Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not his best game but still helped us and was getting kicked about all over the place. Spurs fouled him the same way a couple of times which made me think he'd been targeted.

Loved it when he was trying to get Valencia back going again. Showed passion.

el3mel

What I love about him is that he seems like a constant target for passing and linking up for other players. His continuous movement and positioning gives more chances for his teammates to pass the ball and link the play even if his final ball wasn't quality, it's something we misswhenever he doesn't play and we mostly look like a non coherent team at this time. Lingard links everyone together with his continuous movement and being always a constant target for players to pass the ball to.

T A

holy hell, now the standards we use to choose attacking players are “run his heart out”, “make good run”, “always moving”, “made so many runs”. It’s astonishing why havent we sign Bolt and Mo Farah yet?

It’s shocking for one of biggest clubs having the fans being happy with an attacking player who owned the total of 2 goals, 1 deflected assist and 1 assist (3 of them from matches against the likes of Yeovil, Swansea and in meaningless game vs Bournemouth) in 16.5 matches, 16.5 fecking matches.

He's the most important player in our attack. Everything revolves around his movement.
revolves around his backward passes

Anybody that thought Lingard was poor today is watching the wrong sport....
Yep. I think i am lost in an athletics forum now, i should go back watching football before it’s too late

haram

holy hell, now the standards we use to choose attacking players are “run his heart out”, “make good run”, “always moving”, “made so many runs”. It’s astonishing why havent we sign Bolt and Mo Farah yet?

It’s shocking for one of biggest clubs having the fans being happy with an attacking player who owned the total of 2 goals, 1 deflected assist and 1 assist (3 of them from matches against the likes of Yeovil, Swansea and in meaningless game vs Bournemouth) in 16.5 matches, 16.5 fecking matches.

Yep. I think i am lost in an athletics forum now, i should go back watching football before it’s too late
You’re clueless mate.

Pacificgi

His movement is what sets him apart from martial and rashford at the moment. He deserves his starting place.

Micky Targaryen

You can talk all you want but i was right about City match and i will be right again this Saturday. Nothing you can do to change the fact
Wow. You're actually predicting or hoping that one of our players will underperform just to prove a point. I have no words.

Stay classy dude.

Kostov

I was one of Lingard's harshest critics at the start of the season. I admit since I have grown fond of him and acknowledged his contribution. I hope he stays since he is a great squad option and will contribute his bit if used rightly, but the moment we bring in a player who can do the intelligent off the ball staff coupled with real high quality footballing talent we will be a much better team.

muller

Eh?

Honestly no idea what you're going on about.

Another pretty steady game for one of the POTY candidates on Saturday.

His energy was great, but he was clearly targeted (I was there, and he was all over the pitch in a good way). Normally had 2 people tracking him which limits but frees up others to do more.

meamth

I think you're a city fan in disguise, or worse the dippers

T A

Wow. You're actually predicting or hoping that one of our players will underperform just to prove a point. I have no words.

Stay classy dude.
Nah, i’m not a highsight master, if i was that kind of people, i would hide somewhere waiting the match to end and go bashing your dear Jesse with nonstop comments everytime he didnt produce. I always saw through his true identity and made my opinion a week before matchdays. The question is why your idol Jesse just cant prove me wrong even once? Why cant he just recreate even a Swansea’s deflected assist against real opponents MC and Spurs? Why did my anticipations keep becoming true, not once but twice?

Has it ever crossed your delusional minds that if your dear Jesse had been really that good, why would have i still been here? I would have got banned by now for keeping speaking nonsenses but you know what? I am still here, because all I have written is fact, my posts are full of real informations instead of absurd insults from Lingard FC’s members who couldnt give a single stat to protect their precious idol.

