5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philadelphian

I bet you were moaning about the line up against Chelsea.

Lingard is a big game player and his presence provides time and space for other players thanks to his tireless runs off the ball into space dragging defenders around.
Yes, back to being just a runner.

Robbie Boy

He's grand in the bigger games for tactical reasons. He's utterly pointless in games like today.

JoaquinJoaquin

We need to play one of Martial / Rashford in his place against City. Neither should be on the bench for the likes of Lingard.
I'm not really a big fan of Lingard, but like a few others above have mentioned, in the big games I don't mind him playing as he does well in putting pressure on the opposition players etc. It's in games like today he probably shouldn't be starting as he doesn't impose himself enough and these kind of games we need people with that knack of doing something out of the ordinary which 80% of the time he doesn't do.

kundalini

I thought he was very good today. He works incredibly hard and in this particular match, I thought he unsettled their build-up play.

Ixion

The odd good game followed by 4-5 anonymous ones. It's why he shouldn't be a regular starter.

Devil may care

He worked hard as usual but didn't effect the game much, I really think if Martial can keep his workrate up like today we can play him with Rashford instead of Lingard.

Fracture90

He's like that Energizer bunny, can run all day but one slight push and he goes down.

Not his best game, think playing him every game actually makes him worse.

Squad player, starting an odd game and coming off the bench is his bread and butter.

He does a great job stretching the defense with his ever present runs.

Sylar

Think he should start as part of a front three with Rashford and Martial against City..

Chip

He's like that Energizer bunny, can run all day but one slight push and he goes down.

Not his best game, think playing him every game actually makes him worse.

Squad player, starting an odd game and coming off the bench is his bread and butter.

He does a great job stretching the defense with his ever present runs.
I agree with this. He actually reminds a quite a bit of Ji-Sung Park just with a little bit less energy, and a bigger knack for the odd moment of brilliance. Certainly a useful squad player, and the fact that he's homegrown is a bonus.

Web of Bissaka

Off form atm. Clearly a squad player with his many limitations. Him playing in many recent games have to do with us having limited options, and tactics.

If he's going to play next against MCity, hope he'll have a great game:devil:.

bri2013

I was just skipping through the match day thread and came across this post

Now all becomes clear, people who think Lingard is a good player are actually confusing him with other players.

He must be on the pitch somewhere.
:boring:

Fracture90

I agree with this. He actually reminds a quite a bit of Ji-Sung Park just with a little bit less energy, and a bigger knack for the odd moment of brilliance. Certainly a useful squad player, and the fact that he's homegrown is a bonus.
Dunno why but a word homegrown when used to describe a player always makes me laugh :D

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No issues with him really (apart from the awful dabbing). Valued squad player.

stevoc

Yesterday he pressed the keeper into hitting it out for a throw which was great.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
9 times out of 10, he's about as prominent as Andre Gomes, then out the blue he puts in a Nedved performance with an absolute banger.

Bwuk

He's not great when he plays on the right imo.

He should either play just off the striker or on the left coming infield.

I'm not his biggest fan but I think we'd of looked better with Rooney on the right and Lingard on the left against Burnley.

stevoc

I'm not his biggest fan but I think we'd of looked better with Rooney on the right and Lingard on the left against Burnley.
Thats a big part of why he often looks so anonymous in games like he did yesterday. His skill set is much more suited to playing centrally.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

But we did fine against Burnley. Defended very well and were relatively clinical in attack. :confused:

Man City 0:0 Man Utd

Home&Away

He needs to play where mkhitaryan started as a false CF and let Rashford and Martial play around him. Lingard can create space that Mkhitrayan can't.

Sylar

I was surprised he didnt start nor come on much sooner for Mkhi. Thought Mkhi was one of our poorest players.
I do think Lingard would have been isolated though cos we werent using the ball well today.

JoaquinJoaquin

He needs to play where mkhitaryan started as a false CF and let Rashford and Martial play around him. Lingard can create space that Mkhitrayan can't.
We couldn't do that every game because Lingard is far too inconsistent to start every game. Last night was a game he probably should of started though.

Robertd0803

Would be very surprised if we don't see him start Thursday night.
I was very surprised. Also I don't anticipate Jose to ever start the combination of Rashford/Martial/Miki in a big game again after last night and will probably favour Lingard instead of one of Martial/Miki.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I'm a fan but he's been poor for a few games now.

Giving us nothing at the moment.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'm a fan but he's been poor for a few games now.

Giving us nothing at the moment.
Same, from decent squad player he has turned into nothing player who shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven.

Status
Not open for further replies.