g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny

Grammar Police
His first touch is poor far too often. Invariably leads to our build up play breaking down.

NinjaFletch

Another half where he's getting criticised because of who he is rather than what he's done. Been decent and provided virtually the only bit of quality for the goal.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
big fan of his but he is poor today even with that nice bit of play for the goal....he just isnt a right winger, specially in games where we are a much better team.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Another half where he's getting criticised because of who he is rather than what he's done. Been decent and provided virtually the only bit of quality for the goal.
He's directly involved in an awful lot of our goals for someone who gets a hard time from some folk on here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
But redeemed himself at least with a nice little through ball there.

But feck me, he has to have better all round play if he's gonna get so many minutes.
He's getting singled out for nothing. He's made some fantastic plays in the first half, specifically winning the ball at the center circle and driving down the middle towards goal a couple of times.

luke511

To be fair he picked his performance up in those last 10 minutes, must have seen my comment..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's directly involved in an awful lot of our goals for someone who gets a hard time from some folk on here.
Its the usual psychology - when we aren't playing well, take it out on Lingard. When we play well, give anyone but Lingard credit.

Home&Away

Moved to AM positions and automatically made better runs and an assist for the penalty.

He needs to stop being used on the wings and have him fight for his natural position. That's how I see a late bloomer like him progressing now.

Godfather

Was decent the last 10 mins. Apart from that atrocious. Couldn't pass, couldn't control the football.

arnie_ni

Think he has the best movement and one of the smartest players in the team. Picks up great positions, makes great runs. Probably the best off the ball movement in the team.

Just doesn't have the top level quality to be any more than what he is.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Moved to AM positions and automatically made better runs and an assist for the penalty.

He needs to stop being used on the wings and have him fight for his natural position. That's how I see a late bloomer like him progressing now.
Agree, it's almost a shame we're playing rooney there instead of him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's getting singled out for nothing. He's made some fantastic plays in the first half, specifically winning the ball at the center circle and driving down the middle towards goal a couple of times.
Behave yourself Raoul he's been stone average again. How come when he plays or does something well we got all the Lingard fans on here shouting from the rooftops but when he's poor he should be called out as being poor. Like today in the first half hopefully he'll be better in the second half.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Behave yourself Raoul he's been stone average again. How come when he plays or does something well we got all the Lingard fans on here shouting from the rooftops but when he's poor he should be called out as being poor. Like today in the first half hopefully he'll be better in the second half.
No one claimed otherwise. None of our players have been particularly brilliant so lets not take it all out on Lingard. Completely sick of it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Think he has the best movement and one of the smartest players in the team. Picks up great positions, makes great runs. Probably the best off the ball movement in the team.

Just doesn't have the top level quality to be any more than what he is.
Agreed. He's literally our only threat down the middle. Otherwise we are relegated to being 100% wing merchants.

Lawman

No one claimed otherwise. None of our players have been particularly brilliant so lets not take it all out on Lingard. Completely sick of it.
There are a few out of sorts and playing poorly Rooney Herrera Lingard the main 3 offenders. Rooney is gone Herrera has put in some top performances this is Lingards normal level I'm afraid.

Robbie Boy

Yup. When he does anything that would constitute as good it's fair game to praise him. However, when he's been relatively poor - like he has been today - it's always because everyone else has been poor and it's not fair to 'single' poor Jesse out. It's sad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There are a few out of sorts and playing poorly Rooney Herrera Lingard the main 3 offenders. Rooney is gone Herrera has put in some top performances this is Lingards normal level I'm afraid.
The entire team have been below average. Its easy to have a go at Lingard to take out one's frustrations on our overall state of play.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Is the only player who is able to find space at the top of the box. Nice pass for the penalty and also found space well when he popped up to play it out to young and then had the shot wide after. Unfortunately spun it wide but better than the rest TBH. Think he looks a lot better with mata or miki with him to utilize that movement and ability to find pockets of space.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yup. When he does anything that would constitute as good it's fair game to praise him. However, when he's been relatively poor - like he has been today - it's always because everyone else has been poor and it's not fair to 'single' poor Jesse out. It's sad.
He hasn't - had a decent chance on the lob from Martial and had a couple of good spells where he won the ball at mid field and drove it down the middle. I suppose he hasn't quite mastered the art of diving to win a pen yet, but hey give it time.

Rossa

The touch of a drunk elephant today. He, Rooney and Carrick have been our worst players by some distance today - shame it's three of them playing this poorly.

Lawman

The entire team have been below average. Its easy to have a go at Lingard to take out one's frustrations on our overall state of play.
I agree but this is a more common performance with Jesse than the others bar Rooney nowadays. Hopefully Jesse ups his game this half.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's been fine if a bit quiet at times.

The problem is people have made their minds up, so if he misses a pass it's jumped on as evidence he's shit and anything positive he does is ignored.

I mean there were even people in the match thread moaning as if that ball over the top to him was some kind of sitter he missed.

Robbie Boy

He lacks consistency. At times he looks good for a 5 / 10 minute spell and then goes completely to shit.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The touch of a drunk elephant today. He, Rooney and Carrick have been our worst players by some distance today - shame it's three of them playing this poorly.
Funny but also painfully true. Disappointing because the build up to the goal shows what he's capable of. I thought and hoped Boro (A) was a tipping point.

Rossa

Funny but also painfully true. Disappointing because the build up to the goal shows what he's capable of. I thought and hoped Boro (A) was a tipping point.
He does this repeatedly. He has a good game and we think it's a turning point only for him to be rubbish the next game. It looks like he never finds any momentum to build on.

Robbie Boy

He does this repeatedly. He has a good game and we think it's a turning point only for him to be rubbish the next game. It looks like he never finds any momentum to build on.
I honestly can't recall him putting together a good, consistent 3/4 game run. That's not good enough for a player that gets so many starts. He seems to have a bit of a blinded fan base in here who think he's great, though.

Rossa

I honestly can't recall him putting together a good, consistent 3/4 game run. That's not good enough for a player that gets so many starts. He seems to have a bit of a blinder fan base in here who think he's great, though.
Agree with this 100%. That's why starting him is such a gamble. He can play an 8/10 one match and completely disappear for the next just when you think he hit some form.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agree with this 100%. That's why starting him is such a gamble. He can play an 8/10 one match and completely disappear for the next just when you think he hit some form.
We have a good number of players who do this. Its not a Lingard issue.

Lawman

Such an ordinary player in one of our attacking positions really kills us.

Status
Not open for further replies.