4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

It hasn't really helped that people like Neville and Ferdinand have constantly blown smoke up his ass about how great his movement is. It seems like he's happy enough these days just getting by off that.

He hasn't got a clever pass, he hasn't got any tricks/can't beat a man 1v1, he doesn't have a left foot and can't head.

Take away his famed movement and stamina and he's just bang average. I've never really rated him but he had that purple patch where I thought he'd turned corner. Turns out it was just banging Jenna Frumes gave him an extra 10%.
:lol:

You are right. He doesn't even look like a decent squad player right now
Give it a rest you haters! He will score a tap in against Cardiff on the last day of the season, then movement and running worshipers and regular Lingard apologists will be here in full swing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Give it a rest you haters! He will score a tap in against Cardiff on the last day of the season, then movement and running worshipers and regular Lingard apologists will be here in full swing.
Somehow I doubt it.

He's a trier, I'll give him that but so limited.

The problem right now is that we are left with those who try and those who aren't

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

You are right. He doesn't even look like a decent squad player right now
Honestly, there's probably 10 players in the rest of the league i'd happily play over him right now.

Zaha,Deulofeu,Fraser,Jota,Redmond,Richarlison,F.Anderson,Barnes,Maddison,Sessengnon

He's a local lad though and he's great with kids.

red4ever 79

Squad player. Good enough to have on the bench when you need a fresh pair of legs to press for the last 10 mins, good enough to start our league cup games and Europa games. Never, never good enough to be a starter for Manchester United at any other level of competition.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Squad player. Good enough to have on the bench when you need a fresh pair of legs to press for the last 10 mins, good enough to start our league cup games and Europa games. Never, never good enough to be a starter for Manchester United at any other level of competition.
Uh, not really!

You see City starting those games with Gundogan, Jesus and Sane but we throw on Lingard.

He was ok about 2/3 years ago but has deteriorated

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yeah, spouting nonsense about a player lacking confidence while in reality he has been the same shit contributor his entire career, is the genius talking in you then. The one talking garbage here is not me.
Well for starters, “it’s nothing to do with confidence” is just rubbish when confidence is so important. “If anything he’s too confident” what on earth are you talking about? Clearly been watching his Snapchat and not him as a footballer because he goes missing every game, looks like he doesn’t have belief in anything. Compare that to last season where it was worldie after worldie at one point when he was playing...with confidence. Clearly the talent is there to be decent when he has belief in what he’s doing. As I said, he clearly isn’t a class player but is better than he has been this season as we’ve seen with our own eyes previously.

Kaglish10

Honestly, there's probably 10 players in the rest of the league i'd happily play over him right now.

Zaha,Deulofeu,Fraser,Jota,Redmond,Richarlison,F.Anderson,Barnes,Maddison,Sessengnon

He's a local lad though and he's great with kids.
We could have kept Cleverly if we go by this local lad thing. He needs to be binned.

JoaquinJoaquin

Well for starters, “it’s nothing to do with confidence” is just rubbish when confidence is so important. “If anything he’s too confident” what on earth are you talking about? Clearly been watching his Snapchat and not him as a footballer because he goes missing every game, looks like he doesn’t have belief in anything. Compare that to last season where it was worldie after worldie at one point when he was playing...with confidence. Clearly the talent is there to be decent when he has belief in what he’s doing. As I said, he clearly isn’t a class player but is better than he has been this season as we’ve seen with our own eyes previously.
He is better than what he has shown this season, but he still isn't United quality unfortunately. By law of averages any player making over 100 appearances for United would probably have the same if not better stats.

billybee99

He is not better. This is Jesse Lingard. This is what he is: a below average forward with work rate but no abilities to score, pass or dribble. He has 10 assists in his entire career. Beckham and Giggs each used to get that in a season. He has zero league goals in 2019 (we are almost in May) and didn't score his first league goal of the season until December. All his league goals this season were in December. He's the Purple Patch Kid. Every December, he comes out of hibernation and scores 3 or 4 goals and then disappears again until next season. And this fraud of a player has actually managed to convince a small but very vocal group of Fanboys to follow him to the end - where are they these days by the way; well I imagine haram and Lou are already lined up outside Harrods to buy the new Lingod/JLings summer line of cabana wear.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

And to think, after years of me being labelled a ‘hater’ on here, I actually started to rate him for a period last season. I even cut him plenty of slack this season and I thought he might return to form but he’s been utterly diabolical.

ash_86

Lingard is the definition of why we are in this mess. Starting absolutely pointless players game after game

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It feels insulting that at one time people were comparing him to Park. Park would bury the chances he gets game after game.

