5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the hea

Terrible just terrible. The fact that he got 90 minutes despite doing nothing besides giving the ball away for the whole game says it all about our problems and why we don't win enough games.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It was a poor team performance. People don't like blaming the team as a whole and seem to love venting on players like Lingard.

How about Martial, Carrick, Blind, Rashford, and Young ? Even better, lets have a look at how the manager failed to motive this group today.
I dont think Jose is to blame here. Lingard gave the ball away so much.

Oscie

Thought he was decent first half with his movement, second half he gradually became the one of the worst players on the pitch, again. He's a trier but his lack of skill or ability is painful at times.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
But but he works hard and came from academy...
I'd say he doesn't work that hard. I mean is he running further than the rest of the squad? Is he putting in huge defensive shifts? Tackling, blocks, interceptions up?

Guy closes down but never actually pressures the oppo defenders. Seems like he does it via circuitry thinking rather than his own ability or thoughts.

Lovely lad, academy product. Should be playing for Watford.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I dont think Jose is to blame here. Lingard gave the ball away so much.
Lingard isn't the reason the team played poorly over all. That's just a complete cop out. The manager is responsible for the mental/psychological/tactical preparation on matchday and he completely failed.

Oscie

People getting pissy that others aren't coming into the Jesse Lingard performance thread to discuss how Michael Carrick played?

Really, is this where we are now with defending him?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's a poor player. Another Cleverly and its a shame Mourinho has decided to keep him

Robbie Boy

People getting pissy that others aren't coming into the Jesse Lingard performance thread to discuss how Michael Carrick played?

Really, is this where we are now with defending him?
Been this way for ages. It's odd.

Man-United

He did fine against Boro and Burnley so I think he has a future here, if we go back one week.

Stop change your opinion just because he had a poor game.

AndyJ1985

Lingard isn't the reason the team played poorly over all. That's just a complete cop out. The manager is responsible for the mental/psychological/tactical preparation on matchday and he completely failed.
Who is saying Lingard is to blame for the team playing bad? People are saying Lingard is a poor footballer. What has the performance of the team got to do with that?

Ramshock

Equally just because the team played poorly doesnt mean you have to forgive the worst offenders. The manager is doing a good job with the amount of games and injuries we have had

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like Lingard. I wanted him to be given a chance in the 1st team a few seasons ago and when he finally did get the chance last year I was happy. I thought he started his United career brightly on the left. Ever since, with a few nice moments here and there, I've been disappointed. I hope as the team grows under José so does he because, right now, I don't think he's even cutting it as a squad player.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You're entitled to your opinion - i happen to think its myopic. The problem today was the manager failed to motivate this side to perform with the energy and vigor needed to get the job done. Spot the difference between the Chelsea game and this one.
You're talking nonsense now. Problem was nothing to do with motivation it was our lack of quality and Lingsrd is a huge part of this.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He's a poor player. Another Cleverly and its a shame Mourinho has decided to keep him
Cleverly was on of the worst players I'd seen for a while at United. His constant screaming for the ball into feet from five yards away only to pop it back to the passers feet instantly fifteen times a game made my blood boil.

Lingard makes me feel the same way.

BlahRules

We need more quality players, I can't believe his earning 100k a year. Squad player at best and should not be playing to get us wins.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Equally because the team played poorly doesnt mean you have to forgive the worst offenders. The manager is doing a good job with the amount of games and injuries we have had
I have a hard time blaming individual players. Its easy to do that to vent about the frustration of not playing well during and just after the match, but ultimately, the manager is responsible for everything. He selects the players, formations, tactics, and is responsible for ensuring the team has the correct mentality before sending them out.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Should strictly be a squad player next season. Not good enough to be starting regularly for united.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're talking nonsense now. Problem was nothing to do with motivation it was our lack of quality and Lingsrd is a huge part of this.
You must be completely blind. The entire team played in a languid, unmotivated manner today.

AndyJ1985

Cleverly was on of the worst players I'd seen for a while at United. His constant screaming for the ball into feet from five yards away only to pop it back to the passers feet instantly fifteen times a game made my blood boil.

