5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

He wouldn’t even score or play well for my 7-a-side team, he isn’t a footballer at all. So sick of seeing his name in our team, especially with Fellaini in it at the same time. They might have «good» games every now and again, but don’t people understand what we are up against? Even Everton and Stoke have good games where their average players are decent.

Not winning away from home is no problem, but we didn’t even try. Lingard offers nothing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If he didn't come up through our Academy and play for us, there would be no way in a million years we'd be interested in signing him.

It's the Darron Gibson equation.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm sorry, but he's just there filling out a shirt! When given the chance to impress, he should take it. But he doesn't because he can't. It's one thing to play him from time to time in these sort of games, but what was the point of extending his contract last season? In the past we've let go of several players with more ability, so I just don't understand it. Maybe someone can explain it to me, since I might be the ignorant one.

FanBoyRed

I'm sorry, but he's just there filling out a shirt! When given the chance to impress, he should take it. But he doesn't because he can't. It's one thing to play him from time to time in these sort of games, but what was the point of extending his contract last season? In the past we've let go of several players with more ability, so I just don't understand it. Maybe someone can explain it to me, since I might be the ignorant one.
Exactly, "he cant" .... he doesnt have the ability, so why give him a ridiculous contract. Even Micki and Mata at their worst, at least look threatening and have to be defended. Lingard is just a waste of space and he gets in other players ways when he tries to move inside instead of staying wide.

N2402

if i was a young player at utd i would want his agent that got him a £100k per week contract

NoPace

No its not. Martial has 704 minutes and Lingard 556. Or if for some bizarre reason you only count the league Martial has 70 more minutes.
Why the hell did Mkhitaryan and Mata not start instead of Lingard today? Rashford only played off the bench so someone from Rashford, Mkhitaryan and Mata is not going to start against Brighton.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He scored 5 goals, but still people keep saying he's shite, etc. You guys are pissing in the wind.

stevoc

He was complete meh tonight but then he played well against Swansea last month. So going off his historical form we shouldn't be expecting another good performance from him for at least another month or two.

Djemba-Djemba

He was complete meh tonight but then he played well against Swansea last month. So going off his historical form we shouldn't be expecting another good performance from him for at least another month or two.
:lol:

So true.

When's the next League Cup game?

Probably play well in that.

stevoc

:lol:

So true.

When's the next League Cup game?

Probably play well in that.
December 20th which is almost 8 weeks to the day from the Swansea game. You're probably right he will play well in that one, so after that here's hoping we get at least another 2 good performances out of him before the end of the season.

Acole9

Outstanding
Didn't take his chance last night, we do have a lot of fixtures coming up over the next few weeks and apart from perhaps the odd sub appearance I can't see which matches he'll start.

kundalini

I thought he was ordinary, rather than rubbish. Sometimes he gets knocked off the ball too easily for my liking. Generally he links better with Rashford than with other forwards, Lukaku's touch isn't ideal for that type of play. And Darmian wasted at least one good crossing opportunity after an interchange with Lingard.

If he wants to be a regular starter then he'll have to add something to his current game but as a squad player he is fine. There are numerous superior players in his position but very few of them would tolerate the amount of playing time Lingard gets.

Antonedwin

Moh Salah £90k-per-week, he is £100k
let that sink in

you can coach footballing brain but you can't coach talent nor traits
he isn't even a good athlete

Last edited:

DelPotro

I see City players do it a lot.
Please tell me you are not seriously comparing him to City's players.

They do it to keep possession and wait for the perfect moment to pass forward, usually initiated by KDB or Silva. Lingard does it because he is limited.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team even if he is playing for free. His undeserved 100k/w contract just makes it way worse.

Oscie

We'd be better off raffling off his place in the starting XI to some fat city banker and at least raising some money for charity in the process. Never seen a player who has achieved his number of appearances for a club at our level be so relentlessly irrelevant to at least 90% of games he plays in.

But we know the drill: Lingard has another painfully average performance - "Oh so you don't think Pele had off days then?!?!"

He wasn't to blame for last night. One individual player is rarely solely to blame. But the bar shouldn't be set that unless he scores 5 own goals, injures all 9 of his fellow out-field team mates and soils himself in the process then he's had "decent" night. But it seems to be. The response though is to always either ignore his performance by either pointing to another player(s) who also didn't play well either in the same game or in the past, or sometimes criticise those who notice how crap he is by suggesting somehow they're less of a fan for having that opinion.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

He was atrocious last night. Unfortunately, he's been pretty poor in general this season bar a-few moments.

