures of a blue sky but I do not believe that this evidence is irrefutable, nor does it outweigh my opinion on what I have deemed to be the sky (which is what you would call my neighbor's side wall with bird shit sliding down it, but I disagree with that assertion).

I am a very busy person who suddenly has to leave to do busy person things goodbye"
:lol:

lsd

The Oracle
It is daft that BBC seem to think it's presents having opinions is a bad thing.

ChaddyP

So when we bringing back Andy and Richard :lol:... Or was that the type of free speech that deserves consequences over Gary's

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
So erm has anyone cancelled their TV license and warded off their annoying bailiffs? Not entirely comfortable paying a tax to prop up the Tory propaganda ministry.
Don't watch Live TV or iPlayer and they can't touch you.

Cancelled mine years ago.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don't watch Live TV or iPlayer and they can't touch you.

Cancelled mine years ago.
General reminder to anyone unaware that you are under no obligation to allow a license fee inspector in to your house without a warrant.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So when we bringing back Andy and Richard :lol:... Or was that the type of free speech that deserves consequences over Gary's
When am I getting to fly my canoe over Buckingham Palace, or is that type of flying not acceptable to the soy boy libs?

See? Makes as much sense as the pile of shit you just posted.

Bebe

Its the right wing who mainly advocate for free speech or claim they are being censored then don’t like what they hear so throw their toys out of the pram.
Nah, go back 15/20 years and the big free speech debate was whether we were allowed to criticize/question the invasion of Iraq and such. That was the "left" advocating for freedom of speech, as is Lineker wanting to talk about migrants or Attenborough wanting to talk about biodiversity loss.

The advocates of whomever is not in power will always be free speech advocates, while whomever has "the power" will usually want to censor speech that undermines that power.

TheGame

Nah, go back 15/20 years and the big free speech debate was whether we were allowed to criticize/question the invasion of Iraq and such. That was the "left" advocating for freedom of speech, as is Lineker wanting to talk about migrants or Attenborough wanting to talk about biodiversity loss.

The advocates of whomever is not in power will always be free speech advocates, while whomever has "the power" will usually want to censor speech that undermines that power.
Maybe so, I was younger then so wasn't aware of the issue back then but we've only Tory rule for the past 13 years so it's come more of an issue since the Referendum.