I’m not too proud of my football knowledge but i’m pleased that i always look at it in logical way and not letting emotions affect. At least i know real United fans or any fan from European top 10 clubs in any decade wont ever be happy with an starting attacking player who owned the total of 2 goals, 1 deflected assist and 1 assist (3 of them from matches against the likes of Yeovil, Swansea and in meaningless game vs Bournemouth) in 16.5 matches, 16.5 consecutive fecking matches

Varun

Staff
Nah, i’m not a highsight master, if i was that kind of people, i would hide somewhere waiting the match to end and go bashing your dear Jesse with nonstop comments everytime he didnt produce. I always saw through his true identity and made my opinion a week before matchdays. The question is why your idol Jesse just cant prove me wrong even once? Why cant he just recreate even a Swansea’s deflected assist against real opponents MC and Spurs? Why did my anticipations keep becoming true, not once but twice?

Has it ever crossed your delusional minds that if your dear Jesse had been really that good, why would have i still been here? I would have got banned by now for keeping speaking nonsenses but you know what? I am still here, because all I have written is fact, my posts are full of real informations instead of absurd insults from Lingard FC’s members who couldnt give a single stat to protect their precious idol.

I’m not too proud of my football knowledge but i’m pleased that i always look at it in logical way and not letting emotions affect. At least i know real United fans or any fan from European top 10 clubs in any decade wont ever be happy with an starting attacking player who owned the total of 2 goals, 1 deflected assist and 1 assist (3 of them from matches against the likes of Yeovil, Swansea and in meaningless game vs Bournemouth) in 16.5 matches, 16.5 consecutive fecking matches
Why do you think Jose picks him so regularly especially given the options we have?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's had/having a great season of progression and how anyone could say otherwise is baffling.

He's a terrier and his constant, intelligent running and positioning create a lot of problems for defenders, and a lot of space for us.

Added to that, he can finish well, and can do so under pressure.

Anyone saying they're disappointed with him after this season, I would suggest is an oppo WUM.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm calling him Raumdeuter from now on.

The Bournemouth game. When he lost the defender to receive a pass and provide the assist for Smalling. He does that in every game. Making himself available for the pass. Ghosting away from defenders. Sounds rudimentary but it's that sort of stuff that City do every game that drags the defense all over creating space for others to pass and score.

The only thing holding him back from being a nailed on cog in this side is his ability to make the decisive pass on the counter. And that's something that can be worked at.

haram

:houllier:

RedDevil@84

Ya. He is useless. Jose is also useless because he picks him time and again.

Oh and how our standards have fallen. What a sad state of affairs.

edcunited1878

Statistics without context is just numbers. Logic implies you have context, which you don't provide or choose not to provide because you're ignorant. As much as you look into the black and white of it, there's so much gray in football that leads to the black or white, which you cannot ignore because football is much, much more than just of the outcome rather than how did you come to that outcome.

Let's use Saturday as an example. On the first United goal, after Pogba won possession off Dembele, Lingard made the correct run towards goal which occupied Davidson Sanchez and Dier (who pointed to Lingard and the space), allowing that bit more space/time for Pogba and at the same time, made Vertongin or the other Spurs CB to commit a poor run into the defensive space because now he has to account for the space in front of him that Lingard is running into just for that split second (he was wrong footed and his defensive run was round and was inbetween two minds). In addition, how can you calculate the fact that Lingard moved into the space before Sanchez's pass went off Lukaku (checked his run the first time to stay on side because if he continued his run, it would have been debatable he obstructed Vorm's view from an offside position) then he checked his run again as he approached the ball when Herrera was coming forward, didn't touch the ball and helped screen the vision of Vorm.

meamth

Who promoted this guy? You guys are responsible :nono:

T A

Why do you think Jose picks him so regularly especially given the options we have?
Maybe he loves Lingard because of his work rate but for the long term only assists/goals that matter when coming to definition of an attacking player. The name of this thread didnt change into Messe Lingod for a while if not the number of goals and assists he gave in first part of this season, but for the last 4 months, during the most important period which decides a whole season, he has been poor and backed to the old Lingard we’re fed up with.

You just cant always pick attacking players because of their defence ability, it may works in specific matches but for the long term it’s very risky, especially in matches that you must win. You saw for example Sevilla game where Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba didnt produce and we need some differences in attack but only have Lingard on the pitch, or in first half against MC where he totally disappeared, not everytime there was a Sterling in opponent’s squads wasting such so many chances to kill the match and save us.