Last edited:

shield

I don't think him and Lukaku and Darmian are a good combination. He only strength is movement and if we have to use him at all, then he needs to be deployed only with certain team members. Ideally, he does well with Rashford, Martial , Pogba and that too in home games. If we do this for a few matches, then his form will improve and he can carry it over to other tougher matches. He does not have the skill to impress no matter what the team selection and where we are playing.

All this is, if we are interested in spending time to get the best out him, which I don't think anyone will ever be, and so he is on his own here. Tough road ahead for him. Get the feeling that Jose does rate him, but Lingard will have to show more or risk being moved on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The thing that bugs me the most. He takes the ball, goes with the ball, makes a move like he will attack defender and then he does cleverley- pass the ball to first player. Every time. Every single time. He can be local, he can run all day but i can't accept winger who plays on safe every fecking single time. Just can't. Our defensive midfielder matic goes in dribble , tries something, even darmian tries to do something on his own in attack but our winger whos main job is to create, does not even try. He is a winger who didn't ever dribble past player. Shocking.
Someone said it good - instead of him , lets just try gomes or chong or some other kid.

buckooo1978

I like Jesse but he's not really offering enough to justify his wages is he

for me he joins Darmian as being a player I'd happily say goodbye to in January if the right offer came in

he's a symbol of our mediocrity the last 4 years

Thecarrickfan_2016

I don't know why he's still at the club to be honest, He offers nothing to us, I'd sell him in January, He's crap, He's a mid-table premier league player, The sooner he goes, The better in my opinion.

Siorac

I don't know why he's still at the club to be honest, He offers nothing to us, I'd sell him in January, He's crap, He's a mid-table premier league player, The sooner he goes, The better in my opinion.
Homegrown quotas have to be met.

Kostov

The thing that bugs me the most. He takes the ball, goes with the ball, makes a move like he will attack defender and then he does cleverley- pass the ball to first player. Every time. Every single time. He can be local, he can run all day but i can't accept winger who plays on safe every fecking single time. Just can't. Our defensive midfielder matic goes in dribble , tries something, even darmian tries to do something on his own in attack but our winger whos main job is to create, does not even try. He is a winger who didn't ever dribble past player. Shocking.
Someone said it good - instead of him , lets just try gomes or chong or some other kid.
Did you really expect anything else from Lingard? He isn't capable of dribling against any half decent defender, at best he can outpace some old git(or Blind in training maybe?). His best contribution is good fecking movement, let that sink in, good movement, and he is payed 100k a week to be an attacker for Manchester United.

Can somebody more reasonable than me point out to a worse attacker we've had that made 100 appearances for the club? Like @buckooo1978 already said, he is the symbol of our fall from grace in the last 4 years.

Oldyella

It felt like he was always in the wrong place to receive a pass last night. He would constantly look to give and go but go to where the ball was not.

BenjaminP

Fletcher in early days got criticized for his limits, but later showed his quality in our squad. The most crucial reason for him to succeed here was his attitude imo.
Lingard has always been criticized, but the fact that he is always fit and ready when called upon, never complain about his playing time, and willingness to trust the manager shows me that he may be a better squad option later on.
His wage is too high? We do have enough money. We're not Spurs. Plus he is academy graduate.
Did we really have to win Basel game tonight? No. And Lingard won't be starting in games where we need 3points. If Lingard was starting games week in and week out, then I'll be complaining.

Kostov

Fletcher in early days got criticized for his limits, but later showed his quality in our squad. The most crucial reason for him to succeed here was his attitude imo.
Lingard has always been criticized, but the fact that he is always fit and ready when called upon, never complain about his playing time, and willingness to trust the manager shows me that he may be a better squad option later on.
His wage is too high? We do have enough money. We're not Spurs. Plus he is academy graduate.
Did we really have to win Basel game tonight? No. And Lingard won't be starting in games where we need 3points. If Lingard was starting games week in and week out, then I'll be complaining.
Ready when called upon!? :houllier::lol: Yeah I bet he was ready to provide absolutely nothing last night.

And complain? What can he be complaining about? He is winning the loterry being here. The moment any sense hits the head of Jose or Woodward he is out of the door and will be lucky to end up at Watford.

OldTrevil

We all know he is limited technically but has good movement and work rate, so he will only link well with technically proficient players around him like Pogba, Martial, Mata and Rashford. He is likely to play worse, like yesterday, when he links with a shit Darmian, Lukaku who isn't great with his back to goal and Herrera who seems to have forgotten his forward play. The blame for his bad performance is largely on him of course but we must be smart in effectively using his movement and work rate in the right environment. Ideally in a big team he'd be a backup to a backup but we are far off from that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.