Cleverley wasn't that bad, which was the problem, he was just painfully average - a nothing player mostly. That's similar to Lingard. He's not really, really bad, but he's not good either. He just stinks of mediocrity.

Deleted member 101472

Probably a 2/10 performance in a game where no one had better than a 3

Lawman

You must be completely blind. The entire team played in a languid, unmotivated manner today.
Yeah and you think Lingard was decent yet it's me who is Blind lol laughable.

Lawman

Spot on

stevoc

Amazing how many games just pass this guy by without him actually doing anything much of note. Fair play to him he set up the penalty but is first touch is generally awful, loses the ball so, so often it's a joke.

He's not a winger to be fair to him doesn't have any attributes to be effective there, he's a no10 but not good enough to play there for us. He's a decent squad player for a mid-table side, and as long as we keep players of this level around the squad that where we will finish.

Bojan11

We lacked quality in the final third.

Yes Swansea had chances. But when we got four fullbacks in defence and two of them converted fullbacks that was bound to happen. We needed that extra quality up front and Lingard failed to show that. Along with Rashford and Rooney.

This is the player performance thread. Not the manager performance thread. Jose can't go on the field and play Lingards game for him.

Lawman

I have a hard time blaming individual players. Its easy to do that to vent about the frustration of not playing well during and just after the match, but ultimately, the manager is responsible for everything. He selects the players, formations, tactics, and is responsible for ensuring the team has the correct mentality before sending them out.
So Jose is to blame for Lingard being hopeless

Oscie

Cleverley wasn't that bad, which was the problem, he was just painfully average - a nothing player mostly. That's similar to Lingard. He's not really, really bad, but he's not good either. He just stinks of mediocrity.
They're two different type of players. I think the comparison between the two is the whole idea that a bizarrely large section of the fan base refuse to accept any criticism of them despite the fact their performances are routinely crap. I genuinely think that if Lingard walked on the pitch and sat down and masturbated for 90 minutes at least 4 people would insist that we should instead be talking about how terrible Carrick's misplaced pass in the 17th minute was.

It's almost comical deflection. Every. Single. Time.

Ramshock

I coached for 15 years. I suppose I watch games differently to you. But its a forum and opinions vary.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah and you think Lingard was decent yet it's me who is Blind lol laughable.
I don't think he even has a place at Swansea's starting line-up. And we're talking about a team fighting relegation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So Jose is to blame for Lingard being hopeless
Jose is to blame for the team performance. Its obvious we played like a pub team compared to our recent Chelsea performance. But yeah, let's take massive steaming dump on Lingard because it makes as feel good about ourselves.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He is good enough to perform the role of squad player, but should not be considered a first teamer like he has this season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yet the manager doesn't actually play, which is the biggest part in all of this. You can have the greatest game plan in the world and have a bunch of lads ready to run through a brick wall for you before kickoff, but once the game starts quality is what wins matches. The fact that you think our draw today (specifically today) has anything to do with Jose is laughable. We have a shattered, injury riddled squad that even when fully fit lacks quality in certain areas. Nothing the manager could have done differently today imo, unless you would have preferred us parking the bus the entire second half to see out the win.

Oh and Lingard was terrible today, he reminds me of a headless chicken on the field at times. Not to say he's the only one who was poor though...

Lawman

Jose is to blame for the team performance. Its obvious we played like a pub team compared to our recent Chelsea performance. But yeah, let's take massive steaming dump on Lingard because it makes as feel good about ourselves.
Nothing to with this lets be honest if a player plays well we will call it but when one plays poorly call it. Lingard yet again was shocking today (not for the first time).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I coached for 15 years. I suppose I watch games differently to you. But its a forum and opinions vary.
We are crap at every level today. Even DDG was off. Therefore we have to take a look at the mental preparation of the team as a whole as organized by the manager. If everyone is tried and fatigued then Jose should've picked up on this and made appropriate adjustments before sending them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.