Jermaine Jenas in line to replace Gary Lineker - Ian Wright leaving MOTD

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Is he on there enough to have to announce his departure? Has something else happened? I quite like wright

Sancho99

I'm surprised people still watch MOTD. I've not watched it for years and the punditry on it is rubbish.

El Zoido

I'm surprised people still watch MOTD. I've not watched it for years and the punditry on it is rubbish.
I only watch it when United play well and win, so I also haven’t watched it for years either.

Castia

Off to Sky I bet

He's already in there with Neville, Cara and Keane

Gavinb33

The fact Ian Wright is 60 is sickening, all the players I grew up with are or are almost pensioners I am getting old.

As mentioned he'll be on sky next season with Keane and Co, they all have great chemistry on the overlap

Sancho99

I only watch it when United play well and win, so I also haven’t watched it for years either.
:lol: This is the only time I used to watch it. I miss those days! Plus, when rivals would have off days too...just to enjoy their misery.

AVARiCE

For those of you who've missed it, he's a regular on "Stick to Football", which is a weekly series on GNev's The Overlap YT channel. It's really worth a watch, one of my fave shows at the moment.

I imagine he might be leaving the BBC to join Sky full time.

Oldyella

The fact Ian Wright is 60 is sickening, all the players I grew up with are or are almost pensioners I am getting old.

As mentioned he'll be on sky next season with Keane and Co, they all have great chemistry on the overlap
Yeah I feel the same. Time passes quickly etc..

What's really worrying, his bloody kid has retired, that's a proper kick in the balls.

G-manc

Same - once upon a time you didn’t have the goals shown anywhere else until it had been on so it had value, but you can see goals pretty any time nowadays.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When it was the main way of catching up on games it was must watch material.
Now we all know the scores, have seen all the clips, interviews, main stuff on line fairly instantly, I'm like you in not understanding why anyone watches it either.

Manny

Grammar Police
Got a taste of that Sky money.

Deserves it to be fair, after having to spend his Saturdays with thickos like Martin Keown, Jermaine Jenas and Danny Murphy.

Jacko21

Worth saying that The Overlap isn’t produced or owned by Sky. It’s Neville’s production company. Just sponsored by SkyBet.

Wright does have great chemistry with Neville, Keane, Carragher though.

cyberman

It’s all about tradition. People couldn’t stomach it when ITV won the rights and were shamed into never bidding for them again.
Even if they got 0 viewers they would still commission the fecking thing even though the amount of games that’s even being simulcast next year should kill the show off

Loon

:lol:
As a player, Wright was brilliant, but a massive gobshite. Watching him on the Neville programme, I have to reluctantly say he comes across as a nice guy, and (Arsenal) friends who have met him have said that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like Ian Wright but just not for England related stuff. He's overly nationalist and said really dumb things in the past.

Blood Mage

Wright was a little bit too biased towards Arsenal at times sure, but he was always fair in his points as long as Arsenal weren't involved and he's always been good for a laugh. Like a less annoying Micah Richards. I'll miss the guy.