5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

I don't really understand the negativity towards him. he gives 100 percent every game . yeah he makes the wrong decisions at times but for his age and the stage of his career I think he has offered more than most . I would play him and Mhiki off Zlatan Rather than Rashford and Martial ( they should both Replace Zlatan after 70 and cup games) the pace would be unbelievable .

Reactions: Penna

Brophs

The One and Only
How many FA cups has he won for us since last season? Bottler.

Smudge

He needs to put a few decent performances together in a row rather than good games here or there.

If his finishing improves he can be very handy.

Also why can some players never bulk up even just a bit. He is not going to lose pace as a result

Jaybomb

Hes a good wee player but not good enough to keep Mata out of the Starting 11 in my opinion. Theres a place for him in the team but Mata is vital if we want to play attractive football. He scores more goals too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I used to not rate lingard because for me he just is not that excel at anything except making runs, but now I see what he brings to the team, especially with Ibra as a striker

Player like Lingard will excel in this setup because Ibra tends to drop deep and it makes space for him to run into, something that I wish Martial would learn eventually instead of just stay at the wing for 90 minutes and try to dribble past the defender

Lingard will not turn into player like Hazard or Neymar who constantly try to dribble past the opponent, and he probably will never be as good as them, but his intelligent runs, solid overall technique, and his willingness to defend will guarantee him a place in United squad, just wish that his finishing will improve though
True. In contrast to Lingard, I always thought Martial lack this football 'intelligent' that most probably due to his young age. He should watch and learn Lingard off the ball movements.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Can't help but love Jesse. Must be an important guy keeping the spirits up in the dressing room.

Albiston

Always seems to give 100% effort, full of running, scores goals and performs well in bigger games.
I think he gives the team a better balance when he plays on the right than what Mata does in the same position.
However, I think, if Mikhi and Martial are fit and in form they play ahead of him every time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Always seems to give 100% effort, full of running, scores goals and performs well in bigger games.
I think he gives the team a better balance when he plays on the right than what Mata does in the same position.
However, I think, if Mikhi and Martial are fit and in form they play ahead of him every time.
Agree. A more than good squad player for the next 5-7 years, as long as he's happy with the role. And all points to him absolutely lovin' it at the club.

prateik

The new AndowLove.. except he actually contributes when he plays.
I still love Andow

Man Utd 3:1 Sunderland

Sylar

Decent, not great. Think hes a good option to have as backup to Mkhi long-term especially when we have 3 games in 7 days period like today.

OldTrevil

I thought he played well, his close control was on point the whole time and he made the right pass almost every time. Unfortunate that his receivers muddled it a lot. He had a number of successful dribbles and I really enjoyed his game as you could see the determination and confidence to drive with the ball. But as usual he's the first one some people here turn to when there is nothing/no one in particular to moan at, Mourinho sees his contribution though and that's all that matters. Based on today's game I'd say he edges Martial to start the next game alongside Mkhitaryan and Zlatan, however no complains whoever starts among them and Mata as the tactics demand. All our forwards are finally playing well at the same time, Martial is a little off but clearly on the way.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He got a bit better as the game went on but all in all a disappointing performance. Output and consistency are his main issues, hope he can improve that

criticalanalysis

His effort and intention are always top notch. Today his execution was decent, too bad the chemistry wasn't really there with Mata and Zlatan though.

If only Martial had his off the ball movement sigh.

AndyJ1985

He's a fairly average player and far from the level of player we need to get us back competing for the CL. The difference in quality between him and Mkhitaryan is clear to see.

Seven Seas Sardines

Let's not sugar coat it, he was crap again. Shouldn't be starting.
My sentiments exactly. It's like some people on here have put the bar tragically low for players like Lingard and Rooney. Being decent and completing a few passes to the player next to him somehow warrants a starting role as a Manchester United wing forward..

Loublaze

ATLien
I like Lingard. He had a decent game, didn't put a foot wrong. He's obviously a backup player so I don't know why people bitch so much about him.

3KDré

We needed to rotate, and he did a solid job.

He was OK at best, but I don't really expect much more from a back up player playing against the league's cannon fodder. He certainly played better than Young or Depay would have and he's a solid, quiet, good player to have around the squad. Always fit, always raring to go and home grown to boot. Can't moan at all.

NoPace

Not a great player but his movement seemed good today. Definitely 4th behind Mkhitaryan, Mata and Martial but I prefer him out there than Rooney.

I sort of think he's better off here than a smaller team because his best qualities are the types that make you a better sidekick than leading man. I don't think he'd start for a team like West Brom or Southampton but he's a solid 4th winger here. This contrasts with someone like Zaha who can dribble but isn't good enough to start for us and should be getting tons of leash at a team where he can start every week and do sporadically great things.

JohnnyLaw

We needed to rotate, and he did a solid job.

He was OK at best, but I don't really expect much more from a back up player playing against the league's cannon fodder. He certainly played better than Young or Depay would have and he's a solid, quiet, good player to have around the squad. Always fit, always raring to go and home grown to boot. Can't moan at all.
You don't, when do you expect him to perform then? :smirk:

I like Jesse too but he's not consistent enough at the moment and we should look to have better squad options than the ones we have at this time. If we strive to win the big titles it's not good enough that there's such a drop in quality on our wings once Mkhitaryan and Martial are out.
You look at other top teams in the premier league and the world and they have two options for pretty much every position who are at least close in quality.
I'd be happy to keep Lingard as a backup, if we strenghten our squad in other areas as I think that he contributes enough to merit a place in the squad, but not based on his footballing ability which is a problem.

OohAahMartial

Let's not sugar coat it, he was crap again. Shouldn't be starting.
I won't sugar coat this either. Your judgement of him here is crap. He had 89 percent passing accuracy, 3 key passes/chances created and a whoscored rating of 6.96, just a bit more than Mata. It was a decent performance. One of our best players in the first half.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Had a decent game at WBA, but he was poor, once again yesterday.

Always comes in, never beat a man, can't shot, can't cross.

I really understand why LVG played him last year as a number 10.

He's very intelligent without the ball and has good runs, but unfortunately for him, football is a sport with the ball...

He's a pain to watch as he doesn't provide anything. He's only a backup player and should never start ahead of Mkhi or Martial tbh

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I won't sugar coat this either. Your judgement of him here is crap. He had 89 percent passing accuracy, 3 key passes/chances created and a whoscored rating of 6.96, just a bit more than Mata. It was a decent performance. One of our best players in the first half.

And it was one of our poorest first half of the year...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
A 6.5 rating should have been par for him yesterday. Thought he was decent. And he's a decent option to have come on to use his movement against tired defenses (ditto Rashford).

He's another of those players where there's probably quite a fair bit of overrating and underrating - when the truth is somewhere in the middle. Good squad player and he's homegrown. Bonus.

Hopefully he improves his finishing over the course of the season.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jose started him in the right games lately to allow players a breather and hopefully it will stay that way and not against the likes of City in front of the likes of Martial. Lingard is a back up player at best at old Trafford and hopefully in the future we can improve on these players but right now we still need improvement in our starting 11 and Jesse doesn't give us that unfortunately but he does allow us to squad rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.