Strats

Another nothing performance. Can’t stand seeing him wearing the shirt anymore.

Apparently he has a “JLingz” - Instagram and posts shite like this on match days.

Think he used to promote his brand during the World Cup too. Maybe I’m old and bitter but stuff like this infuriates me, especially with him being shite on the pitch.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

Apparently he has a “JLingz” - Instagram and posts shite like this on match days.

Think he used to promote his brand during the World Cup too. Maybe I’m old and bitter but stuff like this infuriates me, especially him being shite on the pitch.
A great gift for a United fan you don't like, he's an absolute clown, thank god he doesn't score too often so we don't have to put up with his moronic celebrations. Thought he was ok as a squad player for us, but he's really regressed this season, for some reason I get the impression he's a bad influence on Rashford too.

Saw him doing an interview a couple of days after Everton and he was moronically laughing away like a 15 year old. Doesn't matter if he's local if he doesn't give a toss.

Reddy Rederson

Think he used to promote his brand during the World Cup too. Maybe I’m old and bitter but stuff like this infuriates me, especially him being shite on the pitch.
Super, mega, mega cringe.

Djemba-Djemba

I just don't understand how a Jesse Lingard fashion range is financially viable.

Who is out there buying it?

It's like if Stewart Downing released some merchandise.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The only time Lingard deserved his place was last season when he had a purple patch and got a decent return for the season. That was his best season for us and now is a candidate to be sold.

clarkydaz

Think he used to promote his brand during the World Cup too. Maybe I’m old and bitter but stuff like this infuriates me, especially with him being shite on the pitch.
I really didnt need to see this :lol:

The Nani

I hate him.

There. I said it.

Robbie Boy

I just don't understand how a Jesse Lingard fashion range is financially viable.

Wait, what? You have no JLingz gear? Jokes on you mate. I’m rocking all the JLingz gear today.

Pace Abuser

Jokes on everyone who ever thought he'd amount to anything at United. He's mid table player and always has been. I've maintained that throughout his odd goal.

izec

I wouldnt mind him as an unimportant squad player at 50k a week. He is stealing a living here and stinking up the place on the pitch and off the pitch with his JLingz nonsense. Cant Everton come in and take him please?

MoskvaRed

It’s like a bad joke, a concept pitched by Partridge - urban fashion with Jesse Lingard.

Raw

It's annoying because he's clearly not good enough to be flogging merchandise like this. He took advantage of the 1-2 seasons of fame he got by being better than average, and is squeezing every penny out of it. Did no one think to tell him that JLingz was cringey as feck? Or am I an old man that doesn't get what the kids are into? Are kids even begging their parents for the latest JLingz hoody/cap/tracksuit?

I remember when Cleverley launched a fecking website and tried to start the "TC23" brand. That didn't last long. It's not like he's someone like Rio (though his 5 caps are still pretty silly), because he was a top class player who won it all. Focus on your football, then launch your merchandise.

Raw

Genuine question, do any City or Liverpool players do something similar? Have even one of their first team players started a brand?

Art

Art the artist
5 goals and 6 assists in 35 games. 2 of those against Cardiff. He is not united quality.

-Supreme-

Lingard might be able to get away it if he was a FB or hard working CM, is there a team challenging for top 4 ever had attacking players as limited as him?

He clearly needs a team to carry him, I hope Ole sees it sooner rather than later. We should just let one of our youth players to take up his spot next season

opopop

What are the odds we'll be seeing him converted into a RB when he reaches 30?
He'll become a great outlet with his tireless running up and down the wing.

dokmaaa

Supports
GNK Dinamo Zagreb
Genuine question, do any City or Liverpool players do something similar? Have even one of their first team players started a brand?
Sane, Kompany and Lovren have, maybe even more of them... :D Common thing in modern football I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.