Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't agree, but it's so good that we can finally say this, knowing we have players in place to step in. Our squad is looking so strong now.

Last season, I can imagine you would have never have said that, even if Martial was playing poorly.
Yeah it's a nice problem to have again.

Devil81

So many attacking midfielders to choose from, where do we see Lingard getting games this season?

With Rashford, Martial, Rooney, Miki, Mata, Lingard, Depay and Young all battling for a position it's hard to see where they are all going to get games. Even with the Europa league games, I just can't see where all these players are going to get enough minutes to keep them happy.

Ivor Ballokov

He offers much more defensively than almost all our other wide players, if he's fit I wouldn't be surprised to see him start ahead of Mata against City.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Due to his defensive contributions I think he might get the LW against City. His off the ball work is great. Combined with Mkhi as the RW we will have two fairly quick and industrious wingers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Due to his defensive contributions I think he might get the LW against City. His off the ball work is great. Combined with Mkhi as the RW we will have two fairly quick and industrious wingers.
Yeah get the feeling there is a good chance both play against City. Both work hard, are quick, and lingard tends to step up in big games. Martial is a top player and was decent in the first two games, but after Hull, Mourinho might put him on the bench for a game to get that fire back (or just use him as a super sub).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Why wasn't he selected for England ? Still injured ?
Seems to have only returned to full training last week, and no matches for a while - makes sense. On top of you know, never having played for England before either.

MounchesterUtd

With Mkhi potentially out, anyone else thinking Jose will use Lingard in the 'defensive winger' role for the derby?

Red_Beans

Wouldn't have a problem with Lingard starting to be honest. He is a big game player

surf

How close is he to getting in the England squad? He must be one of the better English premier league forwards.

Jaybomb

He won't start IMO. The team is playing well at the minute, it will take a loss for Mourinho to change it IMO.

I think the only change we might see is Rashford for Martial or Mata.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He could end up playing if Valencia needs a rest coming back late from the international break.

Without Valencia, Mata on the right won't work out and that could give Lingard or Rashford a start.

Brightonian

He should start this game. Brings attacking pace and directness, defensive work rate, positivity even when we don't have lots of the ball, and he's a true big game player, coming up with special goals when we most need them.

Of course, it should be Miki by now but given he's not had a start yet the derby probably isn't the right time. Mata's lack of pace and strength is fine against a Hull City, but too much of a liability in a game like this.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
He didnt play a game for few weeks now, not sure how smart would it be to give him a first game in the derby, i would love it tbh but there is a possibility he would be out of form a little bit....id probably prefer Rashford to run at their fullbacks because all 4 of them are average defenders at best right now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He didnt play a game for few weeks now, not sure how smart would it be to give him a first game in the derby, i would love it tbh but there is a possibility he would be out of form a little bit....id probably prefer Rashford to run at their fullbacks because all 4 of them are average defenders at best right now.
He's been training for quite a while, I am sure he will manage to play atleast 70 minutes no problem.

Dobbs

I'd play him. It's the derby so I'd get as many Mancunians as realistically possible into the lineup. Same goes for Rashford.

Man Utd 1:2 Man City

Tiber

Dreadful first 15 mins. Remain far from convinced that he is good enough.

Hope he proves me wrong but sure isnt looking like it

van Persie

Not going to say he's not good enough and all that 20 minutes in but how does he start over Rashford? It makes zero sense.

Robbie Boy

The only player I got wrong in my lineup prediction. Had Rashford over him and no idea why he started. He's been fecking woeful.

Footyislife

Idiotic to start Lingard in this match. He's so bad under pressure. Leaving the likes of Martial on the bench. Jose channelling his inner LVG hard.

AndyJ1985

This lad isn't very good. Rashford or Martial should always be starting over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.