Jermaine Jenas in line to replace Gary Lineker - Ian Wright leaving MOTD

Nogbadthebad

They made the mistake of messing with something people actually care about.

Screaming about corbyn for 5 years, most people don't really care about any politicians.
Having a go at 'lefty lawyers', the majority will think its rich people who can take care of themselves.
Even the asylum seekers, in a country where food is going up every time you shop and energy bills are hitting a few hundred a month, is a low priority.

But footy, thats the escape from the hell politicans have created, and now they want to start messing there too.

This is one the government, telegraph and mail will not win.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Do people still watch match of the day?

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
So when we bringing back Andy and Richard :lol:... Or was that the type of free speech that deserves consequences over Gary's
Not sure you thought this one out.

The sky is blue

"Actually I don't think it is. I have looked out of the window and the sky is actually brick coloured and looks like bricks. After a quick taste test I can also say that it tastes like bricks. You might wonder if I'm just looking at a brick wall but that is irrelevant to the debate. You have provided me with pictures of a blue sky but I do not believe that this evidence is irrefutable, nor does it outweigh my opinion on what I have deemed to be the sky (which is what you would call my neighbor's side wall with bird shit sliding down it, but I disagree with that assertion).

I am a very busy person who suddenly has to leave to do busy person things goodbye"
spot on.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'll do it. The fee would be enough for a deposit on a second house - could start living the dream of becoming a landlord and ignoring tenant requests to fix the roof/boiler/gas leaks etc. Just turn up, get the cash in advance, and finish the show off with "that's it for this week, thanks for watching, feck the Tories, goodnight".

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Yeah, else they’d have cancelled it
Boomers. The best way to immerse yourself in a sporting event is to watch infantile twat teenagers on YouTube react wildly to a throw on at the half way line whilst 4-0 down.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
After a long and successful career on TV that ended a few years back, @rimaldo and I are ready to come out of retirement if anyone from the BBC is reading this

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Could this - and I'm just spitballing here - end up with Gary Lineker in number 10?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
After a long and successful career on TV that ended a few years back, @rimaldo and I are ready to come out of retirement if anyone from the BBC is reading this

Obviously rimaldo on the right. You clearly haven't turned out how your parents expected, Pigeon.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The amount of incompetent you have to be to not understand that removing a popular figure that took a humanitarian stance on a topic that people feel very strongly about has the potential to create an enormous amount of backlash.

Absolutely everyone who has done any work even remotely connected to the social sphere could have seen this coming.

The only way they can save face now is to go back on their decision and let Gary back as host without remarks, or this could spiral out of control.

hp88

BBC have fecked up here, they will have to pull the show for tomorrow night.

thebelfastboy

Any BBC sports presenter worth their salt or in agreement should retweet Linekars tweet. What are they going to do? Put them all on a temporary absence?

Longshanks

The irony of using that particular example of Clarkson behaviour in this context, is that comment was all about the idiocy of the BBC's impartiality clause anyway.

He said in the same interview that the strikers were great and it was all brilliant but then Followed up with the, they should be shot comment after saying 'oh wait we need to be impartial and balanced don't we so actually'.