4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Nothing we didn't already know. He would be a bench player for Leicester/Watford/Everton/West Ham and yet he starts for Manchester United.

fallengt

He's a joke.
Need to practice Fortnite's dances more. That'll help him control the ball better.

Ace of Spades

Imagine paying 100k per week for that. What's with Ole's obsession with him? He's a joke.
He is shit, but he plays because he works hard. We at least put their defense under pressure. His quality is woeful though.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'd say that was intentional but that would be giving him too much credit. Missing sitters is his signature move.

youmeletsfly

The one he missed with the goal being open, the rashford cross in detail, by jesse lingard:
- goes upfield, gets into a good position
- cross comes in, defender clears it (and now lingard d stopped. Everytime you get to.stopp and a cross is cleared, as an attacker, you are 2 seconds ahead of the defender and you can reposition)
- but no, jesse is complaining and moaning that the cross was cleared instead of using those 2 seconds to reposition and follow the play
- because of that he was 1/2 seconds late to Rashford's cross, missed the ball and the open goal.

That is plainly not giving a shit and you thinking it is is more important to be seen moaning instead of concentrating and following the play.

Boy I would slap him with a table spoon until it melts just for those 2 seconds of having 0 attacking instinct and moaning like a bitch.

You wouldn't see Inzaghi do that back in the day, would, you?

Chairman Steve

Squad player/Rotation option/Certain opposition type of player is all he should be at the level we want to be at.

Djemba-Djemba

Oh careful, critisising him and pointing out that he blatantly isn’t good enough will have you labeled a hater.
Nah that lot will wait for his tap in against Cardiff at home before they do that. Until then they'll just avoid the thread.

He's a "joy to watch" apparently.

RedIan

Not happening for him since his return from injury. Id still keep him as a squad player. Works hard and when hes on form can score important goals. Off his game atm.

Robbie Boy

He’s a young lad, so don’t worry he’d get better.
Exactly, Young and learning and he’s from the academy so he ‘gets us’. Oh did I mention that Fergie said he would peak late, several highly successful managers have picked him and they obviously know more than us, he pulls defenders out of position with his highly intelligent / world class movement, has scored in cup finals (shhh it doesn’t matter that it was against Palace & Southampton), he ‘always’ plays well in big games, etc.

Have I missed anything from the Lingard book of bollox cliches?

DamoK

What worries me is Solskjaer keeps giving him chances. We all know he's just not good enough, his end product is very poor

Patrick08

His mentality is also rubbing on Rashford and he's a bad influence on him.

Typical English player with a kid mentality what can i say more. Just let sterling run through on the second goal as well without blocking him. He seriously lacks footballing brains.

Silas

He is shit, but he plays because he works hard. We at least put their defense under pressure. His quality is woeful though.
Think there's only so much that workrate can excuse. Below a certain level of ability, it's simply not worth it.

BlackBen

A nothing player putting up a shit performance shocker. Can't understand why Ole keeps picking him.

Absolutely clueless with the ball, a coward. Greenwood wouldn't have been as bad.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
For caftards who say, he's a championship level... well... you are on to something.

Last edited:

Patrick08

I hope we stop promoting mediocre players in first team. Would have actually kept janunaz than him.

Beaucoup

Exactly, Young and learning and he’s from the academy so he ‘gets us’. Oh did I mention that Fergie said he would peak late, several highly successful managers have picked him and they obviously know more than us, he pulls defenders out of position with his highly intelligent / world class movement, has scored in cup finals (shhh it doesn’t matter that it was against Palace & Southampton), he ‘always’ plays well in big games, etc.

Have I missed anything from the Lingard book of bollox cliches?
Did Fergie mention how late he’ll peak, cause I’m still fecking waiting

Kopral Jono

Plenty of us give the likes of Lukaku, Young or Jones a lot of stick (deservedly so most of the time) but not one of them could hold a candle to this clown of a footballer. Lingard needs to get the feck out of United, I'm sick and tired of seeing his face.

Cloud7

It really is a shame that our two best chances had to fall to him. I would have bet on Lukaku finishing one of them over JLingz

MadMike

Worked hard in his defence, but laughably short on quality. Especially compared to what City had on offer on the other side of the pitch.

We need at least one, probably two new forwards next year so that Lingard only plays in absolute emergencies.

I also feel that Ole has a bit too much of a hardon for him and Rashy or homegrown players in general. Not that Lukaku or Martial have covered themselves in glory and deserve to start or anything, but these two lads seem a bit immune and protected.

Lukeinchina

This guy is a joker.
Woodward likes his online presence and he's Lolz in the dressing room. Also he's got some Peter Pan shit going on where people will always refer to him as a young player because he acts like a teenager. Being a decent footballer and playing to the fecking whistle rather than turning his back on the ball to have a mard is overrated. #JLingz

Djemba-Djemba

It really is a shame that our two best chances had to fall to him. I would have bet on Lukaku finishing one of them over JLingz
Lukaku has missed a shit load of sitters himself this season to be fair.

I wouldn't be confident of him scoring either, especially in a big game.

Ace of Spades

Think there's only so much that workrate can excuse. Below a certain level of ability, it's simply not worth it.
Not saying he is good enough, but his competition is also shit, so might as well go with tge one qhoch works hard at least.

Cloud7

Lukaku has missed a shit load of sitters himself this season to be fair.

I wouldn't be confident of him scoring either, especially in a big game.
I wouldn’t be confident of Lukaku scoring either and I barely rate him at this level at all, but that in itself shows how little confidence in have in Lingard these days that I would have preferred the big man in those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.