Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
how much would you pay for a squad player then? our top players are getting payed 200-250k and most of our rotation players are above 60k....people getting upset about him getting a pay raise and even with that raise he will be one of the lowest payed players in the club:rolleyes:
£60,000 sounds a fair deal for everyone concerned. For reference, that's approximately what Lucas Vázquez earns at Madrid, and I think they're kind of comparable in terms of relative statures at the club(s). As far as the big picture wage management is concerned - not only in the squad bloated with redundancies, we should definitely re-evaluate the ridiculous wages some of our players earn. It's understandable that Lingard feels miffed by the £60,000 per week proposal when the likes of Fellaini, Young, Schneiderlin earn close to £100,000 per week.
Manchester United have the highest wages in world football according to a global sports salary survey, produced annually by the Sporting Intelligence website.

United's first-team squad earn £5.77 million-a-year basic salary on average, which is £110,961-per-week. That is reportedly more than double the average basic first-team pay in England's top division, which is £2,438,275-a-year or £48,766-a-week.
http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-uni...ve-biggest-wage-bill-in-world-football-report
http://www.globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS 2016.pdf

Totally out of sync with our median performances, though some of the figures are admittedly inflated by 3-4 megawage players who won't be around in 2 years.

ti vu

£60,000 sounds a fair deal for everyone concerned. For reference, that's approximately what Lucas Vázquez earns at Madrid, and I think they're kind of comparable in terms of relative statures at the club(s). As far as the big picture wage management is concerned - not only in the squad bloated with redundancies, we should definitely re-evaluate the ridiculous wages some of our players earn. It's understandable that Lingard feels miffed by the £60,000 per week proposal when the likes of Fellaini, Young, Schneiderlin earn close to £100,000 per week.

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-uni...ve-biggest-wage-bill-in-world-football-report
http://www.globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS 2016.pdf

Totally out of sync with our median performances, though some of the figures are admittedly inflated by 3-4 megawage players who won't be around in 2 years.
Can you make a thread on this instead of people rating player performance on their wage, transfer fee... rather than their actual performance?

Robbie Boy

Lingard is average. Nothing more than a squad player and doesn't deserve a 60K contract.
He is average alright but he's the type of squad player that will give his all when given a chance and he won't rock the boat. Sixty grand a week really isn't that much for a club of our stature to be paying a squad player who also happens to be an England international. You would swear he's getting £200k per week, the way some are going on.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Lingard often doesn't get much of a mention even when he plays well but he made us a lot better in attack when he came on today. He puts himself about and is always making great movements which opens up the play for his teammates. He may not be first choice to start but is definitely a great option to have in the squad and I hope he stays here for many years to come. I just worry he may get frustrated being a fridge player as I feel he is good enough to be starting for some of the top sides now.

Robbie Boy

Thought he might get the nod tonight ahread of Mata. I think he's better as an impact player to be honest. Decent enough cameo and was unlucky not to score.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I had him to start ahead of Mata in my prediction and if I don't say so myself made the better decision.

facund

I just worry he may get frustrated being a fridge player as I feel he is good enough to be starting for some of the top sides now.
I like Lingard and think he brightened up our play when he came on tonight. He has the makings of a good squad player for us but I can't agree with the idea he would be starting for any of the top teams. He hasn't found the consistency to produce the kind of telling contributions we have seen flashes of here and there. He might get regular starts at Everton but not at the likes of Spurs, Pool, Arsenal, City or Chelsea. Maybe he reaches that level in he next few years but I think he'll be happy/content with the amount of minutes he seems to be getting.

Fracture90

He has very good of the ball movement, we looked more active once he came on. Shame for that half-chance he had near the end. Valuable squad player.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Good squad player to have around, will never become top class or be a given in the first 11, but he will happily sit on the bench and be an impact sub without making a sound about it or throw a hissy fit. And that is a very important kind of player to have for a team, also homegrown.

Sylar

Thought he should have started. I do think we need one wing to have pace as our movement up top isnt great when the three end up being Mata, Rooney and Zlatan. Unlucky not to score.
nothing wrong with having him in our squad.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Good squad player to have around, will never become top class or be a given in the first 11, but he will happily sit on the bench and be an impact sub without making a sound about it or throw a hissy fit. And that is a very important kind of player to have for a team, also homegrown.
That's what I hoped and originally thought about Lingard being a squad player but I read something about him holding out on a new contract and it made me think he might not be so happy to sit around as a squad player. Not sure if the story was true or not.

Mike09

I feel that Mata was too static yesterday. But Lingard's movement and run was actually what we needed. Good subs.

marlowe78

Thought he was good. Not sure why he didn't start, we were so lacking in movement up there.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That's what he gives you that Mata doesn't.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That cross was genuinely amazing. Running at full speed and getting the right weight on the ball...

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
As squad players go, we've had a hell of a lot worse. As a local lad who scored the winner in a cup final only 6 months ago, the hate for him at times is utterly baffling.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Ridiculous cross. He meant that all the way. The kind of technique to pull that off is higher than what I thought he was capable of producing. Perhaps De Bruyne could have done that but hardly Jesus Navas. Absolutely top class stuff.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
As squad players go, we've had a hell of a lot worse. As a local lad who scored the winner in a cup final only 6 months ago, the hate for him at times is utterly baffling.
Yeah I don't understand it honestly. I think he's shown more than enough to deserve a longer run here.

Status
Not open for further replies.