Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Shit today. Not bothered. One of only about 4 players I'd be arsed about keeping at the club.

Canagel

Another game of zero contributions. 4 goals the whole season is it? Real stealing a living

Last edited:

el3mel

Imagine having a 27 years old forward who plays 33 matches in a season and scores about 5 goals. Can't see any big club enjoying this shite.

drdoityourself

We had some good spells in attack when Lukaku was put on the right. Having someone on the right wing just makes everything easier. Stretches the play, and their defence cannot focus solely on defending the left where we are most threatening.

Don't shut down the right flank just so the bang average free roaming Jesse Lingard can pat his appearances.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand how he can be so inconsistent at 27, it's something you overlook with younger players in the hope they improve but with Jesse that won't happen, this is as good as it gets. He will go on another good run for a month or 2, score a few goals and all will be all right again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Feck the "squad player" shit. Which top club is he getting minutes? Just seen he was born in 1992. Thought he was born in 94. Tom Cleverly had more about him.

Velvet Revolver

Only reason he is getting anywhere near the team is because he is an academy player. Reminds of me SAF's persistence with a Gibson! play him as a squad player or get rid.

Edit - A word

Kostov

Christ he is awful. That incident with Ogbona summed this chap perfectly. Flufffs a good chance because he is shit, dives and asks for a non existent penalty, Ogbona gets into his face and he shits himself. Makes a fancy handshake at the end. Shit footballer from top to bottom.

Eddy_JukeZ

How does he not get subbed off?

That performance from him was unacceptable. He was woeful.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
No defending him. Weirdly, other than Pogba and Rashford, no player has shown any improvements over the last few months. If anything, most have declined - Lingard, Martial, De Gea etc.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The one where he just kept his head down and scuffed a shin height ball straight to the first West Ham defender?

Yeah I'd like to see that too.

Also a gif of his unusual "clearance" after they hit the bar.
With acres of space too, that's everything that's wrong with his football. "Hit and hope" in a nutshell

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of those players that just strikes me as just happy to be called a Manchester United player.
No conviction in anything, no pride. It's all fun and games. Dislike him and the rest of the team so much.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One of those players that just strikes me as just happy to be called a Manchester United player.
No conviction in anything, no pride. It's all fun and games. Dislike him and the rest of the team so much.
That's actually a good point. There isn't an area of play where he's clearly improved

Terminator

He's been awful and he needs to step it up. Hardly has done anything of note this season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I personally predicted around 5 years ago that he'd make a decent player in the Championship. But here we're with Lingard starting in games for us, and we're surprised with all the money spent, we still can't quite cement a UCL spot. Lingard isn't alone either in the mediocrity we've piled up at the club.

He's not a local lad either, coming from Warrington. He's as local to Manchester as he's to Liverpool. I seriously hope Ole does show a ruthlessness in the summer as reported in the tabloids, and sends Lingard to a club that befits his ability.

L1nk

I personally predicted around 5 years ago that he'd make a decent player in the Championship. But here we're with Lingard starting in games for us, and we're surprised with all the money spent, we still can't quite cement a UCL spot. Lingard isn't alone either in the mediocrity we've piled up at the club.

He's not a local lad either, coming from Warrington. He's as local to Manchester as he's to Liverpool. I seriously hope Ole does show a ruthlessness in the summer as reported in the tabloids, and sends Lingard to a club that befits his ability.
Nobody is going to be stupid enough to pay him over 100k a week like we are.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't mind him at all as a squad player but I'm not sure what level he would have to drop down to/what team he would really excel at and stick out as too good for them. Like you see Lanzini as a #10 at West Ham for a while - hes obviously a bit better then that level but hes been mid table for a while. Lanzini is without a doubt more talented and dynamic IMO. So in terms of if he was picked up by someone to be a key player... itd probably be in the bottom half of the league.

Silas

Nobody is going to be stupid enough to pay him over 100k a week like we are.
Yeah this is the issue, even if the club want him gone (doubtful). If he leaves, I imagine it'll be on a free.

shahzy

He shouldn't be a starter. At truly top clubs Lingard is like Sergi roberto and the likes. An academy product that comes in when you need to rest your top players and he happily does that for his career. Ideally he'd be coming into a team where he was surrounded by players that carry the team and he's just there to fill a role. Its really on us and how far we have fallen that we are relying on a player like Lingard as a first team player

OohAahMartial

Not been the same since his injury (and can day that about a lot of them, they all badly need this Summer and pre-season) and he has had a bad season. No way he will be starter after this Summer's overhaul, so returns to being a squad player next season, but no urgency to sell him compared to the host of others we need to offload.

Bojan11

People keep saying squad player.

If he’s a squad player then West Ham at home are the sort of games that he should look good in. So what’s the point of having him in the squad?

We should get rid whilst we got a chance to get a fee.

Carl S Bridge

He shouldn't be a starter. At truly top clubs Lingard is like Sergi roberto and the likes. An academy product that comes in when you need to rest your top players and he happily does that for his career. Ideally he'd be coming into a team where he was surrounded by players that carry the team and he's just there to fill a role. Its really on us and how far we have fallen that we are relying on a player like Lingard as a first team player
This is spot on. He isn't good enough to be a starter in first team. Yet he's a good player to have in the squad to come in and do a job. He is essentially a ji sung park. (Though not quite as good) however the squad and the first team is not good enough to carry him. And to be fair there are quite a few who need carrying.

It infuriates me but next time you watch United, look how many of the attackers in particular run towards the ball. You need some players to run behind the defensive line and away from the ball, so that you can stretch the opposition and create space or a good opportunity.

Lingard is particularly notorious for this and whenever he receives the ball very rarely makes an incisive pass or creates a chance. instead he usually just passed it back to the guy who passed it to him .

In the game versus west ham there was a good opportunity on the coubter attack to play in rashford, martial or greenwood. His lackadaisical ball ruined the good opportunity

PaulRich

Runs around a lot and dribbles at inappropriate times.....................like my basset hound.

AndyJ1985

At truly top class teams they have squad players that are actually good footballers. To use your example Sergi Roberto would walk into our first team. Lingard wouldn't get near Barcelona's bench. If we ever want to get near that level again we need to get real about the standard of player that is good enough to wear a united shirt. And it sure as shit isn't Lingard.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Need to either get rid this summer or put him on the bench and never as a starter. One of the most useless forward I’ve seen in recent times at Manchester United who always gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s homegrown or people think he’s still a kid.

steakpie

But LVG, Jose and now Ole rate him and they must know better because they see him in training:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.