5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Its a disgrace he starts ahead of Depay imo
what happened mate, even though we are always taking the piss you usually had a decent eye but in last month or so you are just talking rubbish :(

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'm not excited by him. I think he'll never be anything more than a squad player, but I don't understand those calling for Depay to play instead. What has he done to deserve a starting place? He did nothing against Northampton and people were quick to call it a good performance.

Šjor Bepo

good performance in the first half, fantastic pressing in defense and nice link up play as always....assist was:drool:

Bwuk

Good assist and playing well so far. much better option than Young if Mkhi and Martial aren't fit.

AR87

I find it hilarious that anytime he has a poor performance he becomes shite and not good enough for a squad player. When you don't throw him in the deep end in a derby fresh off an injury he adds value to our attack simply through his movement, work rate and link up play.

End product could improve, but you could see what he brings to the table in that first half as he was popping up everywhere and causing their defense problems.

MounchesterUtd

Incredible work rate and always seems to be at the right time, all the time. Low key MOTM performance.

Can't wait to see more dabs with Le Pog :drool:

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Good squad player but we should really be starting Mkhitaryan ahead of him. Lingard had a worse game than Mkhitaryan against City yet proved himself that he's a lot better than he showed. Mkhitaryan should have the chance to do that

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's one of those players who will often go under the radar but adds a lot of control to a team performance. He'll be hugely under appreciated by a lot of people but he's a very good player.

Kag

A mark of his character today. He showed up after a horrible performance previously and played very well.

OldTrevil

His performance against City was a outlier as he is usually a big game player, but there is a tendency to over criticize him when he under performs. Good game today, he will get a lot of playing time because of what he brings to the team: intelligent movement, link up play, speed, and if he improves his goal return he could finally convince all doubters.

facund

Seemed to show no ill effects from the City debacle and subsequent dropping which is really good to see. Lovely touch for Mata's goal and a reasonably tidy, understated kind of game from him. We'll see plenty more of him this season and there is plenty more to come in terms of performance now that he is up and running.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's one of those players who will often go under the radar but adds a lot of control to a team performance. He'll be hugely under appreciated by a lot of people but he's a very good player.
Interestingly, I see it completely different. More like a player who doesn't contribute much, but that still has his moments in many matches (Chelsea, FA final, Leicester in CS, today with the assist, etc). I thought that today, he and Valencia were our worst performers, although neither of them was bad, but still in different wavelength to their teammates.

With Miki and Martial returning, I don't think that he will have many chances. We have Rashford, Martial, Mata and Miki for those three positions, and maybe Rooney too. However, I prefer him to Depay and Young.

DadiBG

Has pretty good chemistry with Pogba, I thought. The two of them would pretty often look for one-another with their passes. Jesse makes these neat little intelligent runs into spaces and Pogba would often see them and thread a pass - we've been crying out for something like this.

Mata's goal was them combining as well. In general I really like him, let's see if Mkhitaryan can earn his way into the team, but it's between the two of them for RW, I'd say, Rashford has the left nailed down at the moment.

Djemba-Djemba

Did well for the Mata goal.

I don't think he's good enough as a regular starter, but he's a useful squad option. I'd rather see him come on than Young for example.

Sylar

Never ever ever start him on (or restrict him to) the left again. That was probably one of the biggest (maybe only) mistakes from Jose so far.

His off the ball runs create a lot of space for others. I think hes a perfectly fine squad player to have.

kundalini

I thought he had a good game and his movement was a real asset for us.

Šjor Bepo

Did you watch the same game? He was completely anonymous with the exception of the assist.
Did you watch Lingard? He wasnt involved that much thats true but when he was he played some nice staff and his off the ball game is always exceptional, both defensive and offensive.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Did you watch Lingard? He wasnt involved that much thats true but when he was he played some nice staff and his off the ball game is always exceptional, both defensive and offensive.
I didn't specifically watch him but I did notice his off the ball movement in possession and all he did was shift inside constantly leaving Valencia as the only outlet outside.

I'll keep a more careful watch on him next time though

criticalanalysis

Wait for a individual highlights video and then you can see what his contributions to the team are.

He always offers himself as an option whether on the ball or as a outlet off it. Plenty of energy and running.

Very good squad player that gets Utd. You can't ask for more at this stage. If he starts playing every single game like Rooney did then you can start criticising his weaknesses.

criticalanalysis

Here you go.

The video doesn't make it look like a 'good' performance from him but then it is out of context.

He's a busy body who does all the 'simple-hard' stuff like running, giving energy, offering on and off the ball movement whilst combining it with decent technique, game intelligence and tactical awareness. Of course a fit Miki should be on the pitch instead of him but that's not the point.

There's always time for a player like that in the squad when you have other super explosive/creative/attacking players.

In the past with Fergie it was Fletcher, O'Shea, P.Neville, Park etc etc.

M Bison

Supports
York City

Here you go.

The video doesn't make it look like a 'good' performance from him but then it is out of context.

He's a busy body who does all the 'simple-hard' stuff like running, giving energy, offering on and off the ball movement whilst combining it with decent technique, game intelligence and tactical awareness. Of course a fit Miki should be on the pitch instead of him but that's not the point.

There's always time for a player like that in the squad when you have other super explosive/creative/attacking players.

In the past with Fergie it was Fletcher, O'Shea, P.Neville, Park etc etc.
Good video. He'll never be quite good enough to nail down a first team place but is a great option and you know what you're getting from him, always puts a shift in and will pop up with a few goals too.

yamo123x

Actually wonder if many here watched the game or just the highlights- Lingard ran about and made good assist but was largely anonymous. Opinions vary fair enough but I thought he was ordinary at best.

facund

The highlights video shows his decent display but I can't help but distrust these things when they don't show key moments such as his assist. It was the stand out piece of play from him yesterday and yet they chose to include inane clips of him losing an aerial duel instead.

I actually had to watch it through a couple of times to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

Status
Not open for further replies.