Jose wasnt always right, this is his worst second season in a club throughout his career so definitely there’s something wrong in his approach

meamth

Maybe he loves Lingard because of his work rate but for the long term only assists/goals that matter when coming to definition of an attacking player. The name of this thread didnt change into Messe Lingod for a while if not the number of goals and assists he gave in first part of this season, but for the last 4 months, during the most important period which decides a whole season, he has been poor and backed to the old Lingard we’re fed up with.

You just cant always pick attacking players because of their defence ability, it may works in specific matches but for the long term it’s very risky, especially in matches that you must win. You saw for example Sevilla game where Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba didnt produce and we need some differences in attack but only have Lingard on the pitch, or in first half against MC where he totally disappeared, not everytime there was a Sterling in opponent’s squads wasting such so many chances to kill the match and save us.

Jose wasnt always right, this is his worst second season in a club throughout his career so definitely there’s something wrong in his approach
He was growing his frame and muscles. Before that coaches already lauded his football intelligence. Gosh.

By 23 he showing signs of his qualities that can be implemented to senior games.
Then last 2 seasons he showed what he is capable of.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Stop with the Lingard FC nonsense.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's had/having a great season of progression and how anyone could say otherwise is baffling.

He's a terrier and his constant, intelligent running and positioning create a lot of problems for defenders, and a lot of space for us.

Added to that, he can finish well, and can do so under pressure.

Anyone saying they're disappointed with him after this season, I would suggest is an oppo WUM.
He’s definitely having his best season but he’s not a terrier or a good finisher ffs our standards have dropped.

Lawman

Jesus Christ stats get tedious at times. There's more to football than the numbers.
I agree the same with Alli his stats are unbelievable but I get disappointed the majority of games I watch him in.

Lawman

Who promoted this guy? You guys are responsible :nono:
To be fair @TA he’s putting up a decent case for his opinion but like many a player thread once people don’t agree post like this and yours start appearing and then it gets lost.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
This 'If X player has a good season then our standards have dropped' is probably the laziest, most popular cliche on RedCafe these days.

Tell me by what standards is 13 goals and 8 assists poor given his position/role and not yet well-oiled team?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Lingard was playing very well up until we started playing 433 more often in the last couple of months. When we first made that transition it was actually him dropping deeper into a midfield role as all our other options were injured. Which in itself would be expected to lower his assists and goal tallies, but it also resulted in his form dropping a bit since that position doesn't really suit him. Since then he's been moved around a bit, sometimes out wide, sometimes deeper, and sometimes in the centre of the 4231 (which is the position where he has outperformed every other option we have this season), and he hasn't managed to quite get back to the form he was showing earlier in the season. He's still had good games, but he's also struggled at times.

Honestly, if we are going to continue playing 433 than to some extent I'll agree with you (although you are certainly going overboard). He and, to a larger extent, Mata are the two players who are hurt by changing to that formation. Lingard isn't good enough in the deeper role to play in the midfield, and out wide he hasn't been able to match the consistent form that he showed in the more central role. He can do it at times and do it well, but I wouldn't be planning on him filling that role as we go forward. However, if Mourinho wants to continue playing 4231 regularly, than he deserves to continue in the middle of the three until somebody outperforms him. Something that certainly hasn't happened this entire season.

Lawman

A bit like you, when Jesse was banging them in then?

Have you found a soul mate or created another account?
Not at all I don’t rate Lingard highly in fact I think he’s very average but credit due he’s has had a good spell and hopefully he kicks on but forgive me if I wait a while as still nowhere near convinced with him.

Steven7290

This 'If X player has a good season then our standards have dropped' is probably the laziest, most popular cliche on RedCafe these days.

Tell me by what standards is 13 goals and 8 assists poor given his position/role and not yet well-oiled team?
Stats doesn't work like that. Only the 16.5 games with 2 goals and something something that counts.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I wonder if Lingod would have a place in Mn City or Liverpool starting XI; two of the best attacking teams in the league.

3KDré

I wonder if Lingod would have a place in Mn City or Liverpool starting XI; two of the best attacking teams in the league.
If Milner, Henderson and Oxlade Chamberlain start for Liverpool I don't see why Lingard wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.